The Ring in Reverse

  • Thread starter Thread starter FLIGHT50
  • 14 comments
  • 1,780 views
Messages
755
Messages
JacksonIS31
I just found a severe challenge for myself. Not sure if anyone has done this yet.....

While tuning my NASCAR for the Seasonal I got spun around near the last turn before the finish line. Since this was going to be my final lap for the night anyways, I said what the heck and kept going. I finished the whole course in reverse just to see if I could do it. Talk about a challenge, you can throw the old course memory out the book. This direction brings the threat of running into the gates that the emergency vehicles come out of on sharp turns.

For you hardcore racers, do you think if PD gave this track in the reverse direction, do you think you could master it in less than 25 laps equal to your forward lap time.
 
Never, lol. With the flow of corners, and the elevation change, I tihnk the forward direction favors the straights. All of the long, fast sections have downhill portions near the start of them, so you can get to the higher speeds quickly.
 
I'm sure I could re-master it in reverse, I'll do it the same way I did the first one, drive around in something slow (Like a Prius), do it twice. Then I would try a practice lap in my forward car. And after all that I'm sure I could match my forward time.

Well, maybe.
 
It's never been used reversed (I think)

I have never seen it in reverse, so no
 
gives proper meaning to "know the track forward and back".
 
LOL, I've been driving it since GT4 and I'm still learning it today. Learn it in reverse in 25 laps? Maybe 250 :lol:
 
In 25 laps? Considering that I have driven thousands of laps forwards I would say not a chance that I could even come close in just 25 laps in reverse. Not even sure if the same times would be possible in reverse but would be cool to try.
 
Not 100% sure, but Project Gotham Racing 4 even had mandatory race in final stages of the game on reversed Nordschleife.
 
Enthusia Prfessional Racing on the PS2 had the Nords in reverse as well.

Iv tried it the wrong way round quite a few times. Not too hard, if you know the track the right way round you already know what corners are coming up.....just reverse engineer your lines.
 
It's never been used reversed (I think)

I have never seen it in reverse, so no

Maybe not the whole track, but parts of it have been used reversed in rally special stages.

I can't find the video I'm looking for to illustrate, but this video is part of that set, and you can see Walter Rohrl turn onto the Nordschliefe right near the end (not reversed in this stage I think).

 
^Cool, so there is a rally portion for this track. Perhaps PD could give this to us in GT6 considering that they already have the main portion modeled. I think its feasible to do the track in reverse. If you can do it forward with practice, you can do it backwards with practice. If I am not mistaking SS11 was a pain at first forward until you learned it. Then there was a race when it was in reverse. Smaller scale than the Ring but still, its possible.
 
You must run the track in reverse. Its awesome. It actually flows pretty well
 
Ive tried it too with the nascar, from the nascar challenge!, and I thought it was impossible.
 
Maybe not the whole track, but parts of it have been used reversed in rally special stages.

I can't find the video I'm looking for to illustrate, but this video is part of that set, and you can see Walter Rohrl turn onto the Nordschliefe right near the end (not reversed in this stage I think).


That man & Sabine could probably start running the track faster in reverse than most people could forward.
 
Strange, I've went "the wrong way" around all courses in Gran Turismo, whether I was permitted to or not. Except Nurburgring. I'm gonna give it a go later to see.

Interesting thought 👍
 
Back