The Shield on FX

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tom M
  • 11 comments
  • 662 views
Messages
3,823
Is anyone else planning on watching this show (The Shield) On FX when it begins next week? I watch Mash and the Practice on FX and this is all they advertise lately (since the Superbowl actually) I'm not sure if I actually want to watch it, or if I've heard about it so many times that I am programmed to want to watch it. ;)
 
Yup, I want to see it BAD. Looks like my kind of show!

Ever see "The Bad Lieutenant" with Harvey Keitel? That's what this show reminds me of.

Looks promising, I'm hoping it will be something different. The renegade cop/partner killed/captain threatening suspension bit, however dated, is still in use waaayyyy too much.
 
Well, I saw both episodes so far, and it sure is different.... I don't know If I really like the show though, it has some strong points, but it has some weak ones as well.
The main character (The Commish ;)) Is great in his role, but I don't know if I can watch a lowlife succeed week after week... :(
The detectives are the weak links on the show, and if the show is going to succeed, both of them have to go, as does the femal patrol officer. (Unless they vastly improve her story, or alter her character to fit her real life personality, because she isn't fitting into her role very well at all.)
But, it's got Cursing, nudity, and violence so I'll bet it lasts 10 years. :rolleyes:
 
I've seen both episodes, and I love this show!!!

The main guy (Commish, I knew I've seen him before) is an acting powerhouse....talk about the guy you love to hate. I think we all know someone like this cretin. I just love the way he interrogates!

Characters are still developing, but so far I like what I'm seeing. The interaction between characters is pretty good...especially between commish and the captain.

The ending of the latest episode (with the black patrolman) really threw me for a loop. Impressive. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
 
bump!

Still watching this one. I'm a little upset that sponsors (like Burger King) are pulling their ads by the crapload. I want to see this show stay on the air for a few seasons. It's very good, not just shock the viewer into watching like some shows...the characters have depth, and the acting is great.

I'm really pissed that companies are bowing to pressure from such places as www.onemillionmoms.com... there are disclaimers and waivers all over the screen before the show starts, plus it's on at 10PM for christ sakes. Finally someone out there is taking some risks and now the show's in jeopardy because a bunch of repressed white trash moms are upset.

Ugh.
 
hey i started renting the series out from blockbuster and all i could say is that mackey kicks ass
 
ive started renting the shield out from blockbuster and all i gotta say is that mackey kicks ass
 
I recently acquired seasons 1&2 and have been watching it non-stop. Great show. 👍

Edit: Whoa this thread is old.
 
you hafta admit though that the second half of the shild gets kinda boring with the mackey trying to keep his busts clean.
 
This the show with the Commish? I love that guy!
 
I used to keep up with the show in its first season. When the last season showed I didn't watch it much. Now that they've got that Detective Kavanaugh(played by Forrest Whitaker) trying to take out Mackey's and the team it's getting real interesting. That new female addition to the force is cute but hasn't been doing great at as an officer. She's got some drive but maybe she should've tried dispatch.
 
this is the greatest show on television and i could even say its on a neck and neck tie with rescue me. if those were the only two shows i had to watch, i would be content.
 
Back