The self made touring car series *Now with Video*

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps3dan101
  • 21 comments
  • 1,378 views
Messages
1,380
United Kingdom
UK
Hi everyone,
Recentley me and a few mates have been racing to some rules i have made essentially a road car derived touring cars , it make seriously close racing and is real good fun . So i was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining us here are some rules.
Cheers Alex

Heres a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkKi6CA8dYI

Rules

300bhp limit

1000kg weight restriction ( cars can weigh no lower than 1000kg )

No Aero modifications

Racing Medium Tyres

Cars must be from the used car dealership (Meaning no premiums cars whatsoever)

Cars must be of a FF or FR drivetrain

Cars must have 4 doors or more

Cars must be road cars ( No purpose built ready made touring cars )

Penalties will be set to low , this will allow some touring car contact but no cheating

Tyre wear is set to none

The grid will be reversed based on previous result
 
Last edited:
There will be a session running at 8:30 GMT , i will post the room number up then ;)
 
So i cant wheedle my bespoilered, two-door avantime onto the grid then? Lol joke i'd really like to see this as a proper series.
 
Lol , yeah I'm hoping this series takes off as it is big fun ;)
 
The room crashed i think and my gt5 started to play up , but there should be a video tommorow of the super close racing that went on and the sorts of cars that should be used ;)
 
Probably a daft question but how do you go about finding an exact room number? I like the sound of this series; are their any other restrictions such as no driver aids? Hope not as modern saloons/touring cars have such devices ! :) Cool idea by the way 👍
 
I will post room numbers as and when the lobbies are running , if more people are interetsed ill have structured times. As for aids/assists there all turned off to make all drivers on the most level playing field possible ;)
 
You seriously think i did that on purpose? I would happily turn that setting off...
 
I'm interested in a sedan series. I've been looking for a place to race my Commodore against other sedans.

SRF off right?

I suggest going with a PP system instead of weight and power. It will allow a greater variety of cars to compete. 1000kg is pure racecar weight. Sedans are heavy and even with full lightening many will not get close to 1000kg. (The S2000 won't even get down to 1000kg) But a 1000kg car with 300hp and a 1200kg car with 350 (or whatever the PP allows) will be a great race.

Another suggestion. How about Racing Hard tires? I myself prefer Sport Soft for street cars racing but Racing Hard is pretty close to DOT slicks.
 
Last edited:
Nah the weights are fine, we ran cars with 1000kg, 1300kg and even 1700kg and all were very closely matched...
 
Actually weight does matter.

It matters, and it matters ALOT.

And you can doubt me if you like, but you SHOULD take the word of one of the GT Academy Top 32 finalists (congrats R1600Turbo, and good luck).

As I said I am interested in a sedan series but only if all sedans can compete on equal terms, either at the same hp/lb or same PP as the light cars.

And a series with no SRF. I'm not putting down those that use it, but I don't
 
Last edited:
We have just done a few more of these races, i did try a down graded commodore and it did seem slightly faster despite being one of the heaviest, however the vectra i also tried had the same bhp and a slightly lower weight and it was equally as fast.
 
We have just done a few more of these races, i did try a down graded commodore and it did seem slightly faster despite being one of the heaviest, however the vectra i also tried had the same bhp and a slightly lower weight and it was equally as fast.

Your weight limit is 1000kg. My point is in reference to that number. I don't wish to be rude, but there is no way a 1300kg car will run anywhere near as fast as a 1000kg car, both with 300hp and equal drivers. It simply isn't going to happen.

But I have no desire to argue, so good luck with your series. I'll keep looking for a sedan series to participate in.
 
It does depend on the tuning of the cars aswell , some cars may be light be have a poor chassis GT5 does give many cars highly diverse chassis ;)
 
Wow some guys flip without even understanding...
Basically, you don't have to reach 1000kg, it's just a limit
if you bring something a lot heavier and lose then thats your problem
 
let me see.i use V300 Vertex Aristo with 1600 kg 300bhp no restricted power vs an Acura CL 300bhp 1200/1300 kg... Im generally faster.. sorry but its down to tuning & skill
 
Your weight limit is 1000kg. My point is in reference to that number. I don't wish to be rude, but there is no way a 1300kg car will run anywhere near as fast as a 1000kg car, both with 300hp and equal drivers. It simply isn't going to happen.

But I have no desire to argue, so good luck with your series. I'll keep looking for a sedan series to participate in.

Each car uses its power differently.. FWD Polo Gti vs accord.. both 300bhp accord wins... it depends on engine & tuning
 
Back