The quest to find Private Lobbies with shorter racesPS4 

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 3 comments
Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain
davidtsmith333
Why are 99.999% of private lobbies hosting long-winded endurance type races consisting of 30-40plus laps per race/ 1-2 hours per pop (and that is not counting practice and qualifying laps/times)? Whatever happened to hosting meets consisting of shorter, more bearable races of a couple laps and having a couple races mixed in for variety and pleasure?

I've recently found one lobby (thanks again Obi_Tonobi) that suits me fine. A great guy with some cool racers and so far the meets have consisted shorter lap races etc (7-15 mins) per race and he mixes it up with other various races and categories of cars which keeps it interesting. I'm gonna stay with this one once he has me.

I've been browsing the forum in the quest to find another private lobby or two for perhaps the days he's not hosting and been finding it quite a chore. Most of those I've seen it seems each race is along the type of long-winded endurance races. Now I might not mind the occasional endurance race but why so many and not including the shorter lap races mentioned earlier? Also hardly seeing anything for the weekend when more time may be available than the little time one has during the workweek night.

US timezone would be more compatible for me as UK timezones the time difference is to great a 5-hour difference.
Hoping to find some options.

I'm with ya buddy. 30 minutes is my max stint for endurance, sprint races I like 10-15 minutes

@davidt33 The problem with Project Cars 1 is the lack of hosting options. In GT6 you had options for reverse grid and race finish order grid - these options are missing from PC1.

Also qualification starts from pitlane - there is no option to start it from the last corner and qualification cannot be graduated between 5 and 10 minutes meaning that qualification has to be much longer than in GT6.

The lack of grid options plus the above reduces the ability of Hosts to fit a series of races into one meeting - after 5 or 6 years hosting on other games I have been quite shocked by how limited (poor) the hosting options are on PC1.

On top of this we have a countdown start lights system which, after all that qualifying, is much more likely to result in first corner carnage.

I hope that Hosting options are increased / improved in PC2 and the countdown start system is replaced with something more realistic. With these changes you would see more sprint races with short qualification or no qualification (reverse grid or finishing order position).

@davidt33 The problem with Project Cars 1 is the lack of hosting options. In GT6 you had options for reverse grid and race finish order grid - these options are missing from PC1.

Also qualification starts from pitlane - there is no option to start it from the last corner and qualification cannot be graduated between 5 and 10 minutes meaning that qualification has to be much longer than in GT6.

The lack of grid options plus the above reduces the ability of Hosts to fit a series of races into one meeting - after 5 or 6 years hosting on other games I have been quite shocked by how limited (poor) the hosting options are on PC1.

On top of this we have a countdown start lights system which, after all that qualifying, is much more likely to result in first corner carnage.

I hope that Hosting options are increased / improved in PC2 and the countdown start system is replaced with something more realistic. With these changes you would see more sprint races with short qualification or no qualification (reverse grid or finishing order position).

Thanks for the reminder and clarification @Sick Cylinder . I recall you mentioned the above limitations to me sometime around the time I was asking but can't recall if it was prior to my asking in this thread or after or maybe I had forgotten at the time. Cheers again bud.

Back