The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Never has Benny Hill been so fitting for a car, really. The X refuses to accept anything, including the laws of physics. Well done sir, I tip my proverbial hat at you for a job well done. :lol:👍

My favorite thing about this whole project is always wondering who's next on the release list.
fc,220x200,black.u2.jpg

Sums it up. (Except maybe replace Scorpion with the Vision GT logo)

:lol:

And in their usual release fashion, it will come in two colors - red and gray.

And much like the "real" car, it won't feature an interior.

...what, too soon for that joke? :dopey: :lol:

Anyways, at least the model has more than one color. The whole "red and gray" gimmick imitates the same pattern that was seen in TLV's GT-R Nismo R35, if anything. And the model's casting is looking very good indeed.

Although I would like to see one be released in purple... Oh well, can't have all the good things.

Last edited:
I'm afraid I have some bad news, and they are once again tied to an Italian VGT project; a recently-opened thread shows that the ride might be over for Bertone once and for all. The brand's sole teaser picture as well as their spot on the list have been taken off the VGT webpage. I can confirm that the webpage bit is indeed true, but I haven't seen if the same has happened in the game.

Some may be happy about this (knowing how much flack the leaked Urano pictures took by these people), but for me it's a pity that the Bertone never got a chance to redeem itself after the original company's bankrupcy. And we have lost one of the boldest VGT designs, whether you loved it or hated it...

Here's the thread itself: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ved-from-vision-gt-list.331553/#post-10841113 (credit goes to @LosCules24SFA for the find)

Is it just me or does the Toyota FT-1 VGT's transmission have a rather odd setup? Because the gears are just too wide. There's no way in hell that the car can reach it supposedly top speed of more than 220mph, as indicated by the gears. And 1st gear is too damn tall, you can't even do burnouts with a supposedly powerful engine. I seriously think the FT-1 VGT could be faster and more competitive if it had shorted gears and that it tops out at around 200mph.

That last SRT car is just one big "🤬 you". I've tried to complete lap with it with all kinds of steering sensitivity and traction control settings, but.. No.:ouch: It seems to lose control if one nanomillimeter of your wheel touches paint or curb. I give up and deem it as the ultimate "ADHD kids dream car".:grumpy: And, as if there weren't enough issues as is, despite of silvering the first SRT VGT event, I haven't received the car. I did get the race version from the next even though.. ugh. I'm done with these events. /rant.:irked:

fc,220x200,black.u2.jpg

Sums it up. (Except maybe replace Scorpion with the Vision GT logo)

:lol:
Gran Turismo: The Real Fatality Simulator :lol:

Now since the Tomahawk X is out, I'm wondering if Redbull is going to try to compete with the Tomahawk X by making another X1 that will be as fast as the Tomahawk X. Would be a surprising comeback.

Back