The REAL Purpose of the European Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter AMCNUT
  • 5 comments
  • 1,068 views
Messages
1,600
Canada
ON, Canada
Messages
AMCNUT
Messages
AMCNUT
When I first got to the European Championship at Level 22, I was appalled at how easy the competition proved to be! Here I was, XJ220 in hand, expecting to have a go at all of the Ferraris, Paganis, RUFs, Lambos, etc. Instead I found myself facing VW Jettas and Volvo S60Rs....

I thought to myself, 'Really? THESE cars at THIS level!?!?!?' and proceeded to destroy them with my Jag.

But now, a few weeks later in the game and I think I realize the TRUE purpose of the weak/moderate competition; it's PD's way of giving us a fun and well paying proving ground for the average car I buy and want to test out. That way, I can get good racing in and make a nice buck for winning!

Gotta hand it to PD for being the master of the little thoughtful details...

What do you guys think?
 
PD provides a "typical opponents" list with HP and KGS numbers for every race for this very purpose. However they don't list the tires, but I think the B-Spec version of the same race does. Anyway after you enter and watch a replay you can switch to one of the AI cars and see what tires they use. This way you can get right level of tune for your AI opponents.
 
PD provides a "typical opponents" list with HP and KGS numbers for every race for this very purpose. However they don't list the tires, but I think the B-Spec version of the same race does. Anyway after you enter and watch a replay you can switch to one of the AI cars and see what tires they use. This way you can get right level of tune for your AI opponents.

I know they provide a list but just the same, by level 22 I'd expected to be facing more advanced cars initially. But my favoured strategy for GT is underpowered with racing or sports softs depending on the car. I love to drive it in as deep as possible!
 
Competition does not depend on the cars [save for those cases where there is a 2J-esque superior vehicle against mere mortal cars], but the drivers.

If the AI was good enough, racing anything would be fun.
 
But now, a few weeks later in the game and I think I realize the TRUE purpose of the weak/moderate competition; it's PD's way of giving us a fun and well paying proving ground for the average car I buy and want to test out. That way, I can get good racing in and make a nice buck for winning!
What do you guys think?

I did that race all last weekend. I went to the new and used car dealerships and bought a bunch of Euro cars and tested them there.
I ended up with a bunch of new cars and still made a credit profit.
I just wish there was a Nurburgring.
 
I've started using this event to test the European cars I haven't used yet, plus I get money for doing it which is always good.
 
Back