The Shelby Series 2 is a thing! ...I'm just as surprised as you are.

• Thread starter CSMDuty11
  • 8 comments
Russian Federation
wocsoM
Shelby struck a deal with Wingard Motorsport, who happen to have bought leftover Series 1 components years ago, thus we'll be getting a Series 2 based on the Series 1.
Anyway, exterior-wise, meet the new boss.
Shelby-Series-2-roadster-1.jpg

Same as the old boss. Except the stripes have outlines! Among other things but as you can tell the stripes are the most important
Oh and the interior is different too, and as a fan of colored interiors,
Shelby-Series-2-roadster-2.jpg

It made me die a bit on the basis of it having the same problem as the 2017 CTR with an unpleasant looking material.
As for the engine it will apparently be able to support (something tells me we should pay attention to the specific wording) engines that will produce more than 800 HP. Again though, awfully specific wording about it although chances are, even in the lowest trim it'd have performance better than that of the Series 1, especially the NA one from back then.
Although if you are, on the very low off-chance, someone who wants to, and can buy one, you better hope you invest quick, apparently it'll be limited to four models per year, except you'll apparently need to ask Wingard Motorsports to finish it.

Carscoops article that is pretty much an unabridged version of this with a few more details.

If I recall correctly those were just prototypes, this one seems like it might be produced.

Alternatively it'll be SSC all over again

SN95 gauges, A/C control dial from early 00s Ford and what looks to be a somewhat older gen pioneer display screen.

Talk about nostalgia

Wasn't it all Buick or Oldsmobile stuff in the interior? They definitely aren't SN95 gauges or any Ford switchgear from my memory. That stuff got dumped into different offerings from Panoz. :lol:

Wasn't it all Buick or Oldsmobile stuff in the interior? They definitely aren't SN95 gauges or any Ford switchgear from my memory. That stuff got dumped into different offerings from Panoz. :lol:

No it came from a Pontiac, it was a joke on how generic the car's inside looks and obviously dated to stuff from the era it came out of. I don't know why anyone would buy this unless they really like Shelby, or the late 90s look with Boss Hog undertones in the interior drives them wild.

Or to put it more simple as previously said...Nostalgia for the win!

Apart from what's going on on the side, I don't dislike the similar body and stripe shades with contrasting accent pinstriping. That interior, however, is all shades of awful.

Back