FH3-2016-BMW-M2.jpg

2016 BMW M2 Coupé

365 hp
369 ft-lb
3450 lbs
2979 cc
69,000 Cr
A 723

Engine swaps: 6.2L Mercedes-Benz AMG M156 V8 (510 hp, 457 ft-lb)
Notable features: BMW street body parts

FH3-2010-Ford-Crown-Victoria-Police-Interceptor.jpg

2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

250 hp
297 ft-lb
4057 lbs
4606 cc
1,500 Cr
C 562

Engine swaps: 5.8L Ford "Trinity" Supercharged V8 (662 hp, 631 ft-lb)
Notable features: Police-spec bumper and roof/pillar accoutrements

FH3-2016-GTA-Spano.jpg

2016 GTA Spano

912 hp
899 ft-lb
3197 lbs
7990 cc
800,000 Cr
S2 927

Engine swaps: N/A
Notable features: N/A

FH3-1976-Jeep-CJ5-Renegade.jpg

1976 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade

151 hp
245 ft-lb
2271 lbs
4981 cc
20,000 Cr
D 333

Engine swaps: 6.2L Chevrolet LS3 V8 (415 hp, 415 ft-lb), 8.4L Dodge Viper V10 (640 hp, 600 ft-lb)
Notable features: Bull bar, spare removal, sidesteps + plastic arch removal, windshield lights. No lowering.

FH3-2000-Lotus-340R.jpg

2000 Lotus 340R

177 hp
126 ft-lb
1485 lbs
1796 cc
40,000 Cr
A 714

Engine swaps: 1.6L Turbo Rally I4 (300 hp, 332 ft-lb), 3.2L BMW S50B32 I6 (321hp, 258 ft-lb)
Notable features: front bumper removal, wing lip extension.

FH3-2016-Pagani-Huayra-BC.jpg

2016 Pagani Huayra BC

740 hp
737 ft-lb
2685 lbs
5980 cc
1,500,000 Cr
S2 970

Engine swaps: N/A
Notable features: N/A

Street parts for the M2? BMW Performance carbon lips? Or the bumpers from the 235i?

Anyone else have trouble downloading the pack? I'm a UE owner and see it as owned in the store, but they aren't appearing in game :confused:

Very nice additions to the game. I love the Renegade. I was going to buy the modern Jeep (wrangler?), but then this popped up and I just had to. Curiously enough, I had no idea there was a V8 Jeep. And... is that denim trim? I noticed it says Levi's on top of the Jeep logo.

The Crown Vic is an amazing addition as well. I went all black with 5-spoke chrome wheels, and added "Marauder" on the rear bumper. I love it!! I hope we get the 9th gen Impala sometime in the future.

I haven't tried the other cars. I guess the Huayra looks decent. I rather have the old Zonda C12 back though. The Lotus... meh. And the M2... I didn't even know that car existed, and I'm a BMW fan. Not interested either. I have enough with the E30, E36, E46, E92, E34, E28, 2002 and the M1. The only modern BMW I can tolerate in the game is the F10 M5.

Performance-wise, the game seems to run a bit better in all areas but Surfer's Paradise. I'm still getting permanent saving loops upon customizing/upgrading car...

Very nice additions to the game. I love the Renegade. I was going to buy the modern Jeep (wrangler?), but then this popped up and I just had to. Curiously enough, I had no idea there was a V8 Jeep. And... is that denim trim? I noticed it says Levi's on top of the Jeep logo.
Jeep was owned by AMC from 1970 until Chrysler bought out AMC in 1988. AMC straight-6 engines of one form or another were used in Jeeps from 1972 all the way up until 2006. The AMC 304 V8 was used in the CJ-5 and CJ-7 from 1972 to 1980. It was a good engine. It powered the AMC Javelin to two SCCA Trans-Am championships in the early '70s.

The Levi's thing was used by Jeep and AMC in the 1970s. You could get a Levi's trim (including not just seats in Levi's denim but Levi's buttons everywhere, too) on all sorts of AMC vehicles from Jeeps to Gremlins to Hornets to Pacers. It was a very 1970s stylistic choice.

I didn't even know that car existed, and I'm a BMW fan.
That's surprising. I mean, it's closer to an oldschool M3 than either the current M3 or M4 :dopey:

I like it. But... After trying to take a picture of it yesterday, I gotta say it: It does looks a little hideous, doesn't it? :dunce:

That's surprising. I mean, it's closer to an oldschool M3 than either the current M3 or M4 :dopey:

I like it. But... After trying to take a picture of it yesterday, I gotta say it: It does looks a little hideous, doesn't it? :dunce:
It looks better in person! I was never a fan of it, but saw one driving down the road a few days ago and it's not bad. It's not pretty by any means, it's a very function over form vehicle, but calling it hideous is a bit mean IMO.

It looks better in person! I was never a fan of it, but saw one driving down the road a few days ago and it's not bad. It's not pretty by any means, it's a very function over form vehicle, but calling it hideous is a bit mean IMO.
Well, yeah, I am a bit of a meany, after all :sly:

But I agree, makes a whole lot of difference seeing a car in the metal. I've yet to warm up to the current BMW design, I suppose. To me, it feels so... Busy, for lack of a better word. The E81/82/87 1-Series and the E90/92 3-Series (and their respective M Versions) just seem a little more appealing to me with the simpler, more elegant (imho) lines :lol:

Oh my God the Crown Vic is so bad. It's fantastic :lol:

It sure makes a nice parking lot drift car. Keeping my first bone stock, but there'll be several in my garage at that low price with all sorts of variants.

If this is the first DLC for Forza Horizon 3, what are they going to include in those that will undoubtedly come out after the end of the Season Pass? I can't wait to find out!

Aston Martin's answer to Ferrari and McLaren's enthusiasm takes its name from the last, great British strategic bomber. It seems fitting that the cockpit of the Vulcan is so reminiscent of that of a jet plane - and the performance is up there, too. Two million dollars - or, in the case of this virtual recreation, one and a half million credits - get you a 800 hp V12 engine, obscene amounts of downforce, and the smug satisfaction of being the fastest guy at the private track meeting... In an Aston.
Am I the only one who finds it amusing that a car with such a humongous wing takes its name from a tailless plane, anyways?

Compared to the Vulcan, the Huayra BC is almost understated. But make no mistake: this car is Horacio Pagani's vision of what a supercar should be - a vision first expressed by the Lamborghini Countach QV - condensed in one beautiful package. Carbon fiber wings and exotic titanium leagues live right next to stitched leather hood straps and a cabin design that evokes images of a Swiss watchmaker working on the delicate internals of a 40k dollars wristwatch. Price is, again, exhorbitant - but luckily we can get a taste of this very expensive medicine for the soul for a... Still exhorbitant amount of virtual money.

Ahhh, the GTA Spano. It looks like it came straight out of a videogame populated by generic expy-supercars, and it's powered - like many other late-Noughties or early-Tenties supercars built in a shed by larger-than-life dreamers - by a relatively inexpensive American lump of iron, aided by twin turbochargers. And it's only available in a color that Lamborghini would consider excessive!
And yet the Spano strikes a chord with me. Perhaps, if the Huayra is closer in spirit to the original supercars of the 80s, the Spano is much more similar in execution: it's a Vector for the world after the Third Industrial Revolution, passion and a dose of folly given form. Bring in the Zenvo, now.

Look at that front spoiler. LOOK AT IT.
The year 2000 was a year of desperation for designers worldwide - many of the experimentations conduced during the 90s to produce an image for the new millenium had failed miserably; and yet they were so committed to the bulbous shapes and hard edges and weird form factors that they simply doubled down on their efforts. The 340R reminds me, in a way, of an Amstrad radio-CD player combo that I owned back them. Odd shapes and edges in dark gray and black.
The Lotus 2-Eleven - with its sensible styling and superbike-like liveries and overpowered Toyota engine - represents a much better execution of the "Elise-on-steroids-for-the-trackday-pro" concept. But it doesn't have the charm of the 340R - it doesn't represent the odd final product of a decade of awkward experimentation like this car. And besides, life is too short to not drive a car with a 180hp Rover K-series engine!

The M2 Coupé has to fill in some pretty big shoes - it is not only the direct heir of the much-acclaimed 1M, but also of a long tradition of rear-wheel-drive high performance BMW sedans that stretches all the way back to the 2002 Turbo. But for the sake of fairness, and brevity, I will only compare it with its immediate predecessor.
So, is it as good as the 1M? Well, it depends. What are you looking for? A car with endless amounts of grip that will never make you furrow your brow in concentration, no matter how much you're asking of the generous twin-turbo engine? Then, this is the car for you. But if you, like me, would rather have a Bimmer that's more focused on the joy of driving with a knife in your teeth than easily-accessible raw performance, you may want to turn your eye to the used car market - the M2's electronic power steering isn't as responsive as the 1M's hydraulic alternative, and there's something to be said about the beneficial effect sliding around in a bright orange BMW sedan has on the soul. You can't do that on BMW M's newest darling, and it's not just because of the much more limited range of color options.

Horizon 3 has managed, in such a short amount of time, to change my perception of offroading.
You have to admit, the community of mainstream offroad lovers can be offputting, with all the talks about mud-sliding and rock-climbing and challenges and extremes and lifted and blah blah blah. Why would I want to spend a significant amount of money and technical effort, only to assault at a snail's pace areas blissfully untouched by the work of man? I can have much more fun - and make my wallet scream less - by driving irresponsibly fast around a race track.
But Horizon 3 is showing me that there is a kinder, gentler side to offroading. That it doesn't have to be about aggression - that offroading can be a form of communion with nature that doesn't entail getting bug bites in embarassing places like camping does, or the risk of falling asleep face-first into a pond, like fishing. In a way an offroader is to a normal car what a helicopter is to an airplane: allowing you to get away from the beaten path, from the absurdities and the prescriptions of this world, and find peace while you set fire to a lot of dead dinosaurs.
This Jeep is the perfect addition to my stable of reality evaders - its rumbling V8, its open-space, denim-clad cockpit and its garish, early-80s color scheme all fill voids that a Bronco, a Defender and a Land Cruiser leave.
It's a bit sad that the Renegade nameplate was attached to a repackaged and warmed-over FIAT blandmobile that won't provide anybody with the kind of freedom that a CJ5 can afford you.

The Crown Victoria has finally come to the world of Forza - and despite it being the car from this pack that I've driven the most so far, I'm at a loss of words. The Crown Vic is a car so regular that it apparently fails to elicit any emotional response with me. So, I think I'll stop my ramblings here, and leave you to those of Mr. Regular (with a due warning for inappropriate language); which seem really fitting when all the community has jumped on the "police car" bandwagon in a matter of minutes.

Back