The Sims 3 - PS3 & Wii Confirmed - March 19th Unveiling

• Thread starter Robin
  • 8 comments

Robin

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Im looking forward to this one as its the first to make a step on to next gen consoles. :)

I think it will look graphically excellent and could be well integrated into something like home (which is probably what it will look like! :lol:), im just hoping the first game doesn't come with nothing then 10 expansion packs follow! :yuck:

Oddly the 360 was not confirmed yet although its most likely as EA stuff tends to be total multiplatform..

A teaser site has launched with this image on it... the rough date at the moment for unveiling is March 19th the official article is below..

How do you think it will turn out or do you think the Sims thing has already gone on too long? With PS3 home do you even really need this?

Robin

26699685fp4.jpg

Gamespot
Sims 3 unveiling on March 19?

New EA teaser site promises further details about the next iteration of its megapopular life-sim series in two weeks.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot
Posted Mar 6, 2008 1:35 am GMT

In November 2006, Electronic Arts chief financial officer Warren Jenson revealed that The Sims 3 was in the works. Though he was reticent on details about the next iteration of the series--which is so popular one of EA's four divisions is devoted to it--he did say the franchise would eventually arrive on the Wii and PlayStation 3 consoles. The Sims' Wii debut, MySims, went on sale last September to mixed critical and commercial success. However, to date, no Sims games have appeared on either the PS3 or its archrival Xbox 360 console.

That, however, may soon change. After over a year under the radar, the Sims 3 has resurfaced courtesy of a teaser page on the EA-owned URL thesims3.ea.com. The site went live this week with an enigmatic splash page showing an emerald-green crystal with the numeral "3" next to it. Below it are the words "More information coming soon!*" and below that the date "*March 19."

What exactly is EA teasing? An ESRB "Rating Pending" logo is discreetly tucked at the bottom of the page seems to indicate it is indeed a single Sims 3 game. However, the company has not elaborated on whether said game will be a proper successor to the Sims 2, which was released on the PC in 2004 and adapted for the DS, Mac, GameCube, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, original Xbox, and Game Boy Advance the following year.

Sales-wise, the NPD Group reports the original Sims 2 has sold nearly 4.9 million copies on all platforms in the US, with the PC edition spawning 15 expansion and add-on packs. Other non-PC Sims 2 games included, The Sims 2: Pets and The Sims 2: Castaway. According to EA, nearly 100 million Sims games have been sold worldwide since the Will Wright-created series launched in 1999.

How do you think it will turn out or do you think the Sims thing has already gone on too long? With PS3 home do you even really need this?

Robin

I think that even with PS3 Home, I'd still want it, as I have been a fan of the series for a long while now, and I like having the whole customization thing with houses. (Home will just have set houses that you can change wall paper and put in furniture, not the actual building from the ground up)

I really hope that they add a community aspect, such as house exchange, character exchange, etc. Aswell as being able to upload pictures/movies/music into the game for your Sim family to use.

Looking forward to it and hopefully a must buy for me.

From,
Chris.

I would also like to see this come to the 360. I had fun playing the Sims on the PS2. My girlfriend has played all of them on the PC and the one or two they had on the PS2 and she really loves the series. There is a slight possibility I could be buying a PS3 next year depending on the BLue Ray situation so if it doenst come to the 360 then I could get it for the PS3.

Every Sims game I have ever played on a console sucked. I will be getting this for the PC though since I still play the Sims 2 quite often. There is also a huge mod community out there for the PC that you just can't get on the console version one. I think this is why I've played the game for so long.

They've thought of just about everything so I'll be curious to see what they come up with this time.

+1 with Joey. The console versions are terrible, usually due to the controls. But I'm glad this is coming out soon. I just uninstalled Sims 2 as I've become rather bored with it.

I use Sims 2 on the PC quite a bit, but it seems to crash my video drivers after a while. :ouch: I'll probably pick this up.

I hope it comes out on ps3 as well as 360 I have both I really think they should have split screen like the sims 2 on ps2+xbox I still play the sims on the 360 also they had better not make it so that u dont use the analogue stick to move your sim for me that was one of the reasons why the sims 2 was so good on xbox+ps2

I put a couple hours into Sims 3 this weekend and I LOVE it!!! Very fun and addictive. For those wondering about challenges, there are hundreds of challenges for this game and plenty of stuff to do.

I turned off the aging because it only took a few weeks for my sim to go from adult to elderly. So I loaded a previous save and then went to options and turned off the box for aging. Now I can take my time. I just went with 1 sim for now so I could get the hang of it. But you can control up to 6 at a time. I love how you can fix objects around the house that break. You can also tinker with them and upgrade them to self cleaning. His painting is level 3. I also built up his guitar playing to level 2 and now he can play for people in parks. Very fun game. :)

EDIT:
Got a promotion last night at work, and now my sim can fish! Each fish he catches is worth $5.00 and he can catch quite a few fish. He is a level 2 fisherman, level 4 guitar, and a level 7 handyman. I also bought an alarm system and a new tub for my house. Now his stats are starting to recover very fast which gives more time for everything else. I am trying to figure out how to make a garden but its just not working yet. I even had him read a garden book.

Last edited:
Back