The World's Most Okay Tour - Blue Moon Bay 150 Miles (20 Oct 2019)

Discussion in 'GTS Online Racing & Leagues' started by Mistah_MCA, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

Lobby is open! CODE: 0475-4154-3593-5785-4788

bmb_150_miles.jpg

The World's Most Okay Tour presents: Blue Moon Bay 150 Miles! Reminisce in the good days from Gran Turismo 3's Super Speedway event, but with a Blue Moon Bay twist!
    Formerly known as "The Super Casual Series"

WHEN:
    The race will take place on Sunday, 20 October 2019, at 5 P.M Pacific Time.

In-game time will be 13:00 - Fine Weather.

HOW TO ENTER:
    Interested in entering? Comment with your PSN name on this thread.

CARS ALLOWED:
    Group 3 cars are allowed. BOP will be on.

TUNING:
    Tuning will be prohibited.

TIRES AND FUEL:
    Everyone will be on Racing Medium tires. Fuel will be at x2, Tires will be at x8.

QUALIFYING:
    The practice session's best times will determine the starting positions. Fastest times will start towards the front.

THE RACE:
    This will be an actual race that will be set to 76 laps on the original Blue Moon Bay layout.
    This also means that if you lose connection, you will unfortunately not be able to re-enter the race (unless if PD somehow fixes this by the time the race starts).
    The race will last about 1 hour.

We will be doing a rolling start.

RECORDING/STREAMING THE RACE:
    It's allowed. :)

ETIQUETTE:
    Intentionally colliding with other players is not allowed. If a collision occurs to where the receiver loses control, the player that initiated the collision must slow down in a safe area and let the other player pass them.
    Bump drafting is allowed.

Ghosting of lapped cars will be OFF, so please be respectful to those who are passing!

LIVERIES:
    As long as it's appropriate, liveries are allowed.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
    Slipstream: Real
    Visible Damage: On
    Mechanical Damage: Light
    Initial fuel: Default
    Grip on Track Edge: Real
    Overtake System: Default
    Power and Weight limits (Min and Max): No Limit
    Ghosting During Race: Weak
    Shortcut Penalty: Weak
    Wall Collision Penalty: Time Penalty (Weak)
    Side Contact Penalty: On
    Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: On
    Replace Cars When They Leave The Track: Off
    Flag Rules: On
    Ghost-Lapped Cars: Off
    Countersteer Assist: No Limit
    Active Stability Management: No Limit
    Traction Control: No Limit
    Driving Line Assist: No Limit
    ABS: No Limit
    Auto-Drive: Prohibited

FUTURE EVENTS:
    gts_gta_teaser.jpg
    Grand Theft Auto V (Cars that appear in Grand Theft Auto V/Online) - TBA
    1 Hour of LeMans (No Chicane, Group C only) - TBA
    Godzilla - Nissan Skyline (R32-34) - TBA
    10 Second Car - Toyota Supra (1988, 1997, 2019 models only) - TBA
    Venom - Dodge Viper (Road cars) - TBA
    Evolution - McLaren F1, F1 GTR, P1 GTR - TBA

I also take suggestions from you all! :)

PAST EVENTS:
    20190611220909.jpg

2.4 Hours of Le Mans (16 June 2019)
    - WINNERS: SvennoJ (Overall, Gr. 1 w/ 42 laps), FasterTaco (Gr. 3 w/ 35 laps)

20190617151711.jpg
    2.4h of Nurburgring 24h (30 June 2019) - WINNERS: SvennoJ (Overall, Gr. 3), Invisigoth (Gr. 4)

1hr_bathurst_2019.jpg
    1 Hour of Mount Panorama - WINNERS: AMS_Dezcom (1st), OR_FoPo (2nd), bdubclub (3rd)

1hr_goodwood_2019.jpg
    1 Hour of Goodwood

20m_a51_2019.jpg
    Area 51 Raid

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    DelboyD, Dezcom, JEverettL and 3 others like this.
  2. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

WAITLIST:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Qyn, Sven Jurgens and Pigems like this.
  3. freed505

freed505

i want to join gr.4 my id is "fastertaco"

Qyn and Mistah_MCA like this.
  4. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

Awesome, you're in! I will send you a message on PSN with the lobby code when I open the lobby :)

freed505 likes this.
  5. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Awesome!!! 5 pm pst is 8 pm est correct? So that means I can join!

GR.1 for me pls, The R92CP to be specific :)

PSN SvennoJ

Pigems and Mistah_MCA like this.
  6. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

Yep!
    Awesome, I'll have you entered for Gr. 1! :)
    I will send you the lobby code when I open the lobby.

Pigems and Sven Jurgens like this.
  7. Pigems

Pigems Premium

This is tempting, I was practicing for a 2.4h Le Mans race that was supposed to be held tomorrow, but it ended up getting cancelled. It’s pretty convenient that another one just popped up on the same day. :)

How does the tuning work? I just want to make sure I understand it properly. You can max out power and minimize weight, but you can’t tune anything else?

8. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

You have until either the lobby fills up or the race starts, whichever comes first haha.

Yeah so the quick tune (changing weight and power) is something I can't prohibit unless if I have BoP on. Since this is a multi-class race, I can't turn BoP on.
    The only Tuning option that the game lets me prohibit for this specific race is the detailed tuning; so suspension, downforce, top speed, etc.

Pigems likes this.
  9. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Bump drafting allowed? How about pushing a GR.4 car up to R92CP max speed on the straight :)

No worries I'll behave, I only hit Pigems err I mean pigeons :mischievous: I've never driven the R92CP with max power and min weight, I wonder how fast it goes and where the stock gears max out on the straight. Perhaps it's better to leave it stock, more power more fuel consumption. Less weight is always good though.

Car ready :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Mistah_MCA and Pigems like this.
  10. freed505

freed505

ill be streaming the race on my twitch (freed505) to keep track of the laps and if anyone wanna join and watch

edit:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Pigems, DesertPenguin and Mistah_MCA like this.
  11. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

e- removed

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Pigems likes this.
  12. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Many thanks for this great event! Awesome host!

No disconnects, didn't hit anyone, only killed myself twice.

[​IMG]
    Lap 3 I wasn't sure if we were qualifying or if the race had started proper :) Hence I was following your ghosted car while you were typing info for the late comers. I didn't plan my pit stops out very well, only stretched fuel a bit to make it 10 laps per tank, then wasn't sure whether I needed 2 or 3 laps at the countdown, it came down to 20 seconds for a 43rd lap.

Too bad I forgot to set the clip length to 1 hour and forgot to save the replay at the first pit stop, I have 90 minutes of random footage. Next time I'll be more prepared.

I sorted through it anyway, here's some clips from my point of view, including a nice battle with @Mistah_MCA. Ultimately the top speed of the R92CP won out. And at 8:15 is my best lap of 3:15.407.

13. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

Thread updated with new event: 2.4 hours of Nurburgring 24h! Check the first post for more info. :)

Pigems likes this.
  14. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

:D:D:D GR.3 pls!!! Hmm Lexus or Vette, Lexus or Vette, dunno yet!

I guess I'll go test out which one lines ends up the best on x2 fuel. How many laps per tank, this is going to be awesome!

Pigems and Mistah_MCA like this.
  15. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

Signed you up! :D
    I'm thinking about being in the N class, and hopefully I won't regret it lol.

Qyn, Pigems and Sven Jurgens like this.
  16. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

It should be fine unless you go on sports tires. Just be careful not to take off at Flugplatz :lol:

Qyn, Pigems and Mistah_MCA like this.
  17. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

I was messing with the min and max tire settings, and apparently, you can't have Sports and Racing (unless if the limit is off). Interesting. I'll likely go with Racing Hards in this one.

Qyn, Pigems and Sven Jurgens like this.
  18. Qyn

Qyn

:censored:! That's the wife's birthday :lol:. Looks like I'll have to catch you guys another time. Great set up though :tup:

Mistah_MCA likes this.
  19. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

Have her join you in the race! :lol: Have a good time! I'll have something a little further down the line. :)

20. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

As I read it, 5pm PST Sunday is 11am Monday AEST. I think I can make it, with the Gr4 'vette. Just leave power/weight at 100% yeh?

PSN In-visigoth

Qyn, Sven Jurgens and Mistah_MCA like this.
  21. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

I'll have you noted down. :)

Yep! 100 weight and power.

Qyn and Sven Jurgens like this.
  22. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Ooh, I finally get to see you on track!! Epic race coming up :cheers:

Qyn likes this.
  23. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

I expect you will. Your arrival will be heralded by blue flags telling me to get outta your way as you lap me :lol:. @Mistah_MCA , you sure you can't add dirt tyres as an option? I have a feeling I'm gonna need them :p.

Mistah_MCA and Sven Jurgens like this.
  24. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

I did a first test with similar settings in a custom race starting last.
    [​IMG]
    Running 4 laps to see how far fuel goes at full power. 4 laps in the Lexus, can stretch it to 5 with short shifting. The Lexus is actually slower without bop (bop is 102% power) The soft tires make up for it and I smashed my qualifying time from the M6 by 2 seconds. The pro AI is still incapable of maintaining pace, but it's a decent estimate for passing Gr.4 and Nxxx classes. Tire wear is no problem, the missing shadows I used for brake points did need a bit of adjusting :)

Lexus will need 3 pit stops, 2 stints with fuel saving, 2 flat out, 18 laps total.

Now only 34 other cars to test lol!

Mistah_MCA and Qyn like this.
  25. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA Premium

I don't think I can :lol:

Sven Jurgens likes this.
  26. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Le Mans GR.C has been bopped so bad I'm just sitting duck in the R92CP. So I went back to the Nurb and tested some more cars with stock settings. Pretty fun to see how the cars compare without BOP.

Best lap time and number of laps in FM1 while driving flat out.

8:09.067 3.8 laps BMW M6 Walkenhorst
    8:10.068 4.0 laps Mercedes AMG
    8:13.555 4.2 laps Mercedes SLS AMG
    8:14.239 4.1 laps BMW Z4
    8:15.784 4.6 laps Porsche 911
    8:17.196 4.4 laps Lexus RC F '17
    8:20.448 3.6 laps Corvette
    8:21.419 4.2 laps BMW M3

I'll add to this when I have time. Sorry to disappoint you @Invisigoth but the Vette will need a lot of pit time, worst on fuel so far. It's fun to drive though, easy to catch slides and begs to go sideways through corners. It's a rally car!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Mistah_MCA likes this.
  27. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Gr3 or Gr4? I usually find that big lazy V8 short shifts fairly easily for economy.

28. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

I'm testing GR.3. The Corvette was easy to short shift last week to make it. GR.4 might have better fuel economy.

According to the fuel economy thread
    GR.3 Chevrolet Corvette C7
    ~166.5km
    GR.4 Chevrolet Corvette C7
    ~202.2km

GR.4 might win from GR.3 by needing one less pit stop. I should check how much time a pit stop takes as well!

Here's my comparison, ran a GR.4 race against GR.3 this morning. Still won comfortably but it took until lap 3 to take fist place to win with 20 sec lead.

8:20.448 3.6 laps Corvette C7 GR.3
    8.38.453 4.0 laps Corvette C7 GR.4

On stock settings without drafting at FM1 full out, 18 sec per lap slower in GR.4
    It is possible to stretch fuel to 5 laps in the Vette GR.4 and at most you'll need 17 laps at that pace. 3 pit stops should do it with one fuel save stint.

In the Vette GR.3 you need to save to push 4 laps out of it, just a bit should be enough but making 5 laps would be a stretch, so an extra pit stop is likely needed. A pit stop doesn't take 4x18 seconds though.

How long does a pit stop take in a lobby practice race, next thing to find out. 10x fuel consumption already needs quite a bit of fuel saving to make one lap in the GR.3 Vette :lol:

A pit stop with tire change and complete refill in practice run takes 42 seconds.
    Pit stop with only tire change is 24 seconds, 18 seconds to fill her up.
    (A tire change costs 2.6 seconds)

The race has 144 minutes

3 pit stops in the GR.4 Vette has at best 17 laps, perhaps 16 depending on how much stretching 4 to 5 laps costs. 16.4 laps taking 8:40 laps as an average.

5 pit stops in the GR.3 Vette still makes it 17 laps, 16.7 to be exact taking 8:25 laps as an average.

It's not far off thanks to the long pit stops, but GR.3 should still out pace GR.4 with 2 extra pit stops. The GR.4 version sits way better in the corners with stock gears though, especially in the long twisty bit. The GR.3 version has many moments where you hit the rev limiter right before the braking point while the GR.4 version has many corners at optimal rpm.

Sarthe isn't holding my interest very well this week, can you tell :lol:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Mistah_MCA likes this.
  29. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens Premium

Doh messed up the Ferrari test

8:10.985 3.6 laps Ferrari 458 Italia (with crashing, opt 7:57)

Top speed of 298 kph on the straights and took flight at Flugplatz, that should have told me something was very wrong.
    Yep, thing was set to max power and minimum weight :banghead: Scary fast and bad on fuel.
    Redo later, and glad it should be more manageable at stock settings.

No new Ferrari test yet, people talking about changes in fuel efficiency had me worried so I retested the Lexus:
    8.17.309 best lap, 4.3 laps fuel estimated. Same ball park, no (big) change.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  30. Invisigoth

Invisigoth

What's the go if the phone rings or someone comes to the door and you can't get to the pits? Pull off onto the grass with the nose against the wall so it doesn't roll with hazzards on?