The Two Player Battle Thread...

  • Thread starter Thread starter VQuick
  • 14 comments
  • 856 views
Messages
763
How have you guys been doing in 2p mode? I've had mixed results.

Me: Full-tune Opera S2000, 474hp, Sport Soft Tires.
Opponent: Full-Tune Lotus Esprit V8, 860-ish hp with a 65-shot of nitrous, Stage 3 Lightweight, Sport Soft Tires.
Location: Trial Mountain
Result: I lost by two seconds, due to an untimely ramming before the main straight on the final lap. :grumpy: That's what I get for racing a 10 year old who doesn't know about car control. This kid also lost a 1pt A-Apec race on Rally Umbria Easy with this car on Race Super Soft Tires...by 30 seconds. :crazy:

The following are against the same guy:
Me: MR Spyder, 190hp, Sport Soft Tires.
Opponent: S15 Silvia Spec-R, 348hp, Sport Soft Tires.
Location: Nurburgring Norschleife
Result: I won. Can't remember the margin of victory, since it was a couple weeks ago.

Me: RX-7 Spirit R Type A, 383hp, Sport Soft Tires.
Opponent: Supra RZ, ~550hp, Sport Soft Tires.
Location: Laguna Seca.
Result: Another big win for me. I felt kinda bad, because the Supra had tons of wheelspin, and because I had tuned it. :guilty:

Me: NSX Type R Concept, 343hp, Stage 1 Lightweight, Sport Soft Tires.
Opponent: RX-7 Spirit R Type A, 496hp, Stage 3 Lightweight, Sport Soft Tires.
Location: Nurburgring Norschleife
Result: What was I thinking??? Since my car lacked a wing, it didn't even match the setup I was trying to use for it. Needless to say, I lost. Didn't get to finish, but the lead margin was 50 seconds at the last checkpoint. :yuck:

*Rematch after tuning my car*
Me: NSX Type R Concept, 485hp, Stage 3 Lightweight, Sport Soft Tires.
Opponent: RX-7 Spirit R Type A, 496hp, Stage 3 Lightweight, Sport Soft Tires.
Location: Nurburgring Norschleife
Result: I lost again, but only by a few seconds. I actually had the lead for a bit this time. The 30lb-ft advantage and shorter gearing of the FD3S kept it ahead most of the time, not to mention the fact that my friend is pretty much a one trick pony on the 'Ring. Nevertheless, my friend said I scared him a few times, especially on the final section where I topped out at 193mph vs his 164mph. :sly:

Me: Full-tune Opera S2000, 474hp, Sport Soft Tires.
Opponent: RX-7 Spirit R Type A, 496hp, Stage 3 Lightweight, Sport Soft Tires.
Location: Costa Di Amalfi
Result: I owned this one, winning by a good seven seconds. Due to testing setups there and then selling the prize car to make money, I knew this place pretty well. The hairpin after the downhill section gave my friend trouble, and he messed up pretty bad on the second lap.


I'm working on trying to tune a car that will beat my friend's RX-7 Spirit R Type A, since it seems that's all he will use now. I have an RX-7 Type R Bathhurst R that should beat him(it lapped faster than his car at Tsukuba, and weighs less), but I wanted something more original. I also wanted something that would still offer a challenge too. With a power to weight of ~2.176, the Spirit R is hard to beat.

I tried tuning a Ginetta G4, but I just can't get enough traction to the rear.
I do have a couple Evo VIIIs that should do the trick, a GSR and MR. They're pretty much tuned all the way though, so it feels a bit like cheating. It sure is hard finding/tuning a car that can be balanced on Sport tires. :guilty:
 
I don't really have anyone to play with. True, my brother is around a lot now that it's school holidays, but he has a tendency to cheat by taking shortcuts (read: what's a chicane?) ...
 
Me and a couple of mates get together all the time and play two player - at least once a week. We just choose whatever tracks and cars take our fancy. Recently we've tried setting fast ghost laps then having each other beat them, or a knockout type of thing, but mostly its just driving around having fun. Often one player might take a standard road car up against a full tuned race car, but it's all fun.

The drift comps are always fun too, but harder in arcade mode than in GT... :grumpy:

The only safe way to drink and drive... :)
 
Sounds like you guys know how to have fun too. I was just thinking of trying the 'beat my ghost' thing.

Another race on Monday.
Me: RX-7 Type R Bathurst R, 500hp, Stage 3 Lightweight, Sport Soft Tires.
Opponent: RX-7 Spirit R Type A, 496hp, Stage 3 Lightweight, Sport Soft Tires.
Location: Nurburgring Norschleife
Result: My car had a roll cage, and otherwise I followed the setup to the letter. The understeer was annoying while tuning the car, but it worked just fine in in 2P mode. I kept my gears short to match my friend's Spirit R, and it was just a matter of who had the better entry speed onto the long straights at the end. I made sure I was the one by being a bit more conservative. I just barely edged him out. It was funny with both of us bouncing off the rev limiters side-by-side. I had a Stage 5 turbo while my friend had a Stage 3. I thought there would be a big difference in powerbands, but I guess that wasn't the case.

Me: RX-7 Type R Bathurst R, 500hp, Stage 3 Lightweight, Sport Soft Tires.
Opponent: RX-7 Spirit R Type A, 496hp, Stage 3 Lightweight, Sport Soft Tires.
Location: Tsukuba
Result: I won. I knew this track much better. Probably because I watch Best Motoring so much.hehe

I finally got my friend out of the FD3S Tuesday.

Me: Evo III, 482hp, Stage 3 Lightweight, Sport Soft Tires.
Opponent: Evo III, 482hp, Stage 3 Lightweight, Sport Soft Tires.
Location: Nurburgring Norschleife
Result: We both used the same setup. While it was really for an Evo IV, it still worked okay. Only thing is, my friend didn't put a wing on like the setup instructed. I think I had taller gearing too, which helped me win.

I tuned an R32 GT-R yesterday. It prompted my friend to build up a NISMO R32 GT-R S-Tune. While I have a Stage 5 turbo and no other power mods, he's got a Stage 3 and everything else. We used the same setup(actually R32 N1 V-Spec) for both cars, so powerbands aside, it should be a driver's race.
 
Everyone I know sucks at GT4, or complains its too hard :(
They're so bad, I like time trial more than 2-player race mode. I mean, time trial is actually pretty cool setting new times on certain tracks, but lets get serious... that's pretty sad
 
I just play by myself or my 10 year old cousin (who is mighty good) sometimes.
 
I only know a few people who play GT4.
1. The 10 year old I mentioned earlier. I do not plan on racing him again if I can help it.
2. The 10 year old's 16 year old brother. I haven't driven against him yet, but he doesn't know how to drive a real car yet, and says the game is hard.
3. A 23 year old that lives pretty far away from me. He's probably pretty good. Haven't raced him yet. I never got to race him in GT3 either.
4. The 19 year old I've had most of my races with. I raced him in GT3 all the time, too. I actually got my copy of GT4 from him. He comes over to practice all the time, since he got rid of his PS2.
5. A 22 year old. I never raced against him. He's got a baby, but hopefully we can get some time to battle.
6. The 22 year old's best friend who is one year older. Never raced him. I don't know what he's been doing with the game, but I want to get together with him, too.

I plan on introducing a few more people as well. They don't have PS2s or GT4, but they can come over and practice if they want.
 
tubago
Where did you get the stage 5? I only know the stage 4
Stage 5 is only for grabs in the tuning village.

I use to play my 6yo son, me in some crappy car, he usually picks the Minolta or the Sauber Mercedes. I always win at the ring, no matter what car I choose (almost.... I lost with the Fiat 500...) but he always wins at the speedway ring......
 
wow, you can beat a 6 year old....you must be good.
i can beat my dog when im in the subaru 360 and she is in the falken GTR.., she just sits there pressing all the buttons.
(i have to choose her car tho)
actually my aibo can even beat my (organic)dog.
WOW!
 
SUROKIA
wow, you can beat a 6 year old....you must be good.
i can beat my dog when im in the subaru 360 and she is in the falken GTR.., she just sits there pressing all the buttons.
(i have to choose her car tho)
actually my aibo can even beat my (organic)dog.
WOW!

You clearly get to much sun there "down under". Watch out for those melanomas! Yeah, you thought I was a braggin'... Well my bloke at the age of mere 6yo plays a lot of GT4 and has so far, (on his own mem-card), got bronze and quite a few silvers on national B an A Licences. I just said that I've had lots of fun racing him, but that we have to adjust cars according to the track. And since I own the ring, It's got to be in the subaru or it's likes.

btw, I'd just luvvvv to race ur doggie. crap.....
 
I go to arcade mode have my garage, my wifes has her garage, we choose the races choose the cars from our garage but once we select the they are no longer tuned. Where did I turn wrong? Give me some driving directions or send me to a thread where I can find more help? Thanks everyone.
 
I would love a wife who played GT4 with me... thats awesome. By the way, you can't race arcade mode with your unique simulation mode tuning. Also, just thought I'd throw this in, arcade mode's physics aren't as realistic as simulation mode's.
 
koolkidz4
I go to arcade mode have my garage, my wifes has her garage, we choose the races choose the cars from our garage but once we select the they are no longer tuned. Where did I turn wrong? Give me some driving directions or send me to a thread where I can find more help? Thanks everyone.

The cars are still tuned. When you select your cars from the garage screen, the true power rating is shown. When both players are finished, the game shows only the stock figures.
 
Back