The Village: M. Night Blows his Last Chance

Messages
2,760
I saw this movie a while ago but never thought to post about it. Frankly, I thought it sucked rocks. M. Night's "twist ending" schtik is old and stale, and it just added to the stupidity of this movie when I saw it. The audience hated it too on the day I saw it, but I was wondering if anyone else saw it and liked it or disliked it. Remember to use spoiler tags if you are going to give away the ending, although it won't do anything to detract from the overall experience in this movie!
 
It was pretty stupid.
Thats all I gotta to say.
I should've watched something else.
 
I thought The Village was quite different than the previous 2 movies. The "surprises" in Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense were a sudden slap in the face coming at the last possible moment. It worked well in Sixth Sense because no one expected it. It was less effective in Unbreakable. I liked The Village because the story was more tense and twisting rather than a slow build-up for 1 big surprise. Character wise it was an improvement as well.
 
After Signs I didn't even bother with this one. From what I've heard, it's a good thing I did.

I might catch it on DVD.
 
Back