The Weather Map

• Thread starter Timugen
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
GTP_Timugen
Am I missing something, or is the weather map completely useless? I watch it in races in which weather will be an issue, but it never shows approaching weather; nothing shows up on it until it's already raining on me. Obviously I watch the sky as well, but there are times where it looks like there is impending rain, but nothing happens for several laps (all the while the weather map is blank) then AFTER it starts raining the map shows something. Unless I have something askew in settings somewhere it would appear this function is absolutely useless. Thoughts?

Last edited:
It does zoom in and out, with the same common up/down adjustments as the rest of the MFD.

Evidently I've been too busy hanging on for dear life to notice the notches indicating it's adjustable :lol:
😂

In the current way that rain weather is being implemented (sped up by a multiple time factor), the radar is next to useless, with 10-20 seconds of rain covering a distance of 30 miles on the radar, there's no time to pre-plan a pit stop, the rain needs to be slowed down for endurance races, so that it takes at least a couple of laps from when you first see the rain on the radar at it's furthest extent to when it arrives. The purpose of a radar is to give early warning, this ones not doing it.

Latest Posts

Back