The Slow Car Racing Series (SCRS)Draft 

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 15 comments
United States
N. Jessamine, KY
JMoney-689
Woodside689
I had the idea last week to hold a slow car race (<50hp) on the Nurburgring, but it was met with limited success. I thought it might be a better idea to start a slow car race series instead.

All races will be held at 4:00 pm EST each Sunday, unless otherwise noted. The lobby will be set up at 3:30 pm EST under the comment, "JMoney's Slow Race Series". The room password will be PM'ed to you after you enter the series.

Schedule:
Race 1: 4/20/14: Mazda Laguna Seca, 10 Laps
Race 2: 4/27/14: Silverstone, 8 Laps
Race 3: 5/4/14: Twin Ring Double-Race; Speedway, 10 Laps; Full Course, 8 Laps
Race 4: 5/11/14: Daytona Road Course, 8 Laps
Race 5: 5/17/14: Willow Springs Double-Race; Big Willow, 8 Laps; Streets of Willow Springs, 10 Laps
Race 6: 5/24/14: Sarthe 2013, 3 Laps
Race 7: 5/31/14: Nurburgring Double-Race; GP Circuit 8 Laps, Nordshleife 2 Laps
Race 8: 6/7/14: Finale: Fuji Speedway, 8 Laps

For each double-race at Motegi, Willow Springs and the Nurburgring, the two finishes will be averaged to find the overall finish, which will be worth double the normal point value.

Point System:
1st Place: 10 points
2nd Place: 9 points
3rd Place: 8 points
4th Place: 4 points
5th Place or lower: 3 points
DNF/DNS: -1 point

Rules:
1. Contact is allowed, but you cannot wreck other drivers intentionally, which includes forcing them off-track. You are allowed to rub, swerve and block, but not wreck. Think NASCAR rules.
2. You will be allowed to drive three different cars throughout the series with 50 horsepower or less, and with no nitrous. All other modifications and driving aids are allowed to be used.
3. You are excepted to enter the race lobby each Sunday before 4:00, when the race starts. I will not wait for participants.

Series Entry Form:

GTP Username:
PSN Username:
Car #1, color:
Car #2 (optional), color:
Car #3 (optional), color:

If another driver has already picked the same car and color as you, you cannot use the same color on your car; it must be different.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
I had the idea last week to hold a slow car race (<50hp) on the Nurburgring, but it was met with limited success. I thought it might be a better idea to start a slow car race series instead.

All races will be held at 2:30 pm EST each Sunday, unless otherwise noted. The lobby will be set up at 2:00 pm EST under the comment, JMoney's Slow Race Series. The room password will be PM'ed to you after you enter the series.

Schedule:
Race 1: 4/20/14: Mazda Laguna Seca, 10 Laps
Race 2: 4/27/14: Silverstone, 8 Laps
Race 3: 5/4/14: Twin Ring Double-Race; Speedway, 10 Laps; Full Course, 8 Laps
Race 4: 5/11/14: Daytona Road Course, 8 Laps
Race 5: 5/17/14: Willow Springs Double-Race; Big Willow, 8 Laps; Streets of Willow Springs, 10 Laps
Race 6: 5/24/14: Sarthe 2013, 3 Laps
Race 7: 5/31/14: Nurburgring Double-Race; GP Circuit 8 Laps, Nordshleife 2 Laps
Race 8: 6/7/14: Finale: Fuji Speedway, 8 Laps

For each double-race at Motegi, Willow Springs and the Nurburgring, the two finishes will be averaged to find the overall finish, which will be worth double the normal point value.

Point System:
1st Place: 10 points
2nd Place: 9 points
3rd Place: 8 points
4th Place: 4 points
5th Place or lower: 3 points
DNF/DNS: -1 point

Rules:
1. Contact is allowed, but you cannot wreck other drivers intentionally, which includes forcing them off-track. You are allowed to rub, swerve and block, but not wreck. Think NASCAR rules.
2. You will be allowed to drive three different cars throughout the series with 50 horsepower or less, and with no nitrous. All other modifications and driving aids are allowed to be used.
3. You are excepted to enter the race lobby each Sunday before 2:30, when the race starts. I will not wait for participants.

Series Entry Form:

GTP Username:
PSN Username:
Car #1, color:
Car #2 (optional), color:
Car #3 (optional), color:

If another driver has already picked the same car and color as you, you cannot use the same color on your car; it must be different.

Good Luck!
Can I use power limiter if my car has more than 50 HP? Anyways, I don't think 2:30 EST is a great idea. I have Classics at 17:00 GMT and STCC at 19:00 GMT.

It's better not joining on this championship. It will create conflicts with another series.

Remove this please. If you don't want to join, fine, but don't discourage others from joining before it even starts.

Remove this please. If you don't want to join, fine, but don't discourage others from joining before it even starts.
Is not because I don't want to join. Is because I have STCC at 19:00 GMT and if I would join it, it could create conflicts.

Can we please get more regulations posted on here? Like what the weight is, tire compounds, and how many spots are left, with the cars and colors they've chosen.

Can we please get more regulations posted on here? Like what the weight is, tire compounds, and how many spots are left, with the cars and colors they've chosen.

There are no other regulations other than horsepower and nitrous. Any tires and weight are usable. Nobody has joined yet, so all 16 spots are open.

I'll sign up when I get home in an hour or so, was looking for a series like this.

I have an idea of which cars I'm going to use but I'll have to test them first.

Actually, I have a bit of work to get done so I'll sign up later tonight if all goes well.

Last edited:
Back