The World's Most Okay Tour - Laguna Seca 200 Miles (31 Dec. 2019, 12PM PST)

• Thread starter Mistah_MCA
  • 391 comments
United States
California, USA
Mistah_MCA
laguna_seca_200_2019.jpg

The World's Most Okay Tour presents: Laguna Seca 200 Miles! A tribute to the famous event that first appeared in Gran Turismo 2, but with a contemporary Super GT twist!
Formerly known as "The Super Casual Series"

WHEN:
The race will take place on Tuesday, 31 December 2019, at 12:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time (UTC -8). The lobby will open 15-30 minutes before the race starts.

In-game time will be 12:00 - Fine Weather.

HOW TO ENTER:
Interested in entering? Comment with your PSN name on this thread.

CARS ALLOWED:
Group 2 cars are allowed. BOP will be on.

TUNING:
Tuning will be prohibited.

TIRES AND FUEL:
Everyone will be on Racing Medium tires. Fuel will be at x3, Tires will be at x3.

QUALIFYING:
The practice session's best times will determine the starting positions. Fastest times will start towards the front.

THE RACE:
This will be an actual race that will be set to 90 laps at Weathertech Raceway Laguna Seca.
This also means that if you lose connection, you will unfortunately not be able to re-enter the race (unless if PD somehow fixes this by the time the race starts).
The race will last about 2 hours.

We will be doing a grid start (false start check will not be used). This way, the chance of the Auto Drive bug is hopefully reduced/eliminated.

RECORDING/STREAMING THE RACE:
It's allowed. :)

ETIQUETTE:
Intentionally colliding with other players is not allowed. If a collision occurs to where the receiver loses control, the player that initiated the collision must slow down in a safe area and let the other player pass them.

Ghosting of lapped cars will be OFF, so please be respectful to those who are passing!

LIVERIES:
As long as it's appropriate, liveries are allowed.

INFO ABOUT RESULTS:
I take part in these races as well, but to avoid conflict of interest, I remove myself from the final results. For example, if I finish in 2nd, everyone behind that is bumped up one position, so 3rd place is now 2nd, 4th is now 3rd, etc.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
Slipstream: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Initial fuel: Default
Grip on Track Edge: Real
Overtake System: Default
Power and Weight limits (Min and Max): No Limit
Ghosting During Race: Weak
Shortcut Penalty: Weak
Wall Collision Penalty: Time Penalty (Weak)
Side Contact Penalty: On
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: On
Replace Cars When They Leave The Track: Off
Flag Rules: On
Ghost-Lapped Cars: Off
Countersteer Assist: No Limit
Active Stability Management: No Limit
Traction Control: No Limit
Driving Line Assist: No Limit
ABS: No Limit
Auto-Drive: Prohibited

PAST EVENTS IN 2019:
20190611220909.jpg
2.4 Hours of Le Mans (16 June 2019)
- WINNERS: SvennoJ (Overall, Gr. 1 w/ 42 laps), FasterTaco (Gr. 3 w/ 35 laps)

20190617151711.jpg
2.4h of Nurburgring 24h (30 June 2019) - WINNERS: SvennoJ (Overall, Gr. 3), Invisigoth (Gr. 4)

1hr_bathurst_2019.jpg
1 Hour of Mount Panorama - WINNERS: AMS_Dezcom (1st), OR_FoPo (2nd), bdubclub (3rd)

1hr_goodwood_2019.jpg
1 Hour of Goodwood

20m_a51_2019.jpg
Area 51 Raid

bmb_150_miles.jpg
Blue Moon Bay 150 Miles -
WINNERS: Oldtimer01 (1st), MrQ41 (2nd), MoparSRT (3rd)

laguna_seca_200_2019.jpg
200 Miles of Laguna Seca - WINNERS: PHX-Ethan (1st), Lorenzo02430 (2nd), jakeandharry (3rd)

Last edited:
This is tempting, I was practicing for a 2.4h Le Mans race that was supposed to be held tomorrow, but it ended up getting cancelled. It’s pretty convenient that another one just popped up on the same day. :)

How does the tuning work? I just want to make sure I understand it properly. You can max out power and minimize weight, but you can’t tune anything else?

This is tempting, I was practicing for a 2.4h Le Mans race that was supposed to be held tomorrow, but it ended up getting cancelled. It’s pretty convenient that another one just popped up on the same day. :)

How does the tuning work? I just want to make sure I understand it properly. You can max out power and minimize weight, but you can’t tune anything else?
You have until either the lobby fills up or the race starts, whichever comes first haha.

Yeah so the quick tune (changing weight and power) is something I can't prohibit unless if I have BoP on. Since this is a multi-class race, I can't turn BoP on.
The only Tuning option that the game lets me prohibit for this specific race is the detailed tuning; so suspension, downforce, top speed, etc.

Bump drafting allowed? How about pushing a GR.4 car up to R92CP max speed on the straight :)

No worries I'll behave, I only hit Pigems err I mean pigeons :mischievous: I've never driven the R92CP with max power and min weight, I wonder how fast it goes and where the stock gears max out on the straight. Perhaps it's better to leave it stock, more power more fuel consumption. Less weight is always good though.

Car ready :)
8a0d.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks for this great event! Awesome host!

No disconnects, didn't hit anyone, only killed myself twice.

5t0d.jpg

Lap 3 I wasn't sure if we were qualifying or if the race had started proper :) Hence I was following your ghosted car while you were typing info for the late comers. I didn't plan my pit stops out very well, only stretched fuel a bit to make it 10 laps per tank, then wasn't sure whether I needed 2 or 3 laps at the countdown, it came down to 20 seconds for a 43rd lap.

Too bad I forgot to set the clip length to 1 hour and forgot to save the replay at the first pit stop, I have 90 minutes of random footage. Next time I'll be more prepared.

I sorted through it anyway, here's some clips from my point of view, including a nice battle with @Mistah_MCA. Ultimately the top speed of the R92CP won out. And at 8:15 is my best lap of 3:15.407.

View attachment 830121

The Super Casual Series presents: The 2.4 Hours of Nurburgring 24h! Get your headlights ready! :D

WHEN:
Sunday, 30 June, 2019. Practice lobby starts at 4PM PST. Race starts at 5PM PST.

Time of day (in-game) is set to 22:30 - Clear.

HOW TO ENTER:
Reply to this thread with the following:
1. Your PSN Name (so I can message you the lobby code when I open it)
2. The class you are interested in.
3. If choosing N class, the car you will be entering in (ignore if choosing Gr. 3 or 4).

Note: You can change classes until the race starts, just let me know beforehand!

CARS ALLOWED:
There will be three car classes: Gr. 3, Gr. 4, and specific N cars.
Any car from Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 classes are allowed.
The following N cars are allowed:
Ford Mustang GT Fastback '15 (N 400, FR)
-
Honda Civic Type R '15 (N300, FF)
-
KTM X-BOW R '12 (N 300, MR)
-
Lexus RC F '14 (N 500, FR)
-
Porsche 911 GT3 RS '16 (991) (N500, RR)
-
Renault Sport CLIO R.S. 220 EDC Trophy '15 (N200, FF)
Renault Sport CLIO R.S. 220 EDC Trophy '16 (N200, FF)
Renault Sport MEGANE R.S. Trophy '11 (N300, FF)
-
Subaru BRZ S '15 (N200, FR)
Subaru WRX STI Type S '14 (N300, 4WD)
-
Toyota 86 GT '15 (N200, FR)
Toyota GR Supra RZ '19 (N300, FR)
-
Volkswagen Golf VII GTI '14 (N200, FF)

TUNING:
Detailed tuning is prohibited. Due to the lobby being multi-class, BoP cannot be turned on.
Leave Quick Tuning to 100% weight, 100% power.

TIRES AND FUEL:
Racing Hard, Medium, and Soft tires are allowed. Tire wear will be at x1.
Fuel will be at x2.

"QUALIFYING:"
If you even want to call it that. Before the race starts, cars will line up at the grid in the following order (front to back): Gr. 3, Gr. 4, N.

THE RACE:
Since 2.4 hours can't be selected when creating the lobby, the race will be done in Free Run. This will also mean that if you lose connection, you can jump back in when you regain connection.

Every now and then, take screenshots. This will be your proof that you completed X amount of laps. This will also come in handy if you lose connection. These screenshots will need to be sent to me via the PSN Messaging system (when rejoining or when the race is finished). This will help track progress and determine the winner of the class and the overall race.

ETIQUETTE:
Simply put: Don't drive dangerously. Punting, slamming, brake checking, and shunting is not allowed. Bump drafting is okay, just know where not to do it.

If you accidentally bump someone off the track, slow down in a SAFE area and wait for them to pass you.

LIVERIES:
As long as it's appropriate, liveries are allowed. Liveries are also encouraged, especially for those entering with N cars.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
Time of day (in-game): 22:30 - Clear
Overtake System Default
Auto-Drive: No Limit

PAST EVENTS:
View attachment 827772

2.4 Hours of Le Mans (16 June 2019)
- WINNERS: SvennoJ (Overall, Gr. 1 w/ 42 laps), FasterTaco (Gr. 3 w/ 35 laps)
Hello, I'm making a 2.4 Hours of Le Mans race! This page will have all the details about the race. Want to sign up? Comment down below with the class you want (as long as there's space)!

View attachment 827772

WHEN:
Sunday, 16 June, 2019. Practice lobby starts at 4PM PST. Qualifying starts at 5PM PST, and the race will start shortly after.

CARS ALLOWED:
There will be three car classes: Gr. 1, Gr. 3, and Gr. 4 cars. All cars from those categories are allowed.

TUNING:
Quick Tuning (Power, Weight) is allowed. Detailed tuning will be prohibited. Due to it being a multi-class race, BoP will be off.

TIRES AND FUEL:
Racing Hard, Medium, and Soft tires are allowed. Tire wear will be at x2.
Fuel will be at x2.

QUALIFYING:
Two short (2 laps) races will be held, with the first one starting at 5PM PST. After the races, the starting position will be determined by the player's average finishing position. If two or more players get the same average, order will be determined by the first letter in their PSN name.
Player A finishes Race 1 in 1st place, and 3rd in Race 2. Their average position, thus their starting position, will be 2nd place.

THE RACE:
Since 2.4 hours can't be selected when creating the lobby, the race will be done in the "practice" phase (before you select Start Race). This will also mean that if you lose connection, you can jump back in when you regain connection.

We will go by the lobby time (bottom left screen). That will determine the start and end of the race.

All cars will exit the pit and go to their starting positions. Drive the opposite way/reverse to your position and hold position.

Every now and then, take screenshots. This will be your proof that you completed X amount of laps. This will also come in handy if you lose connection. These screenshots will need to be sent to me via the PSN Messaging system (when rejoining or when the race is finished). This will help track progress and determine the winner of the class and the overall race.

ETIQUETTE:
Simply put: Don't drive dangerously. Punting, slamming, brake checking, and shunting is not allowed. Bump drafting is okay, just know where not to do it.

If you accidentally bump someone off the track, slow down in a SAFE area and wait for them to pass you.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
Time of day (in-game): 15:00 - Clear
Overtake System Default
Liveries allowed (keep it Safe For Work!)
Auto-Drive: No Limit
🤬! That's the wife's birthday :lol:. Looks like I'll have to catch you guys another time. Great set up though 👍

Qyn
🤬! That's the wife's birthday :lol:. Looks like I'll have to catch you guys another time. Great set up though 👍
Have her join you in the race! :lol: Have a good time! I'll have something a little further down the line. :)

I did a first test with similar settings in a custom race starting last.
LL1d.jpg

Running 4 laps to see how far fuel goes at full power. 4 laps in the Lexus, can stretch it to 5 with short shifting. The Lexus is actually slower without bop (bop is 102% power) The soft tires make up for it and I smashed my qualifying time from the M6 by 2 seconds. The pro AI is still incapable of maintaining pace, but it's a decent estimate for passing Gr.4 and Nxxx classes. Tire wear is no problem, the missing shadows I used for brake points did need a bit of adjusting :)

Lexus will need 3 pit stops, 2 stints with fuel saving, 2 flat out, 18 laps total.

Now only 34 other cars to test lol!

Le Mans GR.C has been bopped so bad I'm just sitting duck in the R92CP. So I went back to the Nurb and tested some more cars with stock settings. Pretty fun to see how the cars compare without BOP.

Best lap time and number of laps in FM1 while driving flat out.

8:09.067 3.8 laps BMW M6 Walkenhorst
8:10.068 4.0 laps Mercedes AMG
8:13.555 4.2 laps Mercedes SLS AMG
8:14.239 4.1 laps BMW Z4
8:15.784 4.6 laps Porsche 911
8:17.196 4.4 laps Lexus RC F '17
8:20.448 3.6 laps Corvette
8:21.419 4.2 laps BMW M3

I'll add to this when I have time. Sorry to disappoint you @Invisigoth but the Vette will need a lot of pit time, worst on fuel so far. It's fun to drive though, easy to catch slides and begs to go sideways through corners. It's a rally car!

Last edited:
I'll add to this when I have time. Sorry to disappoint you @Invisigoth but the Vette will need a lot of pit time, worst on fuel so far. It's fun to drive though, easy to catch slides and begs to go sideways through corners. It's a rally car!

Gr3 or Gr4? I usually find that big lazy V8 short shifts fairly easily for economy.

Gr3 or Gr4? I usually find that big lazy V8 short shifts fairly easily for economy.

I'm testing GR.3. The Corvette was easy to short shift last week to make it. GR.4 might have better fuel economy.

According to the fuel economy thread
GR.3 Chevrolet Corvette C7
~166.5km
GR.4 Chevrolet Corvette C7
~202.2km

GR.4 might win from GR.3 by needing one less pit stop. I should check how much time a pit stop takes as well!

Here's my comparison, ran a GR.4 race against GR.3 this morning. Still won comfortably but it took until lap 3 to take fist place to win with 20 sec lead.

8:20.448 3.6 laps Corvette C7 GR.3
8.38.453 4.0 laps Corvette C7 GR.4

On stock settings without drafting at FM1 full out, 18 sec per lap slower in GR.4
It is possible to stretch fuel to 5 laps in the Vette GR.4 and at most you'll need 17 laps at that pace. 3 pit stops should do it with one fuel save stint.

In the Vette GR.3 you need to save to push 4 laps out of it, just a bit should be enough but making 5 laps would be a stretch, so an extra pit stop is likely needed. A pit stop doesn't take 4x18 seconds though.

How long does a pit stop take in a lobby practice race, next thing to find out. 10x fuel consumption already needs quite a bit of fuel saving to make one lap in the GR.3 Vette :lol:

A pit stop with tire change and complete refill in practice run takes 42 seconds.
Pit stop with only tire change is 24 seconds, 18 seconds to fill her up.
(A tire change costs 2.6 seconds)

The race has 144 minutes

3 pit stops in the GR.4 Vette has at best 17 laps, perhaps 16 depending on how much stretching 4 to 5 laps costs. 16.4 laps taking 8:40 laps as an average.

5 pit stops in the GR.3 Vette still makes it 17 laps, 16.7 to be exact taking 8:25 laps as an average.

It's not far off thanks to the long pit stops, but GR.3 should still out pace GR.4 with 2 extra pit stops. The GR.4 version sits way better in the corners with stock gears though, especially in the long twisty bit. The GR.3 version has many moments where you hit the rev limiter right before the braking point while the GR.4 version has many corners at optimal rpm.

Sarthe isn't holding my interest very well this week, can you tell :lol:

Last edited:
Doh messed up the Ferrari test

8:10.985 3.6 laps Ferrari 458 Italia (with crashing, opt 7:57)

Top speed of 298 kph on the straights and took flight at Flugplatz, that should have told me something was very wrong.
Yep, thing was set to max power and minimum weight :banghead: Scary fast and bad on fuel.
Redo later, and glad it should be more manageable at stock settings.

No new Ferrari test yet, people talking about changes in fuel efficiency had me worried so I retested the Lexus:
8.17.309 best lap, 4.3 laps fuel estimated. Same ball park, no (big) change.

Last edited:
What's the go if the phone rings or someone comes to the door and you can't get to the pits? Pull off onto the grass with the nose against the wall so it doesn't roll with hazzards on?

Back