• 9 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy

The Very Best of Sonic Youth (1986 - 2006)

There is no 'best of' compilation for Sonic Youth, so I made my own. I hope you guys like it.

Sonic Youth were an experimental New York based band mixing Indie, Punk, Grunge & Alternative Rock,
injecting it with an unhealthy dose of expertly crafted discordant noise to create their own unique sound.

Last edited:
@TexRex - I totally agree!

kim-gordon-style.jpg

:drool:

Four months. That's a shame. It would be nice if there were others to keep the thread going.

Anyway, I'd sort of forgotten about this one but it just popped up on a playlist for me and I kinda dug it.

Language warning.

@Serge.D - Have you seen the video to Drunken Butterfly? I thnk it was made by a fan for a competition back in the early 90's, got deleted off YoTube...

@VBR I found this on Wikipedia :The video for Drunken Butterfly was directed by Stephen Hellweg,the winner of an MTV 120 Minutes contest in which fans were asked to send in videos for any song on Dirty.It featured puppets and dolls made up to look like Sonic Youth performing the son onstage.This video was featured in The Brothers Grunt episode ''if I Could Grunt to the Animals.''

Last edited:
@VBR I found this on Wikipedia :The video for Drunken Butterfly was directed by Stephen Hellweg,the winner of an MTV 120 Minutes contest in which fans were asked to send in videos for any song on Dirty.It featured puppets and dolls made up to look like Sonic Youth performing the son onstage.This video was featured in The Brothers Grunt episode ''if I Could Grunt to the Animals.''
Yeah, that was it. When the video was up on YouTube Stephen actually commented on it. Shame they took it down, it was in my playlist in the OP but I had to replace it. Great song, funny video!

Back