The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
Told you, Interallied wanted to make an accurate reproduction of the car, therefore it canoot have an interior (or better, it needs to have the same "black hole" interior of the ingame version). 10/10 just for that touch alone, haha. :lol:

Joke aside, it is looking very good indeed, I can't really nitpick any problem with it, because there are no problems with the casting. Well, other than it being expensive, that is...

Double post time, it seems. But there is a very good reason for it;

882584471956695553.jpg

Say hello to the very first hydrogen-powered Vision Gran Turismo car; the 871 horsepower Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo, now with a whopping choice of four amazing color combos (I chose the one which personally I think it's the best one, dat incredible red and white body);

i1jRaC5AMvaEuhH.jpg

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4329595.html

Hydrogen power, eh? This car could be the test bed for actual hydrogen cars in GT series. Who knows ;)

Who knows indeed; if VGT cars can act as test beds for the future ingame engine sound system, why not test other possibilities for Gran Turismo (as a game) as well? And unlike the SRT and the Chaparral, Hyundai hasn't gone overboard with their innovation, leaving the car at a place where it can take on modern day LMP1 cars and not look out of place and/or be too overpowered by comparison.

There's also another odd thing; if you look closely at the pictures on the GT website article, you might notice that in the pictures where the car appears solo, in that gallery-like environment, there is no Hyundai badge on the front grille, only a sticker of sorts on the hood. However, in the ingame pictures, all cars have a solid Hyundai badge below the hood, within the front grille. It's an odd inconsistency...

There's also another odd thing; if you look closely at the pictures on the GT website article, you might notice that in the pictures where the car appears solo, in that gallery-like environment, there is no Hyundai badge on the front grille, only a sticker of sorts on the hood. However, in the ingame pictures, all cars have a solid Hyundai badge below the hood, within the front grille. It's an odd inconsistency...

It's a hologram. On the other pics you can see it floating in mid air supported by two beams of light.

It's a hologram. On the other pics you can see it floating in mid air supported by two beams of light.

Yes, I did notice that after staring at the pictures more carefully. That's another first for a VGT car, I reckon; I don't remember a car with a hologram acting as its front grille...

In the meantime, here are the official unveiling pictures of the remaining colors for Bugatt's own VGT project, as well as its video trailer;

i1z8CMu0omU9kuB.jpg

i1h8XOw4KP9MMEE.jpg

i1jdxsOPPK9EG8c.jpg

i1GRfeFM359cG8E.jpg

Oh, and the trailer's beginning is so cheesy it's absolutely hilarious. Does the VAG group have a penchant to do video comedy? Because if so, they did a tremendous job, I couldn't contain my laughter during the early portions of the video, hahaha. :lol:👍

Edit: In related VGT news, it seems that Interallied is not done with VGT scale models. A little image has popped up in their Facebook page...

12022507_1253566431336390_1490294329225780938_o.jpg

Not my personal favorite car, but it's cool to hear that it will have a scale model.

Last edited:
PD has been known to use the VGTs as test mules for their graphics department, especially when you consider that many cars can actually cause slowdowns in GT6, just on the showroom area alone. Without the constraints which the PS3 brings, PD can showcase possible graphical improvements with pictures like the Hyundai's...

Also note that nearly every car using the new sound synthesis system is a VGT car. I suspect there's a lot of GT7 stuff going on behind the scenes, and these cars are being used to perhaps test some of these new technologies.

Also note that nearly every car using the new sound synthesis system is a VGT car. I suspect there's a lot of GT7 stuff going on behind the scenes, and these cars are being used to perhaps test some of these new technologies.

Clearly so, several cars may share things in common which are already featured in GT games (4WD systems, hybrid powertrains), but others bring new changes which are not implemented in full within GT6. From the outlandish laser propulsion of the Chaparral 2X to the multiple brake flaps of the SRT Tomahawk, as well as the DRS system of the Bugatti and the hydrogen system of the Hyundai, all these touches can influence Gran Turismo in some way. Of course, the new and/or tuned sound samples of most VGTs are the key change and the most talked about feature of these cars, but the smaller details could also bring several new aspects to the game, who knows...?

Clearly so, several cars may share things in common which are already featured in GT games (4WD systems, hybrid powertrains), but others bring new changes which are not implemented in full within GT6. From the outlandish laser propulsion of the Chaparral 2X to the multiple brake flaps of the SRT Tomahawk, as well as the DRS system of the Bugatti and the hydrogen system of the Hyundai, all these touches can influence Gran Turismo in some way. Of course, the new and/or tuned sound samples of most VGTs are the key change and the most talked about feature of these cars, but the smaller details could also bring several new aspects to the game, who knows...?

I've always maintained from the outset that GT6 was basically thrown together using as much readily available content as possible to keep people happy whilst waiting for a PS4 title, whether it's content from GT5 or content destined for PS4 scaled back for the PS3. Things like the new UI, physics engine, AES audio, and adaptive tessellation are all frameworks that GT7 can be built around, so they've clearly focussed on those first. The new cars could have been as easily meant for PS4 as they were for the PS3, as even the earliest GT5 models were made to a standard good enough for PS4 (around 250,000 polys), so they could easily be ported back to GT6 and fit in with the GT5 cars. They may have even picked the cars from a pool they were working on for GT7. Therefore, with a decent base of GT7 technology, they may have used the VGT cars as a platform to introduce more technology destined for GT7, such as new audio, hybrid simulation, more complex aero, and more, like you said.

A coupe of things.

First, this has the gran-turismo.com logo at the beginning, and there is MORE than just the Hyundai VGT in the video. That Veloster shows up A LOT. It looks to me like we'll be getting TWO Hyundais

Also, that really twisty track. It gets featured a lot. I wonder if the old GT test track might make a return.

Last edited:
A coupe of things.

First, this has the gran-turismo.com logo at the beginning, and there is MORE than just the Hyundai VGT in the video. It looks to me like we'll be getting TWO Hyundais

Also, that really twisty track. Is that the test track from GT4 or is that Hyundai's test track?...Re-release?

First point is interesting, remember how PDI were spotted scanning the Veloster way back when?

The track as I understand it is Hyundai's own test track. Do you mean Complex String by the "GT4 test track" or am I getting confused?

A coupe of things.

First, this has the gran-turismo.com logo at the beginning, and there is MORE than just the Hyundai VGT in the video. It looks to me like we'll be getting TWO Hyundais

Also, that really twisty track. Is that the test track from GT4 or is that Hyundai's test track?...Re-release?

Alright, I'm afraid that I have to bring the bad news;

• The twisty track, according to another GTP member, is apparently the testing grounds of Ehra-Lessien in Germany. While I cannot verify this with 100% certainty, I can tell that it is not a Gran Turismo track of any genre, sadly.
  • The "other Hyundai", which I do not know what particular car in the video refers to (there are two cars; one of the mid-engined Veloster-esque concept cars and a camo'd I30 or I40 which also appears in the video), does appear in the video, but there is no clear sign about it coming to GT6. Yes, the Veloster was spotted during a sound recording session which PD did a year ago, but at best it may only appear in GT7.
So yes, I'm afraid you may be wrong on both accounts, unfortunately...

Alright, I'm afraid that I have to bring the bad news;

• The twisty track, according to another GTP member, is apparently the testing grounds of Ehra-Lessien in Germany. While I cannot verify this with 100% certainty, I can tell that it is not a Gran Turismo track of any genre, sadly.
  • The "other Hyundai", which I do not know what particular car in the video refers to (there are two cars; one of the mid-engined Veloster-esque concept cars and a camo'd I30 or I40 which also appears in the video), does appear in the video, but there is no clear sign about it coming to GT6. Yes, the Veloster was spotted during a sound recording session which PD did a year ago, but at best it may only appear in GT7.
So yes, I'm afraid you may be wrong on both accounts, unfortunately...

Boooooo hisssssssss booooooooo

Just for fun, here's a few facts of the Vision GT story so far.

Total numbers:
18 manufacturers have revealed their cars. (16 currently in-game)
4 manufacturers have created more than 1 car.
23 cars have been created. (21 currently in-game)

Dates:
5 cars have instantly been included in-game with no teasers.
Peugeot is the only manufacturer to have an instant full reveal, but then still wait before it was included in-game.
MINI holds the record for shortest first tease to in-game release - 1 day.
Alpine holds the record for longest first tease to in-game release - 54 days.
Average period from first tease to in-game release - 31 days. (across 12 manufacturers)
1 or more cars have been added every GT update since 1.07 (excluding 1.11 and 1.13 small patch updates)

Stats: (cars currently in-game)
12 4WD's - 6 FR's - 2 MR's - 1 no drive-train
13 Turbo - 7 naturally aspirated - 1 laser
Power range - 388 to 2586 BHP
Torque range - 43.6 to 126.6 kgfm
Weight range - 450 to 1680 kgs
PP range - 532 to 962

Parts:
Subaru is the only car with external parts available - wheels.
Subaru is the only car to allow brake caliper paint.
Subaru and Tomahawk S are the only cars to allow wheel paint.
10 cars allow body paint.
Mercedes AMG VGT is the only car to allow power and body tuning parts.
5 cars are restricted to only adjusting brake balance, power limiter, and ballast.

We've had:

2 Hatchbacks
2 different Gran Touring Supercars
4 Hypercars
3 Futuristic LMP racecars
1 Superlight Track car
3 GT Racecars
1 Experimental Machine
1 Roadster Supercar
3 Track Supercars
1 Experimental Racecar

Just for fun, here's a few facts of the Vision GT story so far.

Total numbers:
18 manufacturers have revealed their cars. (16 currently in-game)
4 manufacturers have created more than 1 car.
23 cars have been created. (21 currently in-game)

Dates:
5 cars have instantly been included in-game with no teasers.
Peugeot is the only manufacturer to have an instant full reveal, but then still wait before it was included in-game.
MINI holds the record for shortest first tease to in-game release - 1 day.
Alpine holds the record for longest first tease to in-game release - 54 days.
Average period from first tease to in-game release - 31 days. (across 12 manufacturers)
1 or more cars have been added every GT update since 1.07 (excluding 1.11 and 1.13 small patch updates)

Stats: (cars currently in-game)
12 4WD's - 6 FR's - 2 MR's - 1 no drive-train
13 Turbo - 7 naturally aspirated - 1 laser
Power range - 388 to 2586 BHP
Torque range - 43.6 to 126.6 kgfm
Weight range - 450 to 1680 kgs
PP range - 532 to 962

Parts:
Subaru is the only car with external parts available - wheels.
Subaru is the only car to allow brake caliper paint.
Subaru and Tomahawk S are the only cars to allow wheel paint.
10 cars allow body paint.
Mercedes AMG VGT is the only car to allow power and body tuning parts.
5 cars are restricted to only adjusting brake balance, power limiter, and ballast.

There are also a few other facts that you did not mention:

Number of manufactures which weren't initially a part of the project, but added their cars to it: 2 manufactures Chaparral, Bugatti;

Number of lost manufacturers which are not going to complete their cars: Alfa Romeo, Bertone. (R.I.P.)

Not much, but there you go. Of course, both these facts of mine can be subjected to change, so who knows...?

Mini weren't part of the initial release either were they? D

But they did join a later stage before teasing, correct? Somewhere after Alfa Romeo's demise, I believe... Chaparral and Bugatti started teasing their cars even before officializing their entry into the project.

Possible theory why Alfa Romeo withdrew some time ago from the Vision project is that they might've needed the assistance of Bertone (considering that quite a lot of Alfa Romeo cars were designed by Bertone) and since Bertone were dead by the time they withdrew, not only that Bertone themselves can't make their own Vision car, but they will never be able to assist Alfa Romeo with the design of their possible Vision car.

I could be a bit wrong with that, though.

Possible theory why Alfa Romeo withdrew some time ago from the Vision project is that they might've needed the assistance of Bertone (considering that quite a lot of Alfa Romeo cars were designed by Bertone) and since Bertone were dead by the time they withdrew, not only that Bertone themselves can't make their own Vision car, but they will never be able to assist Alfa Romeo with the design of their possible Vision car.

I could be a bit wrong with that, though.

Yes, I'd say that while that theory would be sound, it's most likely to be wrong; most VGT cars (if not all) are designed by each brand's in-house design studios, and even the Alfa was to be designed by the Centre Stile division of Alfa Romeo, therefore proving that the 6C Biposto would also be an in-house effort.
Bertone simply pulled away, I believe, due to the demise of the original company and the fact that the Urano's main designer, Guilio Pastrani, was no longer a Bertone employee and did not work for "new Bertone" (aka Bertone Design, the company which rose from the ashes of original Bertone). Not to mention that Bertone Design was no longer a car design company, but rather a company which created designs for buildings and high-speed trains. Why did their car stood for so long in both the ingame and the GT website's VGT section? God only knows...

Here's the 6C Biposto's picture, taken from the original VGT presentation trailer; notice the Centro Stile nametag on the upper-left corner of the picture:

Alfa 6C.png

We've had:

2 Hatchbacks
2 different Gran Touring Supercars
4 Hypercars
3 Futuristic LMP racecars
1 Superlight Track car
3 GT Racecars
1 Experimental Machine
1 Roadster Supercar
3 Track Supercars
1 Experimental Racecar
Good call. 👍
I got so blinkered with looking at numbers that I didn't even consider the type/style of cars.

Here's one more I should have included.
Of the 18 companies to reveal their VGT's, 9 of them have created full-size models.
Mercedes, Volkswagen, Nissan, Aston, Chaparral, Infiniti, Alpine, Bugatti, and Hyundai.
(If you include the Mazda on the Goodwood statue, then that makes 10.)

Yes, I did notice that after staring at the pictures more carefully. That's another first for a VGT car, I reckon; I don't remember a car with a hologram acting as its front grille...

In the meantime, here are the official unveiling pictures of the remaining colors for Bugatt's own VGT project, as well as its video trailer;

i1z8CMu0omU9kuB.jpg

i1h8XOw4KP9MMEE.jpg

i1jdxsOPPK9EG8c.jpg

i1GRfeFM359cG8E.jpg

Oh, and the trailer's beginning is so cheesy it's absolutely hilarious. Does the VAG group have a penchant to do video comedy? Because if so, they did a tremendous job, I couldn't contain my laughter during the early portions of the video, hahaha. :lol:👍

Edit: In related VGT news, it seems that Interallied is not done with VGT scale models. A little image has popped up in their Facebook page...

12022507_1253566431336390_1490294329225780938_o.jpg

Not my personal favorite car, but it's cool to hear that it will have a scale model.

My lord I so want that Bugatti VGT in Carbon Fiber. :eek:

Back