The REAL reason for Online Saves in GT Sport!! (maybe?)

• Thread starter TomBrady
  • 1 comments
United States
Mass UTC-5
HugoStiglitz_420 and GTP_HugoStiglitz
What if we're being punished for our past abuse of the gift car system in GT5???!!!!???!!?!?!?!?!??

Which could also indicate they plan on bringing the feature back?

Let me just say, I don't really believe this is the actual reason for the online saves, it was just a thought I had after putting on my brand new tin foil hat/thinking cap :dunce:. But usually when I have thoughts with my thinking cap on though, I'm as right as Alex Jones was about the frogs so who knows...

What I mean by this is in GT5, you could gift cars to your friends. But, if you backed up your game save file on PS3 before doing so, sent the car, then used your backup to overwrite your updated save, you would get to keep the car.

You could also send cars to an account that you yourself controlled, then send it right back to your main account essentially allowing you to "clone" cars.

Many people did this multiple times for easy in game cash.

I'm sure PD knew this was happening, which could be why they removed the feature from GT6 but what if they're still angry with us and this is our punishment? This stupid online save system and most features being locked behind the internet connection. Both of which are very hard to explain using logic, but what if it's not inspired by logic but VENGEANCE!!!!

Just a thought. Maybe a stupid one... :lol:

I can’t think of a single sensible reason other than to prevent cheating.
Since the game needs Plus for online racing anyway, why does PD not take advantage of PS Plus’ cloud saving to have at least some kind of redundancy in case your connection to the servers is lost before the game could save its state.

Back