• Thread starter Joey D
  • 4 comments

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
Looks like SCS listened to their fanbase when they said the US was just too small in scale. They have already started bumping it from the current 1:35 scale to 1:20 scale which is the same as ETS2. Here's a snippit of what else they are planning with this update.
SCS
This update will have many clear benefits for you, such as:
  • Upping the map scale from 1:35 to 1:20, meaning 75% longer roads outside the cities
  • Retouching the existing system of roads and intersections and revisiting the placement of cities and crossroads
  • Focusing on a better sense of scale and distance, more space for large vistas
  • Adjusting the timescale - meaning a slower day/night cycle and longer intervals between when the driver needs to rest and refuel
  • Revamping problematic junctions - no more Interstate intersections!
  • Revamping the driver experience system to more closely mirror ETS2's system
  • More room for densely populated areas in future map expansions
Unfortunately this mean we will have to wait longer for additional states but looking at the screenshots in the article they are already building the road network for New Mexico. I'm guessing it will be closer to the end of the year before we get any additional states, but I'm guessing a few trucks might be coming soon. Apparently the Volvo VNL 300 has been spied in a few of the shots so far.

Here's the snippit about the trucks too since it's in the comments section:
SCS
Regarding the questions about truck licensing and Peterbilt 389;

Peterbilt 389 is still under construction. Please note that we need to prepare three separated models (each with multiple versions of cabins): low/mid poly AI traffic truck, high poly trucks, which the trucker will be driving, and the high poly interiors for the in-cabin camera, for each cabin variant.

Truck licensing progress - We are negotiating with multiple partners, The licencing process is the long run one, ant it is extremely appreciating diplomacy, secrecy and responsibility.
Further trucks will be announced/ confirmed only under the circumstances agreeded with the particular manufacturer. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Here's a link to the blog post: http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/06/the-rescale.html

I was having a read of this last night on their blog. Pretty excited about it, though it will take some months to complete. The wait will be worth it though.

I'm pretty pleased with the rescale, it seems more like America now since things are more spread out. I hope they release some new states in the next couple of months too, I'd love to be able to setup my shop in Utah.

Loving the game since rescale, it looks amazing. More vegetation, the moment you start driving on the highway you notice it is bigger. Scenery in alot of places has changed too.

Latest Posts

Back