The Psychology of Urinals: 1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 48 comments
  • 2,664 views

Which urinal?

  • Urinal 1, nearest the door

    Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Urinal 2

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Urinal 3

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Urinal 4

    Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Urinal 5, next to the wall

    Votes: 39 43.8%
  • Don't Care

    Votes: 6 6.7%

  • Total voters
    89
  • Poll closed .
ultrabeat
I think that psychologically, you're nervous about the other guy looking at your chipolata.
That doesn't make you gay.
And it doesn't necessarily make him gay either.

Be proud, TM!

It's not necesserally that. I generally think that i want some privacy for the few seconds while i pee and don't want to be squashed up against someone else.

Although in all fairness i usually only use urinals at pubs and then only after i've had a few drinks. Therefore, i'm usually in a state not to care either way.

Still, 5.
 
#4.

Not in the corner that's just sad.

Not by the door, you never know who could walk in.

Not in the middle, propper etiquate.
 
You know, #4 is the one that forces someone to take #2, thus making 3 others void when you could have taken 1,3 or 5 and left 2 others instead of just one.
 
Nearest the door, here's why:

The urinal nearest the door (depending on the layout) may require actually walking back toward the entrance wall. Bathroom doors open inward typically, and so the bathroom door is often in the way of walking straight to the urinal by the door - which makes it awkward to get to and often for that reason (and for others) the first urinal is the least popular.

Least popular means good for me for two reasons. First, I'm less likely to have someone standing next to me. Second, the one used the fewest times has the least amount of germs on the handle and elsewere. Urinal number 5 is one that has been abused by everybody who walks into the room. Number 1 is just as private (can't get sandwiched between two guys) but less popular typically.

Really the only two urinals that one can choose in this situation are the ones on the ends (don't want to be sandwiched). I just think that the least popular of those is best and its obvious from the urinals I frequent, that the first one is unpopular.
 
I voted #5, but then I just had a thought – are we talking about walled-off urinals? If they're walled-off, then I'd much rather have #1, for the same reason Dan mentioned – it's more sanitary, while still being at the end. However, if they're not walled off, then I'd still go for #5, because it's so uncomfortable being exposed as people are walking in.

And nothing's worse than having football players peeing next to you. I have to deal with that every single day during track season. They talk, and worse, they specifically talk about peeing. So damn unnerving.

GT_Fan2005
number 5 by the wall, i like leaning against the wall.
:lol: Eww!
 
I usually use the one that's, em...flushed already.

I find it ridiculous that people hate sitting next to strangers. In the bathroom i can find some slight reason, but what about in movie theaters? Certain sports games?
 
Giancarlo
I usually use the one that's, em...flushed already.

I find it ridiculous that people hate sitting next to strangers.

You SIT on a urinal?
 
Either 4 or 5 are the ones to use in this situation
 
ultrabeat
Ach. You people.

Standing next to someone whilst peeing is not linked in any way to homosexuality.
And you needn't be ashamed if you're always bigger than the next guy.

I guess part of the reason I go pee in the stalls is I'm used to a room like at home not so much anything else. If I know I'm gonna be by myself in the restroom then I'll go to the urinals. I have to admit it is odd to stand next to someone while peeing though (not in a homosexuality way).
 
I usually choose the largest stall available, but if not then I use the fifth urinal. I usually end up using the bushes more than I do urinals. It's impossible to lose the nerve when your outside.
 
I'd say #4 - I guess I dislike having a wall right next to me, and it's still pretty far away from the door.

The thing is, in many cases numbers 1 or 5 are made for children, and therefore much shorter, rendering them useless. So 1's usually out of the question anyway.
 
This is, actually, more fascinating than I thought... :D
 
It is polite to leave #1 for people who are bursting to take a leak.

#3 is used by people who wish to show off ie: "I'm really well hung so I don't mind being the centre of attention". These are usually the same people who try to hold 2 inches like a baseball bat.

#5 is for people who are insecure about their manhood so they try to take the spot furthest away from anyone entering.

Therefore the only choice would be between #'s 2 and 4. So #2 is the way to go as you don't have to walk as far.
 
somebody
#3 is used by people who wish to show off ie: "I'm really well hung so I don't mind being the centre of attention".
.

:lol: I wish I had an 8 inch penis... instead of this huge b*stard....
 
i will take number 5, that way if it starts to crowd up (teh urinals) i can angle myself towards the wall.
 
I usually just piss in whichever one looks like it needs to be pissed in.

I don't care.
 
Back