The Ultimate Audi

  • Thread starter Thread starter mPWRD
  • 28 comments
  • 5,913 views
Messages
924
No one's taken this one yet... so... any picks, people?

I'll have to wait on mine, still have to decide.
 
Plain and simple, RS4.


b7.Par.0088.Image.jpg
 
I've always been fond of the 200 Quattro Wagon.
Audi01.jpg
 
I'll take the RS4
 
R8, R10, RS6 or the beefed up version of the quattro
 
001AudiRs6drvid.jpg


[/thread]
 
R8.
Audi_R8_rear_left_20080225.jpg
 
until TT-RS and RS3 arrive, this..

_Audi-S3-1-lg.jpg
 
until TT-RS and RS3 arrive, this..
[bigpic of S3]
Almost, Leo.

The Ultimate Audi, in my opinion, should be a sensible, understated, and mechanically awesome car. One that suprises with just how fast and composed it is. The TT-RS is a sports coupe, it should have exactly what it does have. What we are going for in this arena is excess; Not wretched excess, no, but thoughtful excess. Excess that hides itself, a gentleman's indulgence. So, the S3 is pretty excellent (Perhaps not the pinnacle, but I wouldn't know), but the RS3, the 5-door hatchback with 380hp and the utter assurance that it won't misstep, will definitely be the Ultimate Audi.

It might just have been easier to delay my reply until it gets produced :)
 
Audi RS2: Audi Subtlety and Porsche engineering.

1kbko.jpg


Quicker than than a Mclaren F1 0-30mph (1.5s)
 
R10 TDi
lrg_article_9663-img_0.jpg


Quattro / Sport Quattro
audi-quattro-1988.jpg


audi_sport_quattro_11_06_05.JPG
 
joest03a.jpg


That other thing is NOT an R8

But, other than that, I'm none too keen on this brand, and I'll probably take years for me to recover from a certain banned member's raves.
 
lp5604.jpg

Oh...oops

R8
gt3r83.jpg


and R8
audir805lmesnurburgring.jpg



For something more accessible and affordable, it would probably be the current gen TT for me.
 
Oh Darn how could I forget. One of the Best racing liveries ever.

header.jpg

Crocodile R8 FTW!
 
auto-union-c-and-d-types.jpg


These could also be considered ultimate Porsches. :)
 
Probaly the only one I can honestly see myself owning and driving (even if money wasn't an issue):

Audi-Quattro.jpg
 
JCE

I agree with that and the cars Grand Prix posted. Everything else can pretty much go away as far as I'm concerned. Except maybe the old Quattro. And perhaps this:

9955.jpg
 
Personally I'm waiting for the TT-RS with the epic return of 5-cylinders, but my personal pick is this:

Audia21991.JPG


The A2. Expensive when new, but now proven just to be miles ahead of it's time. Everyone now is striving for better economy and using all sorts of fancy technology to do so. Audi did it the simple way, ten years ago now - light weight (through an aluminium body), great aerodynamics (same Cd as an original Honda Insight) and good engines - simple petrols and turbodiesels.

The light weight gave it pretty good performance from reasonably low powered engines (under 11 seconds from a 1.4, 3-cyl turbodiesel, 1.5 seconds quicker than the tiny VW Lupo with an identical engine despite the extra size), and the shape gave it loads of space inside. Numerous magazines declared it one of the best driving Audis too, not suffering from the understeer and vague steering in most of their models, even the contemporary RS4 and RS6.

And personal opinion: It's a stunning design.
 
Hmmm. Being a VW guy, you'd think I'd like the Audis. Nope, not so much.

The only Audi (other than the R8) to really tickle my fancy has been the Allroad Quattro:

03.audi.allroad.quattro.500.jpg


Otherwise, I'll just save my money and buy a VW.
 
I've decided... the ultimate stealth car. MTM style.

S8_V10.jpg

MTM Audi S8
 
I've always had a soft spot for the A8 W12 over the S8. It's a kind of stupid engine, but I think it's awesome.

audi-a8-w12-photo.jpg
 
Back