The Tuner Car Thread

Nissan Onevia

11504960295_a1ac7ae0fd_o.png

Doesn't it mean "learner driver" in Japan though? Never understood why it's used so much to portray JDM.

'Onevia' is the name given to S13 Silvias with 180SX front ends. It started when drifters needed to repair their cars and bought whatever bumpers and headlights they could get their hands on that fitted. After that, the nickname just stuck.

The same applies to Sileightys (which became popular enough for Nissan to make actual models in small numbers, hence its inclusion in the game), only it's the opposite idea; those are 180SXs with Silvia front ends put on them.

'Onevia' is the name given to S13 Silvias with 180SX front ends. It started when drifters needed to repair their cars and bought whatever bumpers and headlights they could get their hands on that fitted. After that, the nickname just stuck.

The same applies to Sileightys (which became popular enough for Nissan to make actual models in small numbers, hence its inclusion in the game), only it's the opposite idea; those are 180SXs with Silvia front ends put on them.

Oooops, I thought he was referring to this:

sticker,375x360.u1.png

Which was in the window.

My bad, carry on. 👍

Ah, that's my mistake, not yours. I thought you were confused by Onevia. You were right, that does mean learner driver.

I guess it's popular because it's part of Japanese car culture and having knowledge of that and displaying it on your car even when you're not a learner driver is ironic in some way?

I don't know, JDM car culture has unique mods that don't make much sense. It wouldn't make sense for someone overseas to stick an L-plate onto a modified British car or a P-plate onto an Australian car for no reason other than styling, yet with Japanese cars, it gets you noticed and 'cred'. Weird. That said, most forums for Japanese cars and what not seem to dislike them now. I recall seeing a Silvia on a forum with a majority of people in the thread saying "nice car, but take that JDM sticker off" or some variation.

Back