The Strangest Thing Happened

  • Thread starter Thread starter SlashesHat
  • 21 comments
  • 1,634 views
Messages
12
United States
United States
Messages
SlashesHat
While playing online yesterday I switched to my r34 and when I got on track I was driving a Mitsubishi Evo X. I dont even own one. I asked my friend and he said it could be because of shuffle racing but they dont even have that in gt6. I didnt think much of it other than a glitch and left the lobby. Then today I noticed in my garage when I went to switch to my Toyota GT86 that it said Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X but still had the picture of the Toyota next to it. I updated the car image and it seems Ive acquired someone elses fully upgraded and tuned Evo with 70 miles on it. This is crazy, how did this happen? my GT86 is totally gone, this could have happened to a really expensive car. What if I would have got a prius for an FFX. I couldnt find anyone that has had this problem.
IMG_2450.jpg
IMG_5256.jpg
 
Wow, well... this only proves further what kind of online-buggy mess this game is. I haven't seen anything like this before though. Maybe on the upside, you'll get an FXX for a prius? :lol:

I guess you being the only one reporting this, you could use it to your advantage. But knowing how it works is another level. Where you racing this Lancer Evo? Did you do something that might confuse the game? (Like leaving abruptly)
 
Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

We can't trade cars, but if your ps3/PD fancies it, it'll randomly swap a couple of cars about.

Would be hilarious if the guy with your gt86 is on here, about to post about his missing evo.

Very odd.
 
Wow, well... this only proves further what kind of online-buggy mess this game is. I haven't seen anything like this before though. Maybe on the upside, you'll get an FXX for a prius? :lol:

I guess you being the only one reporting this, you could use it to your advantage. But knowing how it works is another level. Where you racing this Lancer Evo? Did you do something that might confuse the game? (Like leaving abruptly)
I didnt do anything out of ordinary, no one in the lobby recognized the car. there were only a few people.
 
Lol that would be
Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

We can't trade cars, but if your ps3/PD fancies it, it'll randomly swap a couple of cars about.

Would be hilarious if the guy with your gt86 is on here, about to post about his missing evo.

Very odd.
Lol that would be funny. yeah I dont understand how this is possible if we cant even trade cars. playing online is a fuster cluck.
 
So that is where my evo got too.

Also, you can take back your cruddy GT86, I fell asleep driving it from boredom, crashed it into a wall and can't be bothered with the repair bill.
 
So that is where my evo got too.

Also, you can take back your cruddy GT86, I fell asleep driving it from boredom, crashed it into a wall and can't be bothered with the repair bill.
You are lying!
 
OMG you hakkerz are totally ruining the gaem.

This is quite interesting though, and funny. I've only ever seen people in a different car to what was listed in online lobbies, usually a car they drove earlier on, but never seen the game do it to your own car.

Sometimes when you enter a lobby, or a room's regulations change, it will come up with a totally random car as the current car that you're in. I guess when that happens, it's displaying the host's last driven car.

Do you think this happened and then you backed out of the lobby, which lead to you actually acquiring the host's car?
 
My "Strangest Thing Happened Today" note is along the lines (something or someone is screwing with us while we're racing online),,, but different :confused: Could it be PD? Hmmmmm?

Anyway,, we were racing the Aussie (HOLDEN) Ford at Panorama. Racing parameters were simply 700hp, no other limitations - a No Holds Barred race if you will. Paid the $1.1m for this sweet little hotrod, did a quickie tune and hit the Get on the Track button. As I'm leaving the pits I stand on it, hit the paddle to do a short - shift but nothing happened until the car was ready to shift. I'm hitting the paddles, turning the wheel yet nothing from my end is happening. The car is NOT IN MY CONTROL!! Now I'm confused and befuddled,,, "WHO'S DRIVING MY CAR?" I'm asking. No kidding folks, I sat there, arms at my sides,, in complete disbelief watching the Ford boogie around Panarama at a blistering pace, overtaking slower cars and hitting the corners like an F1 car and driver. I'm just sitting there, arms and hands at my sides watching the car run the course. I asked the others in the room if anyone else has ever seen this??? Nope,, not one of the others have seen or heard of this happening... Clicked the button to return to the pits,, did one adjustment to the suspension and hit the Get on the Track button. Same thing - someone or something is again driving the car other than myself!!! I and my buddy (he's using the binos) watched the car again bust off a blistering lap - a 1:55 or :56 if I remember correctly. Best I could run was a 2:01. Anyway, I finally hit the PS button, exited the room, exited the game and rebooted. Re entered the room and all was back to normal,, it was mine again and I was left to my own skills to negotiate Panorama. Have any of you EVER seen or heard of this happening?? .
 
I wasn't able to enter the track in a drift lobby, when my Fiat fit every regulation.

It literally said "You can not enter the track at this time."
 
I wasn't able to enter the track in a drift lobby, when my Fiat fit every regulation.

It literally said "You can not enter the track at this time."
Strange schtuff going on here huh!! :confused:
 
Strange schtuff going on here huh!! :confused:

Not as strange as the clearly unfinished SSR5, but I won't let that deter me from playing the game. I love it so far.
 
Talking about glitches. I got this up to this speed in a 330 in a online race at bathurst today. Wish i could do it more often...
 

Attachments

  • gt6 glitch.JPG
    gt6 glitch.JPG
    412 KB · Views: 3
I wish my Midgets turn into 330 P4s then I can sell them. MONEY GLITCH!!! :D
 
Last edited:
Not as strange as the clearly unfinished SSR5, but I won't let that deter me from playing the game. I love it so far.
What's unfinished? I've not run it (it's not a fav of mine) just curious what you mean.
 
What's unfinished? I've not run it (it's not a fav of mine) just curious what you mean.

Go around the track very slowly and look at the buildings and the ground outside of the track. Either they are there as a 2D model, or they aren't there AT ALL. On one part of the track by a left hairpin turn with green street lamps, look to the right before you go into the turn. Notice the giant lack of a building with a few glitchy columns and billboard* trees?

*Billboard sprites are objects that rotate to face you wherever you move. It's common in much older games, but rare for new ones with 3D models.
 
Actually, I had something similar happen with one of my cars yesterday... I got it out and it was an EVO, as well... In hindsight I probably should've taken closer notice, but weirdly its weirdness didn't really occur to me until I saw this post.
 
[...]
*Billboard sprites are objects that rotate to face you wherever you move. It's common in much older games, but rare for new ones with 3D models.

PD does this on most if not all tracks. All Autumn Ring trees for example behave like this. I can't answer for
unfinished structures at SSR5 though, wouldn't put it past PD anyhow. GT6 has been "evolving" as we go, so some stuff was just outright neglected at the start.
 
My "Strangest Thing Happened Today" note is along the lines (something or someone is screwing with us while we're racing online),,, but different :confused: Could it be PD? Hmmmmm?

Anyway,, we were racing the Aussie (HOLDEN) Ford at Panorama. Racing parameters were simply 700hp, no other limitations - a No Holds Barred race if you will. Paid the $1.1m for this sweet little hotrod, did a quickie tune and hit the Get on the Track button. As I'm leaving the pits I stand on it, hit the paddle to do a short - shift but nothing happened until the car was ready to shift. I'm hitting the paddles, turning the wheel yet nothing from my end is happening. The car is NOT IN MY CONTROL!! Now I'm confused and befuddled,,, "WHO'S DRIVING MY CAR?" I'm asking. No kidding folks, I sat there, arms at my sides,, in complete disbelief watching the Ford boogie around Panarama at a blistering pace, overtaking slower cars and hitting the corners like an F1 car and driver. I'm just sitting there, arms and hands at my sides watching the car run the course. I asked the others in the room if anyone else has ever seen this??? Nope,, not one of the others have seen or heard of this happening... Clicked the button to return to the pits,, did one adjustment to the suspension and hit the Get on the Track button. Same thing - someone or something is again driving the car other than myself!!! I and my buddy (he's using the binos) watched the car again bust off a blistering lap - a 1:55 or :56 if I remember correctly. Best I could run was a 2:01. Anyway, I finally hit the PS button, exited the room, exited the game and rebooted. Re entered the room and all was back to normal,, it was mine again and I was left to my own skills to negotiate Panorama. Have any of you EVER seen or heard of this happening?? .


So B-Spec has been released for GT6. That's good to know.
 
Same thing happened to me today,i picked the charger srt8 but when i came out of the pits i was in a 08 m5, a car i dont have.
 
Back