The Warriors

  • Thread starter Thread starter McLaren
  • 15 comments
  • 910 views

McLaren

Premium
Messages
46,773
United States
Texas
Ah, The Warriors. After seeing the game which I haven't played, looked like a break away from everything else inspired me to check out the movie.

WARNING: Possible Spoilers!












The Warriors begins with the gang heading towards the Bronx to hear Cyrus' announcement to all the gangs of New York. Cyrus begins with a speech to unite the gangs of New York, and rule the city. His speech is ended after 3 minutes with a gun shot which soon afterwards the police arrive causing a scramble. The Warriors are soon blamed by a rival gang causing the a report to go out on them.
Their leader is soon taken by Cyrus' gang and is the last of him...(sadly)

The movie was not too bad. There was a great deal of fighting though the movie was based on their journey.

From a run-in of baseball bat wielding furies to a group of women called Lizzies.
My favorite character in the movie was Cochise just because of his appearence.

The gang does lose some of its members though. The only thing that was disappointing was the end battle between the Warriors and the Rogues. I won't give away the plot, but its really disappointing for me.

Anyways, the movie was pretty good.
8.8/10. Some disappointing scenes, some fights weren't the biggest thing expected. Some ok twists. Its a good movie in general, and should definately be checked out or rented just to see it.
 
This movie is a classic, with no-name actors. Did you recognize the voice of the radio DJ chic? Sadly, she died about a year ago, but she was the black chic from Where In The World is Carmen San Diego? TV show.
 
I've got this on DVD, not watched it in a while though, I liked the public toilet fight, the way they all kicked the doors open.
 
Solid Lifters
This movie is a classic, with no-name actors. Did you recognize the voice of the radio DJ chic? Sadly, she died about a year ago, but she was the black chic from Where In The World is Carmen San Diego? TV show.
I recognized her voice.

It seems Ajex's actor has done quite a few movies though.
 
I recognised her voice, too! Thanks for that SL!

I watched the movie around 5 months ago, after hearing that there was going to be a game remake. It was recommended to me by a friend, so I checked it out. I actually enjoyed it, and I want to buy it on DVD. The only problems in the movie were the fight scenes, which lacked excitement and action. But somehow, the movie just seems to take your interest, and you enjoy it. The end, however, like Mclaren said, is quite a disappointment, and you get left with a feeling of "was that the end?".

I'm interested to know what the game is like. I haven't heard much about it, and I might check out a bit of information on it.
 
I am sure i will get a lot of stick for this, but i think the warriors is one of the most over-hyped and boring films ever.
I was forced to watch this after my mum said it was ultra violent & full of swearing (for its day) and it being one of her fav films.
This is how "ultraviolent" this film is, its now a 15 and says "moderate" violence! hahaha!
I then had to watch it again on DVD and its just as bad, maybe slightly better as its re-mastered.
I just dont see the big deal. People slag off films for having little to no plot, what and this does?? Lots of gangs meet up, one of them gets framed & they run away & get in a few rubbish looking fights.

Maybe for an older generation this is good, but i am young ish & it is just bad/boring.
Bring on the critiscm!!

PS - i cant wait for the remake, Tony Scott (aparently) doing it! should be great
 
the movie wasn't all No names, Ajax has since had a good acting career.

This movie was great, the game did it absolutely no justice. The game made the movie look rediculous. It's sad that so many kids are going to remember the movie because of the game, instead of because of a great movie.
 
Aren't there some wicked screw ups in this movie too ? One of the characters gets called my his real name, not his character name, and some of the film crew can be seen in a few background shots...
 
TwinTurboJay
Aren't there some wicked screw ups in this movie too ? One of the characters gets called my his real name, not his character name, and some of the film crew can be seen in a few background shots...
I wouldn't doubt it. It wasn't a well made movie. No-name actors, plus low budget, plus young inexperienced director equals badly made movie.

No-name actor = An actor who has not made a name for him/herself.

It doesn't mean they haven't worked again in movies. Who knows 'Ajax' by his real name, and instantly recognizes what films he's been in? He's still a 'no-name' actor despite being in over twenty movies.
 
TwinTurboJay
Aren't there some wicked screw ups in this movie too ? One of the characters gets called my his real name, not his character name, and some of the film crew can be seen in a few background shots...
There's a bunch. I saw a list and just had to watch it again to see them. Many cameramen mess ups.

The game differs so much from what I hear, though I hear its ok.

And yes, the actor, David (The Rogues' leaded) is called.
Director: "David, action."
David: Oh Warriors, come out and play.

Yeah, but its still a good movie. And they're remaking it? NO, please no. NO more remakes.

Next thing you know, they'll be remaking Scarface.
 
McLaren F1GTR
There's a bunch. I saw a list and just had to watch it again to see them. Many cameramen mess ups.

The game differs so much from what I hear, though I hear its ok.

And yes, the actor, David (The Rogues' leaded) is called.
Director: "David, action."
David: Oh Warriors, come out and play.

Yeah, but its still a good movie. And they're remaking it? NO, please no. NO more remakes.

Next thing you know, they'll be remaking Scarface.

Well they're doing "Scarface's rise to power" again...Carlito's way..WITH P.DIDDY!!!
w00t...

BTW
James Remar - Ajax does have great career
71 films and over 30 TV cameo's

Michael beck - Swan over 25 films

David harris - Cochise over 25 films

David Patrick Kelly - Luther(rogue's leader) has been in over 30 films...

No they're not SUPERSTARS...

but they sure as hell arn't no names
 
James Remar was in Blade Trinity, played one of the agents in 2 Fast 2 Furious, What Lies Beneath, Psycho, Mortal Kombat 2 as Rayden and Fatal Instinct. David Patrick Kelly was in The Longest Yard, K-PAX, The Last Man Standing, The Crow, Malcolm X, Commando and Dreamscape. I thought I knew both of those names. They aren't A-list stars, but they aren't nobodies. But whether they were big names or not is beside the point.
555
I am sure i will get a lot of stick for this, but i think the warriors is one of the most over-hyped and boring films ever.
I was forced to watch this after my mum said it was ultra violent & full of swearing (for its day) and it being one of her fav films.
This is how "ultraviolent" this film is, its now a 15 and says "moderate" violence! hahaha!
I then had to watch it again on DVD and its just as bad, maybe slightly better as its re-mastered.
I just dont see the big deal. People slag off films for having little to no plot, what and this does?? Lots of gangs meet up, one of them gets framed & they run away & get in a few rubbish looking fights.

Maybe for an older generation this is good, but i am young ish & it is just bad/boring.
Bring on the critiscm!!
What criticism? It's your opinion. It admittedly was a badly made and directed film, but it's a cult classic in a way. I though Mad Max was rubbish, but that is a critically acclaimed cult hit. It all comes down to the time it came out, and the entertainment value. Despite the mess-ups here and there, the movie managed to keep me quite entertained. I'm a fan of older movies around the 70's era, so I seem to be able to appreciate them.
 
I used to love the Mad Max films, I watched Mad Max 2 a month or so ago, my how it's aged. I'd have rathered to have not re-watched it and rembembered it for being so good iwhich it was in its day.
 
Driftster
James Remar - Ajax does have great career
71 films and over 30 TV cameo's

Michael beck - Swan over 25 films

David harris - Cochise over 25 films

David Patrick Kelly - Luther(rogue's leader) has been in over 30 films...

No they're not SUPERSTARS...

but they sure as hell arn't no names

You know, it was just yesterday, when I said to my wife,
"Hun, we gotta go see a James Remar movie!"
And she said,
"Who?"
I said,
"Exactly."

"No..."
I said to her.
"...we should go see a David Harris movie."
She said,
"Who?"
I said,
"Exactly."

"Nah, nah, nah... I'll tell ya who we should go see."
She said,
"Who?"
I said,
"Michael Beck!"
She asked,
"What movie was he in?"
I said,
"Oh, you know the one... that was released in the movie theater."
She said,
"No, no I don't."
I said,
"Exactly."
 
It was on a cable channel last week. I briefly turned it on just in time for the fight in the rest room.

Full swings with baseball bats and somehow there were no fatalities, or even serious injuries? Yeah, right. What a farce.

I turned it off after that and have no interest in seeing any more of it...
 
Zardoz
It was on a cable channel last week. I briefly turned it on just in time for the fight in the rest room.

Full swings with baseball bats and somehow there were no fatalities, or even serious injuries? Yeah, right. What a farce.

I turned it off after that and have no interest in seeing any more of it...

You've obviously never been hit with a bat..

Since when are bruised/cracked ribs fatal injuries?

and from what I saw that gigantic gash on swans face.....kinda serious doncha think?



And as I said..They arn't SUPERSTARS..but they arn't no-names..
just because you're so tempted to see movies based on what actors are in them doesn't mean the rest of the cinematic world does to.
 
Back