The very last Mission Race...

  • Thread starter Thread starter bread_crumbs
  • 9 comments
  • 1,492 views
Messages
28
Germany
Germany
WARNING! This thread contains several spoilers.

I don't know if anybody else has the same opinion, but I think this mission was forged in hell itself.

We are supposed to drive a whole lap on the Nürburgring Nordschleife under 7:50 mins with the road car version of the Ford GT. So far everything is fine and fun, even though the car is a bit slippery it is still doable. What really grinds my gears is my opponent, which we are not supposed to win against, he's just there to make your life a living hell.

He's driving a much faster car, a Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II to be exact.

I would be so happy if he would just drive off and disappear in the horizon... but no. He slows down when he is in front of me and breaks excessively on every corner, making me dive in face first on his rear.

I thought that maybe I could avoid all the smelly business and just overtake him real quick on a tight turn and then drive really good to avoid ever encountering him again. Nope. He's really fast, specially on the straights, where he will gladly and forcefully shove his face on your behind making you fly off to the nearest wall like a magnet.

Seriously, I've been trying for 3 hours now. My mind is so tired sometimes I crash on the first corner...

I'm not a bad driver I think, I mean, I golded everything up til this point. Has anybody reached this point and managed it? Any suggestions on tranquilizers?..
 
Are you sure you're not supposed to beat him? If you're hitting him so easily you can probably pass him if you get the chance. I beat the Ferrari 458 in the Dino in a previous mission race, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to beat them. Of course, they'll catch you back on the straights.
 
He slows down a lot when he's in front of me and goes crazy-fast when he's behind.
It wouldn't be possible in the real world for a road car to win against a race car, specially on this track.
So yes, he's programmed to tag along all the way on this enormous track.
And if you ever touch him you have to restart. And we have to be reminded the Nürburgring has tight roads and it is very bumpy, any slight touch from the other car on the rear at high speed will turn into a major crash.
 
Had the same problem and took me almost an hour to get gold. I almost had it once when he rammed me off on the long straight at the end of the lap. I eventually got it, but i passed him just before the first corners with the cones, after that i was constantly checking my rearview mirror to see if he wanted to ram me off. Quite hard to do when it is getting dark. When i got to the long straight i just let him pass as i didnt wanted to get hit again and drafted him. Its all about the laptime so i dont think i passed him again. My time was 7.43 and the gold time is 7.50 so there is enough time just try to finish the lap and then you should have it. Also you cant hit him at the rear, but from the side you can get away with it.
 
Also you cant hit him at the rear, but from the side you can get away with it.

This.

Most important thing to remember with these missions.

Take advantage of this as much as you can, and avoid slamming on the brakes when he enters a corner in front of you. If you can't get a clean overtake, then bump and grind a bit, it's better that than being disqualified because he let you slam into the back of him - which is one of the most annoying things about all the missions, as well as the fact that they also like to spin me out when I'm in front.
 
Had the same problem and took me almost an hour to get gold. I almost had it once when he rammed me off on the long straight at the end of the lap. I eventually got it, but I passed him just before the first corners with the cones, after that I was constantly checking my rearview mirror to see if he wanted to ram me off. Quite hard to do when it is getting dark. When I got to the long straight I just let him pass as I didnt wanted to get hit again and drafted him. It's all about the laptime so I dont think I passed him again. My time was 7.43 and the gold time is 7.50 so there is enough time just try to finish the lap and then you should have it. Also you cant hit him at the rear, but from the side you can get away with it.

Bolded mine.

Guess that is the secret, eh? Follow the leader. No wonder they have a faster car. ;)
 
Havent gotten here yet but this sounds like the mercedes challenge around the ring in GT4, which took for freaking ever to finally win until you really learned how to drive the super slippery car. Same situation where you couldnt go off track or bump the other 5 cars -- although it sounds like its gonna be a pain in the behind if the guy is going to constant be on my rear bumper ready to shoot me off the second I lift in a fast corner... we'll see.

Once I figured out how to properly handle the car it wasn't hard to repeat in GT4... hopefully this wont be too bad if others have gotten it in an hour.
 
I was lucky at this, overtook him very quick and finished as leader in my first attempt. He pushed hard on the last straight, almost lost control but i did it.
 
In this mission race you ARE allowed to go into the grass. Just remember that.
 
Do you have to finish the liscence tests to unlock the other missions at goodwood
Also I thought you win the cars at goodwood golded the first 3 no cars no new races!?!?
 
Back