The Topgear -Beat the Stig- Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter jeffreypang911
  • 28 comments
  • 6,617 views
Messages
138
Is it just me, or have other people been trying to beat Stigs laptimes in Arcade mode?

Roll up before the start line going 1mph and off you go when the counter starts.

Ive done the Lamborghini LP560 and gotten the best of 1:19.1 after a few tries. bloody tough track. The stig did a 1:19.7

Anyone else try this? To unlock the topgear test track you need a gold in the first Type 2 event.

Jeff
 
Congratulations on beating the Stig's LP560 time.

It looks so easy on television. Then I tried it. I'm like the Stig's leftover genetic refuse rolled in suck topped with horrible with a side of crap. I do not see myself frequenting TGTT Leader Boards any time soon.

:grumpy:
 
Congratulations on beating the Stig's LP560 time.

It looks so easy on television. Then I tried it. I'm like the Stig's leftover genetic refuse rolled in suck topped with horrible with a side of crap. I do not see myself frequenting TGTT Leader Boards any time soon.

:grumpy:

if there was a post of the century sir, you'd get it. i honestly lol'd 👍👍
 
Congratulations on beating the Stig's LP560 time.

It looks so easy on television. Then I tried it. I'm like the Stig's leftover genetic refuse rolled in suck topped with horrible with a side of crap. I do not see myself frequenting TGTT Leader Boards any time soon.

:grumpy:

Priceless wit! I should so sig that.
 
How do I unlock the TG track? ,I've completed the Top Gear challenge but only won a Jaguar ,no track
 
What the heck is the third TG challenge?
 
Im stuck on the elise Top Gear challenge. its a tough one. So now Im doing the burg challenges...I love this game so much to do
 
Im stuck on the elise Top Gear challenge. its a tough one. So now Im doing the burg challenges...I love this game so much to do

It seriously difficult. I thought i was really getting the hang of it last night so thought i'd keep it nailed through the follow-through.

A huge off and lots of tyre smoke ensured.
 
Found another thing to add to my check list.
woot this game is such a blast.
 
Here's the data with the average speeds showing... this will be good fun!

People just need to remember to do their own standing start!
 
Is it just me, or have other people been trying to beat Stigs laptimes in Arcade mode?

Roll up before the start line going 1mph and off you go when the counter starts.

Ive done the Lamborghini LP560 and gotten the best of 1:19.1 after a few tries. bloody tough track. The stig did a 1:19.7

Anyone else try this? To unlock the topgear test track you need a gold in the first Type 2 event.

Jeff

Nice :) got a 1'19.2 Well happy all ready lol.
 
Im stuck on the elise Top Gear challenge. its a tough one. So now Im doing the burg challenges...I love this game so much to do

Yeah, that one wasn't easy. Still haven't achieved Gold there :grumpy:

BTW, here's a link to FASTESTLAPS. They've got two more records that didn't made it on Topgear's official list (the Caparo because it can't handle a roadbump, and the Ultima … well … the Ultima for no reason whatsoever! Why won't they run a Stig lap of it? Silly TopGear!)

P.S.: And the 1:12 isn't on slicks … on slicks it managed a 1:09.9 (see here)
rec10-3.jpg

Ultima: "The successful lap record attempt was independently timed, verified and recorded by Plans Motorsport using their GPS DL-1 data logging equipment. It wasn't a test conducted by Top Gear TV themselves as the producers have seemingly ignored repeated requests to feature the British Ultima GTR to date."
 
Last edited:
It seriously difficult. I thought i was really getting the hang of it last night so thought i'd keep it nailed through the follow-through.

A huge off and lots of tyre smoke ensured.

Seriously difficult is an understatement. That Elise wants to oversteer like nothing I've driven in the game yet. I think that I've only completed one full lap in the 20 or so times I've attempted it.
 
Seriously difficult is an understatement. That Elise wants to oversteer like nothing I've driven in the game yet. I think that I've only completed one full lap in the 20 or so times I've attempted it.

I've driven an Elise in real life twice, and it wasn't as tail-happy as the one in this test (MKI, no 111R, but still).
 
I slaved away on that Elise challenge for a good 45 minutes last night trying to get gold. It's definitely very disqualification-happy; touching the grass, touching a cone, touching a car, "cutting" the exit of the follow-through etc.

I overtake 11th (grey) into turn 1, I then get past 3 and up to 8th by the exit of Chicago. I then go down the outside of 7th/6th/5th into the hammerhead and exit it just ahead of the British racing green Elise. I follow 4th through the follow-through and go around the outside of him under braking into Bacharach. I got my nose up the inside of the light blue elise into gambon and ran alongside him across the line with a high 1:27 on the first lap, and completed the pass into Turn 1. The orange elise I catch and pass in the braking zone for hammerhead but the leader is normally quite a way ahead. I caught the red elise in Bacharach but they're very slow through there and it's hard to make a clean pass. I hung back, stayed in 3rd gear and went up the inside into Gambon and won the race by 0.047s.

I'm running a G27, manual, no TCS or Skid Control, but '1' ABS.
 
@AJMiles
Well done sir. I go spinning off in smoke once I get up to about 5th...the boundaries are a little unforgiving and holy the car goes sideways anytime it's moving.
 
LP560 in Arcade Time Trial on the TG Track, 1MPH Rolling Start, default Sports->Hard tyres and all assists off (except ABS on 1).

1:18.067

There's time to come off that, I reckon low an easy 0.2 or so, so many corners have time to make up, especially the one before Gambon.

The car handles really well, a little to much traction at times, but the right amount of response when sliding..

:)
 
Should we not get an extended leaderboard, maybe the people that created the databases for WRS or the GTRP online events can help.
Best is if they put online boards on and www.granturismostats.com = Tchak can help us.

Stig / Official car / time,

PSN / equivalent GT5 car / time
 
Hmm I'm a huge Top Gear fan but I don't recall the 1 mph rolling start. Is there a reason this needs to be done within the game to start the counter or something? Sorry I don't have the game yet - stupid EBGames/Sony messed up on my PRE-ORDER and I won't have it until Monday.
 
LP560 in Arcade Time Trial on the TG Track, 1MPH Rolling Start, default Sports->Hard tyres and all assists off (except ABS on 1).

1:18.067

There's time to come off that, I reckon low an easy 0.2 or so, so many corners have time to make up, especially the one before Gambon.

The car handles really well, a little to much traction at times, but the right amount of response when sliding..

:)


Are you guys using the chrome line car? I thought it was tuned above the stock model....
 
This is exactly why I was so excited to see that the TG test track was in the game. Good to know I'm not the only one! :)
 
i could beat the stig.......with countless hours of trying
 
Are you guys using the chrome line car? I thought it was tuned above the stock model....

I only have the standard version of GT5, the LP560 Gallardo is in the Arcade standard list of cars.

It's going to be impossible to enforce unless PD get some leaderboards going and allow 1 lap standing start time trials to occur, because despite spending ages faffing around to ensure I'm doing 1MPH well before the line, and nailing it only when the lap time resets, it seems to have cropped the start a little, the data logger shows 5mph as the initial speed, which I know isn't correct (I'm not defending that time, it's easily beatable), more for reference, and it doesn't indicate assists used etc, and you can defo go quicker using them!

In fact, in the interests of 'science' I exported the replay, and zipped it up and attached it to this post.
You need to unzip the contents onto a USB Stick, pop it in your PS3, then using the Game Data Utility, select the USB Stick and the GT5 replay data and 'copy' it..
Then go into GT5, into the replay theatre, and import it..

:)
 

Attachments

Back