Intro: This is a little side quest I put myself on as I have been playing through the game. I can't even really explain why, as I am not a big FF fan. I suppose it's because I enjoy finding "hidden gems", and FF cars are the least used/talked about when it comes to true performance. So, I have spent entirely too much time and money buying and maxing out a lot of useless cars to do this. Since PD ultimately decides how much a particular car can be tuned up, you never know which car in the game might be a hidden monster unless you buy it and spend the cash on the parts. Sometimes even a different model year of essentially the same car can be tuned more than the other. For example, they let you put a turbo on the Honda Integra Type R (DC2) while you can't on the Acura Integra Type R (DC2). So you never know until you do it. I thought this would also be an interesting test of the Power Point system, as it seems puzzling at times. I have not had the time to test these cars against each other on the track. So anyway, here is the list of the top ten FF cars in the game. All cars are low mileage unless noted, and I serviced, overhauled, maxed them out, and added aero kits(but did not change the settings) as the game had available:
10. Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R '99:
417hp/261tq, 979kg, 527 Power Points. This car has 41,000 miles on it, but they are hard to find. It could be higher with lower mileage depending how much it would boost the power.
9. Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '95:
437hp/336tq, 1107kg, 528 Power Points.
8. Ford Focus ST '06:
422hp/359tq, 1186kg, 529 Power Points. This car is not broken in.
7. Honda Integra Type R Touring Car:
407hp/200tq, 1050kg, 531 Power Points.
6. Volvo C-30 R-Design '09:
426hp/409tq, 1186kg, 533 Power Points. This car is not broken in.
5. Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04 Race Modded:
390hp/237tq, 950kg, 535 Power Points. This car is not broken in.
4. Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03:
400hp/322tq, 970kg, 539 Power Points.
3. Ford Focus RS '02:
394hp/334tq, 893kg, 539 Power Points.
2. Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 Race Modded:
390hp/226tq, 845kg, 541 Power Points. This car is not broken in.
1. Dodge SRT4 '03:
613hp/634tq, 1124kg, 596 Power Points.
I thought there were some surprising cars that made the list. Now, I intend for this list to be evolving and eventually test the cars. Are there any cars I missed that could make the list? Mistakes I have made? Do you agree/disagree with the Power Point system? I would love to see some informed feedback.
10. Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R '99:
417hp/261tq, 979kg, 527 Power Points. This car has 41,000 miles on it, but they are hard to find. It could be higher with lower mileage depending how much it would boost the power.
9. Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '95:
437hp/336tq, 1107kg, 528 Power Points.
8. Ford Focus ST '06:
422hp/359tq, 1186kg, 529 Power Points. This car is not broken in.
7. Honda Integra Type R Touring Car:
407hp/200tq, 1050kg, 531 Power Points.
6. Volvo C-30 R-Design '09:
426hp/409tq, 1186kg, 533 Power Points. This car is not broken in.
5. Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04 Race Modded:
390hp/237tq, 950kg, 535 Power Points. This car is not broken in.
4. Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03:
400hp/322tq, 970kg, 539 Power Points.
3. Ford Focus RS '02:
394hp/334tq, 893kg, 539 Power Points.
2. Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 Race Modded:
390hp/226tq, 845kg, 541 Power Points. This car is not broken in.
1. Dodge SRT4 '03:
613hp/634tq, 1124kg, 596 Power Points.
I thought there were some surprising cars that made the list. Now, I intend for this list to be evolving and eventually test the cars. Are there any cars I missed that could make the list? Mistakes I have made? Do you agree/disagree with the Power Point system? I would love to see some informed feedback.
Last edited: