The RX-Vision GT3 is an overrated piece of Trash...

India
India
AfraidRacer
AfraidRacer17
When I first saw this car, I was quite excited and I bought it for the first time recently after taking a break from GTS. However, after making a livery on this car for a video, I now hate this car with a burning passion. Here’s why.

-It doesn’t look too great. I know looks are subjective, but that long nose/huge grill/big hood scoop combo really doesn’t do it for me. It’s also a bit too ‘smooth’ I.e there should have been more canards etc.
-It’s the poster child of GTS and GT7. As the main attraction of the GT7 trailer and one of the more famous cars of GT Sport, you would expect this to be one of the best cars in the game, but it’s really not.
-Absolute nightmare for making liveries. Most of the decals don’t work without changing the depth and there’s always colours leaking on to other parts. Weird for a car that had an entire livery contest dedicated to it.
-Like the 458, It’s pretty difficult to make this car look good. Unlike the 458, it’s not great out of the box and is also not easy to make liveries on.
-This one is again just an opinion, but what's up with all that oversteer on corner exit? Feels like the Ferrari...

Overall, I feel that this car is just a worse 458 in the fact that it is difficult to make liveries on and oversteers a lot.
Thoughts?

I've only ever driven mine with a hsg tune and its an ok drive. I do find it very unstable, flighty and it hates curbs. The front end sticks ok, and yeah the rear end is kind of loose but its manageable if youre a careful driver.

I do have no desire to ever drive it again given there's so many GT3 cars that are better.... or more correctly, better suited to my driving style.

Cars like the R8 LMS runs rings aronud it.

When the designer(S) spoke about it, it was said they weren't chasing outright speed. It does handle good though. I've had success with it. That was after R1600Turbo recommended adjusting BB to the rear. Transformed the car for me.

I've won at Dragon Trail in FIA and exceptional at Sardegna. Competitive at Monza in the Daily races. Not as frugal as the Atenza, but it performed as I asked it to.
Anyway, I feel it's not garbage. Just another choice in GT3.

Oh... and the cockpit view is one of the best in terms of info provided with HUD off. I guess its realistic, that we can't see the passenger side outboard mirror. The rear view camera is a godsend.

I'm not sure who's out there saying it's great?
Considering its almost ‘celebrity status’ in Gran Turismo(Last update car till now, got its own trailer, had an exclusive livery contest AND a time trial, appeared in majority of the GT7 trailer) I did think it would be one if the best cars in the game.

I’m surprised it doesn’t perform better given all the hype that surrounded it but I enjoyed making liveries for it. Personally think the long bonnet is a nice feature, much like the Merc.
Exactly! The long bonnet is fine, just a bit too much in the top view.

Telling that a gr.3 car in GT Sport is good or bad is very subjective.

I can't tell if it is a better car than others but what I know is that the RX Vision gt3 is the one I've driven the fastest round the Nordschleife without BOP or tuning of any sort.

It is well balance for a front engined car and efficient on any track.

The only trouble I have with it is that there are not enough bass rattles in the engine's sound.

Considering its almost ‘celebrity status’ in Gran Turismo(Last update car till now, got its own trailer, had an exclusive livery contest AND a time trial, appeared in majority of the GT7 trailer) I did think it would be one if the best cars in the game.

Exactly! The long bonnet is fine, just a bit too much in the top view.
I don't think it's "overrated" in the slightest. We kick up a huge fuss over any new race car - I remember the F1GTR arriving, that was a whole week of "this car is the UNBEATABLE NEW META" but I don't think anyone ever said that about the RXV.

If anything I recall people being somewhat underwhelmed especially by its nervous back end. Spa was the first track it got real running on and boy, can she punish you around there.

It's gorgeous, it handles nicely and it's a rotary Mazda in gr.3. that's all it needs to not be "a piece of trash".

Somewhere along the line you have confused "I don't get along with this car" with "Everyone loves this car except me and it's actually ****". Subtle difference...

How can I delete patch 1.60?

The game needs an internet connection (to PD) to save progress and I think you need the latest version of the game to do the same.

There was a workaround in GT6 with a fresh game install and updating one patch at a time but I wouldn't recommend it if it breaks the saves in GTS.

The game needs an internet connection (to PD) to save progress and I think you need the latest version of the game to do the same.

There was a workaround in GT6 with a fresh game install and updating one patch at a time but I wouldn't recommend it if it breaks the saves in GTS.

Just kidding: bought the car, heard the 🤬 screaming kitten engine, sold it already.

Well, in the context of the game that’s kind of the sound it’s supposed to have. It’s a rotary engine after all, so the pre-patch version was just all kinds of wrong.

Just a subjective opinion on the sound. Rotary's sound great for the first few minutes but I have to turn the volume down a lot after that. They're a bit too high pitched for my liking.

I honestly think that the manufacturers have very little to no input on the way the cars drive. They just let PD 'wing it'.

As long as the cars perform sort of close to how PD thinks they should perform then who cares.

In my opinion, it's one of the most fun cars I've ever driven in this class, but I am bad at racing it.
It is a great car to drive, but not my most consistent one to be sure.

Just a subjective opinion on the sound. Rotary's sound great for the first few minutes but I have to turn the volume down a lot after that. They're a bit too high pitched for my liking.

I love rotary sounds and the 787B but i have to turn my headphones down to half of what i use for other Group C cars at Le Mans. The RX is more tolerable but they both could use some tweaking. Im part of the crowd that wants to choose which audio they use. Bumper Cam + Cockpit Audio would be so nice. When you hear just the engine tone and nothing else it can just drone on. The cockpit sound adds alot of depth imo.

Back