The Tuned Corvette & Viper Challenge at Suzuka 700pp | xx:05 / :35

• Thread starter EL_ZISSOU
  • 14 comments
EL_ZISSOU
The Tuned Corvette & Viper Challenge

at Suzuka 700pp
x:05 | x:35

Tired of seeing the same few cars filling the grids at Suzuka 700pp? We've got a couple of weeks left and this event may offer a chance to get us interested again.

corvette-cr6-flying-over-the-race-track.jpg

2010-dodge-viper-srt10-acr-x-221.jpg

Japanese-Grand-Prix-Circuit-Map-2010.jpg

Race Details:

• Mode: Online Event :Expert Class PP 700 / PRO
  • Game Spec: SpecIII
  • Physics: Professional
  • Track: Suzuka
  • Car: Tuned Corvette or Tuned Viper

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • The yellow line is the track boundary, any part past the yellow line (asphalt or not) is not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind, God will strike you down with a bolt of lightning if you do
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Clutch is prohibited

Race chat:

Lap times and replays:

See you on the track! :cheers:

KimJong-TeamAmerica.jpg

Last edited:
its a shame you dont like fellow racers using there clutch ,i dont see where the problem lies when the people not using clutch are quicker, maybe more people might show up.

its a shame you dont like fellow racers using there clutch ,i dont see where the problem lies when the people not using clutch are quicker, maybe more people might show up.

And the people that are slower? You have to think of them to ;) Its just the easiest way to give everyone some what a level playing field.

I don't know exactly what is the difference between use or not use the clutch, maybe 0.5 seconds?
I think if the game allow use the clutch, why not use it? probably other drivers are using the clutch to be faster than you, that is to say, you are racing with a disadvantage because you want.

And the people that are slower? You have to think of them to ;) Its just the easiest way to give everyone some what a level playing field.

You are very considerate thinking in the slow people, but races, like life is not fair, for example, if you want to race against me in level playing field, you should reduce 50 performance points (is a supposition), and that's not fair.

You are very considerate thinking in the slow people, but races, like life is not fair, for example, if you want to race against me in level playing field, you should reduce 50 performance points (is a supposition), and that's not fair.

Life isnt fair, we all know that :grumpy: but why cant we organise races where the only handicap is talent? We all expect clean and fair race craft, and it seems unfair for fortunate people to gain an advantage. I agree that using a DS3 or DFGT is a choice, but some people genuinely cant afford a G27/25 etc. Like tortise said, its just a way to level the playing field :)

Besides there are plenty of other racers out there, peoples dont have to join these events. Be a shame if people stopped GTP'ing though. I think our racers are the cleanest and fairest out there.

Anyway, i'm in like flynn. lol :lol: kitty got wet

I hope no I pray that somebody wants to do this event tonight.... Please lets go racing YEAH.

I will give it another go this evening (Pacific time, never bothered to figure out Greenwich Mean Time; but did read about the Earl of Sandwich :):lol:

Talk about complicated :crazy:

The UK is ONLY on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
until: 01:00 GMT Sunday 28 March 2010

UK Summer or Daylight Saving Time
UK clocks are on British Summer Time (BST)
until: Sunday 31 October 2010 01:00 GMT

💡 How many GTP_ers are on the Pacific as I am more likely to race at decent hours with them?

Hey guys, I might give this a shot tonight as well, but if there isn't much participation I may try running on the 00 30 schedule :)

I'll be checking out both; looking forward to racing with the President of North Korea :) (Homer vs. Kim Jong-il (did I get that right?) :):)

💡 How many GTP_ers are on the Pacific as I am more likely to race at decent hours with them?

I'm on Pacific time, but I have yet to meet up with you on the track for some reason.:confused:
I've been trying to get on earlier (5-7pm) to catch some of the Eastern racers, it gets pretty dead later than that.

Weekdays I jump on between 5-7 p.m. and sometimes later 8-10 p.m.

Of course if I am sick I 'm available to race all day :dopey::lol:

Weekends in the mornings 9-11 a.m., or afternoons 1-4 p.m. and evenings 7-10 p.m.

All, depends on weather outside and family activities.

Be nice to race some 'local' drivers!

Hi 'Liz'

Yes I did see you and egghead and twistybits for one race.

I think drivers are waiting for the next online update Wednesday

Back