The Worst Looking Standard Car

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
England
Doomotron
Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT Race Car.jpg

Vehicle's In-Game History:
It's first appearance was in the Japanese version of Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, and was obtainable with cheats on the American version. I never drove it in GT3, but I own it in GT5 (Albeit with some help ***ahem***G***ge E***or***ahem***)

In my opinion, it is by far the worst looking Standard car.

Why Does It Look Awful?
My best idea for what caused it's ugliness is simple: I believe that PD wanted this car back, and therefore ported it straight from GT3. None of the other Standard cars look this bad. This, in my opinion, is the only explanation.

How Is It Like To Drive?
Unlike most Lambos in this game, it is surprisingly tame, although it can get 'excited' with no Traction Control on. I am a bad driver, and I was driving with no Traction Control, and I was on Grand Valley Speedway, so I spun out a lot.

If you have any other ideas about what the worst looking Standard is, tell me.

- Doomotron

I'm sure there's a thread which extensively covers "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" of all of GT5's standards. I can't find it right now.

The Suzuki Alto Works is universally acknowledged as the worst.

I'm sure there's a thread which extensively covers "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" of all of GT5's standards. I can't find it right now.

The Suzuki Alto Works is universally acknowledged as the worst.
I'll have a look!

If I told my friend (who is also a car nut like me but plays Forza) that this car is from a 2013 video game, he'd laugh his head off.

I love GT but Polyphony really need to let go of their archivist tendencies.

I don't care of the next GT has less than 100 cars. Just choose your selection wisely, craft them with the usual care and it'll be brilliant. Numbers for numbers sake is always a bad idea.

Is it a possibility that Polyphony Digital didn't even finish this car for Gran Turismo 3?

Yes and no. Yes because it was featured in GT3 (NTSCJ only), and no because it had no manufacturer name and the model name was incorrect (This was changed when it appeared in GT5.

Back