The things I ...

• Thread starter Eldeorn
  • 0 comments
Sweden
Gothenburg
...like:

GT6 is overall a good game, and an improvement when it comes to car physics and driving joy. The graphics department has improved too. All tracks looks good so far, unlike GT5 where some were just untouched imports from older games. Same thing with the cars.

Better options for music/jukebox. Great.

...dislike:

The rally. When compared to Dirt 3 for example, GT6's rally is not even close. It's like driving refridgerators without wheels. It does mix things up, so it's not a bad part of the game, but needs to be improved.

The go-karts. It's personal taste I guess, but I dont like driving them or being forced to go through with them to get all the career mode stars. Anything with automatic gearbox is quite boring actually, even though I know that the G-Karts serves a purpose of mixing things up so it's not all GT-racing. They are good racing practice, but since they have such a small role as a whole, they would be better off in seperate/optional events instead. Same thing with F1, if it's included in GT6 (I havent unlocked last 2 difficulties yet, so Im just guessing they are there).

Many engine sounds is in desperate need of updating and improvement. And bug fixing.

That music changes if I go tuning or buy a car, etc. Id much prefer if main menu music either continued, or paused and resumed until I was done in the sub menus.

...miss:

The ability to view history/best lap times of previous races on the track Im currently racing, before or after race is over.

The racing spec feature from GT5 where I could turn certain cars into racing spec model.

The artistic style of the GT5 "desktop" menu UI. It had more of a "car feel" to it. The new UI is not bad, but it's too clean and OS-like, and would fit better in a media center application.

The Gran Turismo TV. I loved that feature. Such a shame it's gone.

Camber tuning that works.

Used car dealership. It was a fun feature, much like a lottery. I loved looking for rare gems that sometimes popped up there after certain races.

...don't miss:

B-Spec. Good riddance. Only purpose it had besides giving me some needed car rewards, was to shorten the life span of my console.

Back