The Rumor Mill: Release Date?

Touring Mars

ツーリング マルス
Scotland
Glasgow
GTP_Mars
There is no release date for Tourist Trophy as yet, but seemingly it is already in playable form and possibly due to make an appearance at this months forthcoming Tokyo Motor Show 2005. (Oct 22nd) Since the game is seemingly based on the Gran Turismo 4 platform, and will be a Playstation 2 release, it may be scheduled for a Winter 2005 release.

Tokyo Motor Show TT link

Also available will be the "Tourist Trophy" motorcycle game, another "PlayStation 2" exclusive that will be launched this winter. Visitors will be among the first in the world to get a look at the game.

If anyone has any further (reliable) information, please feel free to discuss here. Also, any news on region-specific releases would be welcome.

The US/PAL versions arnt confirmed yet worry's me alittle, but I can't imagine them not releasing it out side of Japan.

Not only will the Tokyo Motor Show 2005 shed some light on TT but they are also unvieling the next Nissan GTR, cant wait.

VIPERGTSR01
The US/PAL versions arnt confirmed yet worry's me alittle.

As I mentioned in the main thread, the TGS footage displayed the speed in MPH. Further, the power was listed in HP rather than PS…all rather odd for a Japanese game show. I’d be expecting an NTSC/A release within a few months of the NTSC/J release. As for PAL…

I’ve been in contact with a few prominent Asian game stores over the last couple of weeks. I received an email toady indicating that pre-orders for the NTSC/J and NTSC/J Asia versions of TT will begin shortly. Keep an eye on your preferred online seller! My copy is already booked. ;)

i think it will likely come out in america. Every game Polyphony has made has came out worldwide except Gran Turismo Concept and GT4 Prologue.

Even If the do what they did with GTC and GT4 Prologue I will be happy ;).

Giancarlo
The game is only gonna be 1 on 1 racing right? That sucks. And is a waste of money.

Four bike races have been confirmed. Do you really want low poly count bikes, wooden riders, reduced textures and thirty frames a second? If you do, there are plenty of games on the market to suit your purpose. I’m surprised that PD has been able to push the end of cycle PS2 as far as they have. This is the first game in the series- we can look forward to a great deal more on the PS3. In the meantime I will relish the opportunity to blast around the Nürburgring on an accurately modelled MV Augusta. :)

Edit:
Well, we’ve seemingly hit our first delay. According to Maurice from Play-Asia, Sony has pushed the date back to the 24th Jan 2006. :(

tt4bb.jpg

Drillah
It might be more right? 4 in the picture but that's not for sure the limit right?
Maybe 6 or more?
According to the IGN preview:
"Outside of the TT Challenge, Tourist Trophy World Mode includes a Series Race mode where you race against three opponents."

Back