the same happened with GT-sport

• Thread starter ekhlious
  • 9 comments
United States
United States
I consider myself as a big fan of the game I have been playing it for years I want to talk about the latest update I just noticed & If anyone remember GT-sport there was a major update/patch a tire patch in the game that ruined all my tunes I remember that a tire model was added through this particular update & it was pretty much tire temps through the tire, it became more sensitive... before, when cornering, tires do not get affected by heat, but after, the longer you corner, the worst traction gets (too much heat due to extensive cornering, the tire cannot hold the heat so it needs to disperse somewhere, this is when the car “understeers” )
I feel like its the same scenario happening now with the latest update it just feels the same it's like a repeated pattern polyphony continue to make with each installment after one year or two in the game cycle they release such a patch/update ... & I find the game now less fun to play with a controller exactly as I felt with GT-Sport after the aforementioned update .. which is actually sucks for casual controller player as now I need a wheel to play the game right & not any wheel to get the feeling right & I cannot revert back to previous handling model.. did anyone get around this ?

I feel the exact same way. I had a lot of suspension tunes for a lot of cars and now its worth crap. Cars understeers and its not even fun anymore. i too use a controller and I'm a casual player so I don't feel like I need to spend the money on a wheel set up.

I Have been using controller eversince day one of GT. Yesterday i tried 6 laps around the ring, and can barely make it through. The latest update makes it more physical for your fingers, and so much more input and corrections are needed.

I don't like it.

The latest update makes it more physical for your fingers, and so much more input and corrections are needed.
I tried it with a controller and I enjoyed it for those very reasons. It forced me to be even more smooth, rather than rely on doing more micro-adjustments. I have the controller sensitivity set to ten.

Cars understeers and its not even fun anymore.
Which cars? Curious as I am also a causal controller player. I have only driven MR cars since the update (Gr2 and Gr4) and I have quite enjoyed driving them.

Which cars? Curious as I am also a causal controller player. I have only driven MR cars since the update (Gr2 and Gr4) and I have quite enjoyed driving them.
Well, I had a an Aston Martin DBR9 dialed in. It was perfect. I used it for everything. It was my bell cow for credit grinding. Now I cant even get around the track. After this, I haven't really tried the other cars because I got so frustrated over the new physics. I just don't know if I need a whole new set up or if this is what it is. I don't have the time or patience to keep "experimenting" with different set ups.

I have zero clue how you guys use the stick to steer. It is mind-bendingly sensitive. I tried pushing it upwards and just sort of gently rolling it but dear god, unplayable for me. Just unimaginably hard, no idea how you guys do it, none.
Well, I use the directional pad, not the stick. I have been doing that since GT5.

Well, I use the directional pad, not the stick. I have been doing that since GT5.
I've been using the dpad since 1997 or whatever it was but this change, this week, makes the dpad impossible. Car is all over the dang road. I got within half a pixel of an A+ DR with the Dpad and now, useless.

I have zero clue how you guys use the stick to steer.
You're having trouble because the placement of analog stick is incorrect on Sony controllers. I also had trouble getting used to the Dualsense analog stick after being a keyboard player for 20 years.

mI3XGWt.png

When you use #1 from the image to control the analog stick, your thumb is bent and it causes rapid and imprecise steering. If you place #3 on the analog stick, it mimics the thumb placement of an Xbox controller. This is how I had my thumb straight and was able to gently steer the cars. Either good luck on getting used to the analog stick or hope PD fixes the D-pad quickly. :)

I have zero clue how you guys use the stick to steer. It is mind-bendingly sensitive. I tried pushing it upwards and just sort of gently rolling it but dear god, unplayable for me. Just unimaginably hard, no idea how you guys do it, none.
I think this might be your problem, or at least part of it anyways. You don’t want to move the stick up or down at all, although sometimes it does happen a bit, which is part of why controller steering isn’t as easy as using a wheel IMO, but you really only want to go side to side, avoiding any up or down movement.

If you find it too sensitive overall, you can adjust controller/steering sensitivity and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Back