The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Here's a lap on the Lexus super lap event, for anyone vaguely interested.
At least you can sit back and enjoy the sound of the car :drool:

Its only a silver lap here - Time was... 1m37.665
I'm finding it noticeably tougher to get gold nowadays now I'm not using a wheel. And also because I'm crap :lol:

I've also added my Mini super lap vid below on Brands Hatch...

Alpine laps should be up overnight on my Youtube channel (link below)
:cheers: :gtpflag:

This looks an awful lot like a certain German concept car we've driven ;)

http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/03/19/e30-m3-to-inspire-a-special-version-of-bmw-m2/

BMW-Vision-Gran-Turismo-09-750x500.jpg

BMW-Vision-Gran-Turismo-13-750x421.jpg

BMW-Vision-Gran-Turismo-14-750x421.jpg

{edit: Looking at the image filenames these pics are of the VGT. Maybe the website is just using them as reference material since there are no shots of the real car yet}

Last edited:
Hmm...I feel like ranking some of these things. Since we're halfway there, I've just had a session with them and I'm in the mood for this sort of thing.

Volkswagen - Pretty close between this and the Alpine really but the GTI has all the ingredients needed for a great drive at 100% pace...something I like a lot.
Alpine (+ Race Mode) - Bunching both together since they're not really dissimilar enough. But they sound and drive great. It's so Alpine, I like the way they intentionally styled the back to look as it does, airbrakes and all, because it's what drivers look at it. Great motive.
Mitsubishi - Not the best to drive and horribly overrated with PP, but easy to adapt to, great offroad, and I just think it's really all-round good everywhere else.
Chaparral - Shocking to drive but the concept is so mad you just can't not like it. Insert your laser sound effect here...
Nissan - Simply a great drive overall. Also I still think it looks like a Koenigsegg.
Infiniti - Tied with the Lexus, the one everyone forgets about but it's still a very, very good car to drive.
Lexus - So much style, like a 90s DTM put into Ridge Racer, rather than the Super GT/GT3 they went for. Not as good to drive but still pretty mad.
BMW - Good as a whole, but not great.
Mini - So OK it's average, all things considered.
Mazda - Disappointingly difficult to drive. The sound might be great but I do have to lower the volume for it...
Mercedes - Very nondescript now, all things considered.
Toyota - Poor drive, odd setup, all around the bad kind of 'meh'.
Aston Martin - Poor to drive given what it should be really.
Merc Race Series - I haven't driven this often but unfortunately the first time was in the seasonal at Bathurst, the worst track you can put anything on so it was absolutely appalling. Still, at least a good car might be able to nullify the bad track surface - this didn't, so...no.
Subaru - It's a Subaru. Apart from this bad flaw it's also very odd to drive.

More VGTs, please. Are Daihatsu going to release something mad? Will Nike make that second car? Is Elon Musk getting that Tesla out soon? Anyone going to the next Hornets game and talking to Michael Jordan about his one? Let's have them.

Hmm...I feel like ranking some of these things. Since we're halfway there, I've just had a session with them and I'm in the mood for this sort of thing.

Volkswagen - Pretty close between this and the Alpine really but the GTI has all the ingredients needed for a great drive at 100% pace...something I like a lot.
Alpine (+ Race Mode) - Bunching both together since they're not really dissimilar enough. But they sound and drive great. It's so Alpine, I like the way they intentionally styled the back to look as it does, airbrakes and all, because it's what drivers look at it. Great motive.
Mitsubishi - Not the best to drive and horribly overrated with PP, but easy to adapt to, great offroad, and I just think it's really all-round good everywhere else.
Chaparral - Shocking to drive but the concept is so mad you just can't not like it. Insert your laser sound effect here...
Nissan - Simply a great drive overall. Also I still think it looks like a Koenigsegg.
Infiniti - Tied with the Lexus, the one everyone forgets about but it's still a very, very good car to drive.
Lexus - So much style, like a 90s DTM put into Ridge Racer, rather than the Super GT/GT3 they went for. Not as good to drive but still pretty mad.
Mazda - Disappointingly difficult to drive. The sound might be great but I do have to lower the volume for it...
Merc Race Series - I haven't driven this often but unfortunately the first time was in the seasonal at Bathurst, the worst track you can put anything on so it was absolutely appalling. Still, at least a good car might be able to nullify the bad track surface - this didn't, so...no.

More VGTs, please. Are Daihatsu going to release something mad? Will Nike make that second car? Is Elon Musk getting that Tesla out soon? Anyone going to the next Hornets game and talking to Michael Jordan about his one? Let's have them.

Good to hear that you were in the mood to review cars, you don't do that too often these days (because you have been busy with other things, I'm sure). I agree with most of your points, the Merc Race Series is a good car to drive on flat surface track, but be careful with bumps, because the car doesn't like those. The BMW is more or less a decent race car, but it doesn't excel at anything in particular. The Chaparral, as I said many times before, is one volatile car; drive it correctly and it'll be one amazing experience, drive it wrong and you'll see its worse side in seconds. You really need to recalibrate your driving style when you get in a 2X... The Lexus is too lively to be a proper racing car, it could use some stiffness to knock away the excessive oversteer. The Alpine is a very solid car, with a very good and original design, not to mention that it has an actual modeled cockpit. It wins in many ways. The Volks is definitely one of the easiest VGTs to drive, and it feels like it has the right setup for it. And it also has a modeled cockpit, not to mention a special outifit. Actually, it shares quite a few aspects with the Alpine, minus the 4WD system.

But yes, so far the VGT project has offered us quite the interesting lot of cars. The Toyota group just rehashed old concept car designs for ALL of their VGT cars, which is a 👎 for them. GM wins for pulling out an insane design from out of nowhere, as well as the Chaparral name. BMW is obviously the most realistic looking car, perhaps a bit too much. The European representants did fine so far, but out of the current batch, only the Alpine has truly shined.

Last edited:

Good review. I disgree on a few points though. Mainly on the Mitsubishi. In my opinion it's not overrated with PP. It has a lot of torque and it's very fast on the right track. It lacks top speed but it turns really well. It might be one of the fastest VGTs on very tight and technical tracks like Matterhorn. I think it's a really fun car. And it's very good offroad like you said. I consider it the only rally VGT car. I personally prefer it over the Subaru VGT. About the Chaparral, it looks cool but I don't like the whole flying suit concept behind the car. It requires a lot of practice to properly drive it fast though. I don't think the Aston Martin is that bad really. On the Mercedes Race Series, I think @Niku Driver HC summed up pretty well.
On the rest I think my opinions are a bit similar.

Good review. I disgree on a few points though. Mainly on the Mitsubishi. In my opinion it's not overrated with PP. It has a lot of torque and it's very fast on the right track. It lacks top speed but it turns really well. It might be one of the fastest VGTs on very tight and technical tracks like Matterhorn. I think it's a really fun car. And it's very good offroad like you said. I consider it the only rally VGT car. I personally prefer it over the Subaru VGT. About the Chaparral, it looks cool but I don't like the whole flying suit concept behind the car. It requires a lot of practice to properly drive it fast though. I don't think the Aston Martin is that bad really. On the Mercedes Race Series, I think @Niku Driver HC summed up pretty well.
On the rest I think my opinions are a bit similar.

Yes, you also make some good points. I forgot to speak about the Aston; it's a lively car for sure, but it's not that bad to drive if you know what you're doing. Sure, it's a MR car, but you have to expect some oversteer when you're driving that type of car. If you think the Chaparral is crazy, remember that you have Bertone, Nike, Jordan (not GTP's head honcho, the shoe brand) Lamborghini and maybe even Daihatsu to consider in terms of craziness. If the infamous Bertone VGT pictures are real, the 2X will no longer be alone in the "wild concept" throne. God only know what the others have done with their projects...

And yes, I'm still eager to see more of them. I want to see if the Tesla can truly be an electric supercar without botching incredibly, I want to see if Lamborghini can actually go even crazier than usual, what is Daihatsu up to, if the Bertone is indeed real. And what does Peugeot have in store, because I am a bit of a fan of the brand, not to mention that they have done some really interesting concepts.

Yes, you also make some good points. I forgot to speak about the Aston; it's a lively car for sure, but it's not that bad to drive if you know what you're doing. Sure, it's a MR car, but you have to expect some oversteer when you're driving that type of car. If you think the Chaparral is crazy, remember that you have Bertone, Nike, Jordan (not GTP's head honcho, the shoe brand) Lamborghini and maybe even Daihatsu to consider in terms of craziness. If the infamous Bertone VGT pictures are real, the 2X will no longer be alone in the "wild concept" throne. God only know what the others have done with their projects...

And yes, I'm still eager to see more of them. I want to see if the Tesla can truly be an electric supercar without botching incredibly, I want to see if Lamborghini can actually go even crazier than usual, what is Daihatsu up to, if the Bertone is indeed real. And what does Peugeot have in store, because I am a bit of a fan of the brand, not to mention that they have done some really interesting concepts.

As far as design goes, the Bertone may be crazier than the Chaparal, but I don't know if it's the crazier concept overall. The only conventional thing about the Chaparral is the fact that it has four wheels. From the propulsion system to the "suspension", everything else is very radical. It's going to be hard to top that. But we'll have to wait untill Bertone's car is released (hopefully). And also, just a small correction: the Aston is 4WD not MR.

I also can't wait for the other VGTs. The one I'm looking forward the most is the Zagato. They seem to have a rather nice looking GT in development. I'm also curious about Ford, Dahiatsu (I really don't know what to expect from them), Giugiaro. What bugs me though is that GM Design is still in the VGT dealership. I would expect it to be removed already if the Chaparral was their car and PD forgot to remove the logo at the time. Maybe there's another car? But I'm not holding my breath.

As far as design goes, the Bertone may be crazier than the Chaparal, but I don't know if it's the crazier concept overall. The only conventional thing about the Chaparral is the fact that it has four wheels. From the propulsion system to the "suspension", everything else is very radical. It's going to be hard to top that. But we'll have to wait untill Bertone's car is released (hopefully). And also, just a small correction: the Aston is 4WD not MR.

I also can't wait for the other VGTs. The one I'm looking forward the most is the Zagato. They seem to have a rather nice looking GT in development. I'm also curious about Ford, Dahiatsu (I really don't know what to expect from them), Giugiaro. What bugs me though is that GM Design is still in the VGT dealership. I would expect it to be removed already if the Chaparral was their car and PD forgot to remove the logo at the time. Maybe there's another car? But I'm not holding my breath.

Ah, the Aston is 4WD? I always had the impression it was a MR-type car, but there you go. And yes, unless the Bertone has a even wilder engine, it may be hard for it to outcrazy the Chaparral.

As for the GM Design case, it has to be a different car. I also thought the 2X was GM's project, but it seems that it actually was a side attraction that no one knows why it exists. Otherwise, the image on the VGT pages would've been taken down by now. I do wonder if GM will use yet another brand from their group for the car, or will they actually just call it a GM Design car... Zagato's own project is also very intriguing, and Giugiaro's could be just about anything, as their VGT sketch is bare-bones.

Do either of the new VGTs (Alpine/Lexus) offer up any of their paint chips upon acquisition, and are either paintable?

@Niku Driver HC
Yeh, you'ld have to be a paint chip fanatic to spend 3 mill Cr's to get those Lexus chips.
Even the name of them is boring ... VGT Version xxxx

Speaking of which, the Alpine Race Mode paint has a name, but it doesn't show up when you buy it.
It's called Summit blue.

I bet you'll all sleep better now you know that. :lol:

Hey Guys, I just found this thread and thought you'd be interested to see some of my B-Spec testing regarding how "Bob" has been doing driving the VGT's with sport tires in the B-Spec Super, 24-minutes of Nurburgring Challenge. Yes, I know, it's maybe a bit ridiculous to put SS tires on some of the VGTs...:lol:

TIMES RECORDED WITH NO CONTROLLER INPUT COMMANDS DURING THE RACE.
TIMES RECORDED WITH NO CONTROLLER INPUT COMMANDS DURING PIT STOPS
NO TUNING ALLOWED (except use of power limiter or add ballast)

Car Description........................................| PP | Tire Compound 1st/2nd/3rd Lap | Top Speed | Fast Lap | Race Duration | GTP Username

OPEN CLASS
  1. Mazda LM55 VGT ...................................| 650 | SS/SS/SS | 201 | 9:01.744 | 28:38.806 | kapnk006
  2. Alpine Vision VGT Gran Turismo RM....| 599 | SS/SS/SS | 172 | 9:19.681 | 29:33.856 | kapnk006
  3. Alpine Vision VGT Gran Turismo............| 587 | SS/SS/SS | 190 | 9:19.258 | 29:50.350 | kapnk006
  4. Mercedes Benz AMG VGT ......................| 650 | SS/SS/SS | 216 | 9:15.944 | 29:51.200 | kapnk006
  5. Nissan Concept 2020 VGT.......................| 616 | SS/SS/SS | 203 | 9:16.148 | 29:51.433 | kapnk006
  6. Lexus CF-LC VGT.....................................| 627 | SS/SS/SS | 187 | 9:33.654 | 29:53.366 | kapnk006
  7. Toyota FT-1 VGT.....................................| 645 | SS/SS/SS | n/a | 9:34.956 | 29:54.905 | kapnk006
  8. Alpine Vision VGT Gran Turismo..........| 587 | SS/SS/SS | 192 | 9:21.310 | 30:01.433 | kapnk006
  9. Aston Martin DP-100 VGT .....................| 650 | SS/SS/SS | 207 | 9:31.956 | 30:10.600 | kapnk006
  10. Volkswagon GTI Roadster VGT..............| 616 | SS/SS/SS | 182 | 9:43.179 | 30:19.333 | kapnk006
  11. Subaru VZIV GT Gran Turismo.............| 609 | SS/SS/SS | 170 | 9:40.164 | 30:31.213 | kapnk006
  12. Mitsubishi XR-Phev Evolution VGT.......| 617 | SS/SS/SS | 174 | 10:07.296 | 31:10.110 | kapnk006
  13. Infiniti Concept VGT..............................| 565 | SS/SS/SS | 187 | 10:09.875 | 31:22.542 | kapnk006
  14. BMW Vision Gran Turismo....................| 620 | SS/SS/SS | 178 | 10:14.633 | 31:26.617 | kapnk006

615PP CLASS
  1. Alpine Vision VGT Gran Turismo RM....| 559 | SS/SS/SS | 172 | 9:19.681 | 29:33.856 | kapnk006
  2. Mazda LM55 VGT .................................| 615 | SS/SS/SS | 184 | 9:26.403 | 29:41.584 | kapnk006
  3. Alpine Vision VGT Gran Turismo..........| 587 | SS/SS/SS | 190 | 9:19.258 | 29:50.350 | kapnk006
  4. Nissan Concept 2020 VGT....................| 615 | SS/SS/SS | 203 | 9:21.701 | 29:59.412 | kapnk006
  5. Mercedes Benz AMG VGT VGT .............| 615 | SS/SS/SS | 204 | 9:41.273 | 30:09.733 | kapnk006
  6. Lexus CF-LC VGT...................................| 615 | SS/SS/SS | 182 | 9:39.271 | 30:13.253 | kapnk006
  7. Volkswagon GTI Roadster VGT............| 615 | SS/SS/SS | 182 | 9:44.915 | 30:22.736 | kapnk006
  8. Toyota FT-1 VGT...................................| 615 | SS/SS/SS | 178 | 9:47.703 | 30:25.724 | kapnk006
  9. Subaru VZIV GT Gran Turismo.............| 609 | SS/SS/SS | 170 | 9:40.164 | 30:31.213 | kapnk006
  10. Mercedes Benz AMG VGT Racing ........| 615 | SS/SS/SS | 185 | 9:15.944 | 30:41.883 | kapnk006
  11. Aston Martin DP-100 VGT ..................| 615 | SS/SS/SS | 193 | 9:51.545 | 30:54.058 | kapnk006
  12. Infiniti Concept VGT............................| 565 | SS/SS/SS | 187 | 10:09.875 | 31:22.542 | kapnk006
  13. BMW Vision Gran Turismo..................| 615 | SS/SS/SS | 177 | 10:08.561 | 31:23.100 | kapnk006

Last edited:
@Niku Driver HC
Yeh, you'ld have to be a paint chip fanatic to spend 3 mill Cr's to get those Lexus chips.
I've purchased every car in the game that yeilds a chip, including 11 (I think it's 11) Mazda Furais at somewhere around 1.25 million a pop. Well over 2400 chips and no DLC. :lol:

Edit: It's worth noting that VGT Version White is the first true white (not cream or grey) listed in the 'Metallic' section of the paint shop. The nearest example prior to its release was Suzukagrau Metallic from the Audi R8 LMS '09 (another pricey bunch like the Furais), which was a very light grey. 2477 chips and counting.

Last edited:
I think the Lexus is the best sounding yet. I say this because the tone of the exhaust/engine plus the hybrid bit and the turbo 'whoosh' all combined. With just a little tune, this car is amazing. Throttle response is great, almost perfectly balanced for no wheelspin. It reminds me of the Honda HSV with its lower torque and sky-high revs are like the S2000. You have to oil change it to reach its max speed at the normal race tracks.

Yeah the Lexus is pretty impressive. I keep all the VGT's totally stock, and in that respect it is the fastest of the rest after the 2X and LM55. One of the other things I like about it, is the how quickly the Hybrid system re-charges, that's a real pain in some of the other cars if you're just having a hot lap session and every 3 laps you've either got to restart or crawl around for a lap.

kqHU688wSgW4jWklAZ_0.jpg

From the Playstation Gran Turismo Series forum when a new VGT car is to be released it is picture sneaked little by little and it has not been wrong in some time and the next car being picture sneaked is the Peugeot VGT.

here is the sneeked picture:
original

I remember seeing that image in full, on a Facebook comment to a Gran Turismo post. Not sure if it's official, though. Then again, it could be.

Last edited:
Back