The Weight of Cars, Kerb or Normal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlphaAndius
  • 5 comments
  • 675 views
Messages
282
Guatemala
Guatemala City,
Messages
forandypand@hotmail.com
Weight, being a highly important factor in cars, no doubt it is a most important factor in the GT universe.

However, being somewhat a neophyte petrolhead, I have come to realize the distinction between the normal weight of the car (no gas, passanger, or essential stuff) and it's kerb weight (the opposite of the former).

2 Questions I have though. In the profile of the cars presented in the GT5, is the normal or kerb weight being presented (my attempts to compare the weights of the real cars have been somewhat futile, as I keep coming across the variants of many of those cars. :indiff: )

In Endurance races, does the depletion of gasoline make your car a bit lighter like it happens with real cars?
 
I think there is no exact answer, it seems like a mixbag in some cars. Some specs meet the dry weight, some others the kerb/curb weight.
 
Mmhhh, I was beginning to suspect such a thing. A pity, would loved to know the precise answer for each car. (I am that much of a nitpicker with details :P )
 
What you call "normal" weight is usually called "dry", as it's without fluids and all that.

Other than that, as dark_ruffo said, it depends on the car sadly.
 
I just wonder if some standard cars are more realistic in that way then premium cars. They shouldn't be but who knows.
 
I just wonder if some standard cars are more realistic in that way then premium cars. They shouldn't be but who knows.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. There are plenty of errors on the premiums.
 
Back