The truth about the GT Car Wash is...?

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 17 comments
United States
U.S.A.
Your guess is as good as mine, but I’ve read through out the various GT series that the car wash basically does nothing other than make the car more shiny. I haven’t really noticed the difference in shine to be honest, but I have noticed in many instances the car suspension and brakes seems to handle better right after a wash. Maybe I’m the only one or ?

Car wash is when you don't care about the rigidity of your car but do care about how it looks. :D
Well, this is why I never noticed what it does in GT6, because I restore the body rigidity.
In Gran Turismo 5 it was different, you got a dirty car quick.

I noticed after 1200km my Huayra have a bit of a white-ish effect toward the bottom. However the effect only showed when I or B-Spec bob was driving it, and never showed in the garage or GT Auto menus. Not even the car wash menu funny enough.

I noticed after 1200km my Huayra have a bit of a white-ish effect toward the bottom. However the effect only showed when I or B-Spec bob was driving it, and never showed in the garage or GT Auto menus. Not even the car wash menu funny enough.
The dirt effects only show while the car is being used and shown during the race, not when it is viewed in the menu.

You have to wash you car because a dirty car will only slow you down and nice clean car you will make you go faster.

See, I would think this might only be true at very high speeds, such as around Special Stage Route X for instance. Because a car with cleaned & polished bodywork is going to have a very slightly better aerodynamic profile. Around most tracks, this very slight increase of aerodynamic drag isn't going to make any difference, though.

The ultimate test would be to actually drive a dirty, high-powered car around Test Track X. Then do the same drive after Car Wash has been performed. I'd do this, but so far I don't have anything worthy of a drive around SSX.

The only game so far in which I've noticed dirty cars REALLY looking dirty is the original GT. I have an '88 Silvia in that game which looks as though scratching your fingernails on its bodywork will make an annoying SCREEEE sound. :D

See, I would think this might only be true at very high speeds, such as around Special Stage Route X for instance. Because a car with cleaned & polished bodywork is going to have a very slightly better aerodynamic profile. Around most tracks, this very slight increase of aerodynamic drag isn't going to make any difference, though.

The ultimate test would be to actually drive a dirty, high-powered car around Test Track X. Then do the same drive after Car Wash has been performed. I'd do this, but so far I don't have anything worthy of a drive around SSX.

The only game so far in which I've noticed dirty cars REALLY looking dirty is the original GT. I have an '88 Silvia in that game which looks as though scratching your fingernails on its bodywork will make an annoying SCREEEE sound. :D
Dirt probably adds some teeny weeny weight to cars so that's why if they're fully washed, they can go faster.

Back