The Rise and Fall of GODZiLLA

gamerdog6482

(Banned)
United States
Venom, USA
Gamerdog6482
This is my first race report, so bear with me if it's terrible.

Venomspec Racing (AKA me) is about to enter the Laguna Sece 200 Miles Endurance in a rediculously overpowered car: The GODZiLLA!
Here is a picture of The GODZiLLA:
8103698595_14fa95288e_k.jpg

It is, as you can see, a fully upgraded and tuned up 1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33). It is WAY to fast to really enter this race and be fair, but I'm not going to enter my X2011 so this is what I will use.

I am using a tune that I found here at GTP, which you can find here.
It handles like crap, but after a transmission overhaul it is getting consistent 1:48s in practice. We'll see how that fares against the Vipers and Corvettes in the race.
I did a couple hot laps around SSRX and HSR on RSs to get used to the handling, and I am going to be starting the race in a few minutes. I'll post the start of the report in a different post in order to help keep the thread as neat as possible.

Last edited:
This car handles REALLY badly, and I am constantly fighting for first even though I have almost six hundred performance points.

Lap times:
  1. (Lap one is lost forever)
  2. 1:50.706
  3. 1:47.604
  4. 1:35.569

Race so far:
First four laps
The first lap started well. I nicely times second gear launch held a good start whilst also keeping revs down (this car heats peak power at over 9000 revs, not good for fuel) and overtook the entire field before turn one.
At the end of turn one, I was in third.
The GTO in front held back the Mustang GT behind it for a couple laps, and it looked like it would be an easy race, until a Dodge Charger R/T rear passed the Mustang and rear ended the GTO in the middle of the corkscrew, sending it to last place. The Mustang and Charger fought for pony car bragging rights and the Charger even passed me twice, but ultimately the Mustang was no match for the Challenger, and the Challenger was no match for The GODZiLLA.
As of posting, I am just passed turn one of lap 5/90. 5.5% done, only 85 laps to go...

Lap times:
5: 1:42.840
6: 1:42.163
7: 1:51.128
8: 1:42.802
9: 1:45.442
10: 1:42.802

Race so far: laps five through ten
Laps five and six both started and ended with The GODZiLLA in front and mostly without incident. However, the corkscrew in lap seven I took a bit to fast and ended in the curb, being passed by two cars.
I caught up with them in the straight, the one in front being that Challenger and the one in second a certain 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Not sure what happened to that Mustang, but obviously it wasn't good enough to beat the newer pony. I passed the Camaro on the straight and the Challenger in the first turn. Other than that, lap eight went without indecent, pulling a time of 1:42.802 and about a second ahead of the Challenger R/T.
A quick look behind me showed that there was a 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 right behind the Camaro, which was right behind the Challenger, which was right behind me. I saw that 'Vette as my biggest adversary, as it was faster than the SS or R/T and maybe even faster than me.

Halfway through lap ten and I spin out completely with the R/T, SS, Z06, and a 2002 Chrysler Prowler right behind me, throwing me into fourth.. It will be a tough climb back to first, but I can do it, and, most importantly, GODZiLLA can do it.
I overtake the Prowler going into the ******re still in lap ten. He overtakes me going out of the corckscrew. I overtake him once and for all in the straight, about 0.005 seconds before I cross the finish line, ending lap ten in third with a time of 1:52.921.

Lap times:
11: 1:55.180
12: 2:13.839
13: ∞

Race so far: laps eleven through fifteen
As stated before, lap eleven started me in forth place. I completely spun out again the first turn, in which the Prowler passed me AGAIN and I was in fifth.
I managed to spin out every corner in lap eleven, and crossed the line in sixth with a time of 1:55.180.
My front tires are gone, and my rear tires are feeling the heat, so I will pit next lap.
I was in seventh when I entered the pit lane, and by the time I left it I was in last. Lap time for lap twelve was 2:13.839. If I can't get into eighth by lap fifteen I will quit and get a better car.

UPDATE: I span out the second corner, and got lapped by the Z06. I am retiring from this race, but I will be back, and this time I won't lose.

I've decided to retry this race with a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS, but that won't be in this thread and it won't be anytime today.

Back