The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,460 comments
Italy
Italy
A bit of a premise: since we're going to have 1.14 pretty soon, I thought I'd try my hand on this event without a pp exploit since I'm guessing PD will patch it in the upcoming update, but I've soon found out this race is a somewhat though nut to crack, for multiple reasons, the first being: this is a drying track. As S-10 taught, those conditions are extremely sketchy to race on, and on a track like this with fast corners (turns 3 and 4 come to mind) you can be sure that once one of your wheels slightly grazes the water, you either meet Barry R or miss him by a few millimeters. So, if you make a mistake, this track punishes you for it. Positive note, at least the track won't worsen the more time goes on.
Second, if you do meet Barry R, getting a 5 seconds penalty that can ruin your race is something you need to be careful of, especially once your tires start to wear out in the last bits of the race, or you need to overtake an ai in this narrow street circuit. I legit had to restart more than once because said penalties ruined my race, and I can tell you, throwing 20 minutes of my time out of the window was not fun. You can still win the race if you get one penalty, but you're going to have lots of traffic to deal with.
Third, unlike the WTC 800 or 700, in which the ai uses cars you can easily outpace (for example, by detuning respectively a gr.2 or gr.3 car), here your car's performance will be roughly the same as the ai's, which makes this race the most skill based imo out of all the three grind options available as of 1.13 (again, unless you are using a pp exploit, in which case this race is a cakewalk). In my case, I tuned up a widebody Corvette C7 that was sitting in my garage unused, and it turned out to be a fast car indeed for the event, but the ai was able to keep up with my pace without major problems, which was surprising to say the least. Obviously you can still overtake it easily in some spots, f.e outbreaking it on turn 1, 5, and on the last corner (turn 13 iirc) + everywhere else on the track whenever you can, but it does have pace here.
Fourth, car selection: I would usually win easily these WTC 600 events with my RCZ gr.3 road car because of its far superior handling, but on this track, handling doesn't really matter if your car if 40 km/h slower than the ai on that massive straight per lap, so I had to resort to something else, and the Corvette mentioned above was the right car for the job. Some other cars I think would be good for this race could be the Audi TTS or the Mercedes 45 AMG, but I've yet to try them (or any other 4wd car for the matter, you can never get enough grip on this track in these wet conditions).
So, yeah, overall I'd recommend everyone to give this race a try without pp exploit at least once before update 1.14, you are going to have a fun half an hour of racing and you can also prepare yourself for when the exploit will be patched to grind money on this track, hope this post was useful for some people ^_^

Last edited:
Thank you, I will jot this down or copy/paste it in a seperate e-mail as a guide for when I am ready. Yeah, we have to be prepared for what PD will do.

I love experimenting my tunes in this race. Believe it or not, I got more wins from legit 600 pp cars than the Tomahawk exploits (which I only do when I feel the need to smash the living hell out of the equally cheating AI).

Even in SH tires, it is a breeze, provided you know how to set the car right for top speed, handling, and with considerations for fuel economy.

Upon countless tests, here's what I can conclude with:

- Never use anti-lag at all. Anti-lag has an impact on fuel economy and can make or break your race especially on pit strategy.

- Patience is key. Just don't rush to get to 1st place on the early parts of the race when the surface is still wet.

- What I also see is, that the AI is pre-programmed for you to actually win. Gallo will pit twice, and so do Kokubun and Suswillo (on Lap 11, when you set a great distance from them).

- Detuned hypercars, 4WDs, and Gr. 4 cars are recommended.

A bit of a premise: since we're going to have 1.14 pretty soon, I thought I'd try my hand on this event without a pp exploit since I'm guessing PD will patch it in the upcoming update, but I've soon found out this race is a somewhat though nut to crack, for multiple reasons, the first being: this is a drying track. As S-10 taught, those conditions are extremely sketchy to race on, and on a track like this with fast corners (turns 3 and 4 come to mind) you can be sure that once one of your wheels slightly grazes the water, you either meet Barry R or miss him by a few millimeters, if you make a mistake, this track punishes you for it. Positive note, at least the track won't worsen the more time goes on.
Second, if you do meet Barry R, getting a 5 seconds penalty that can ruin your race is something you need to be careful of, especially once your tires start to wear out in the last bits of the race, or you need to overtake an ai in this narrow street circuit. I legit had to restart more than once because said penalties ruined my race, and I can tell you, throwing 20 minutes of my time out of the window was not fun. You can still win the race if you get one penalty, but you're going to have lots of traffic to deal with.
Third, unlike the WTC 800 or 700, in which the ai uses cars you can easily outpace (for example, by detuning respectively a gr.2 or gr.3 car), here your car's performance will be roughly the same as the ai's, which makes this race the most skill based imo out of all the three grind options available as of 1.13 (again, unless you are using a pp exploit, in which case this race is a cakewalk). In my case, I tuned up a widebody Corvette C7 that was sitting in my garage unused, and it turned out to be a fast car indeed for the event, but the ai was able to keep up with my pace without major problems, which was surprising to say the least. Obviously you can still overtake it easily in some spots, f.e outbreaking it on turn 1, 5, and on the last corner (turn 13 iirc) + everywhere else on the track whenever you can, but it does have pace here.
Fourth, car selection: I would usually win easily these WTC 600 events with my RCZ gr.3 road car because of its far superior handling, but on this track, handling doesn't really matter if your car if 40 km/h slower than the ai on that massive straight per lap, so I had to resort to something else, and the Corvette mentioned above was the right car for the job. Some other cars I think would be good for this race could be the Audi TTS or the Mercedes 45 AMG, but I've yet to try them (or any other 4wd car for the matter, you can never get enough grip on this track in these wet conditions).
So, yeah, overall I'd recommend everyone to give this race a try without pp exploit at least once before update 1.14, you are going to have a fun half an hour of racing and you can also prepare yourself for when the exploit will be patched to grind money on this track, hope this post was useful for some people ^_^
Did it right after it came out, and yes it was really hard. Couldnt be competitive with detuned racing cars because the AI drivers would get me in the big straight. Managed to win with subaru WRX road car. Had to go with sports tyres so I could concentrate my pp into top speed. In the last corner of the last lap, the 2nd place AI driver almost overtook me, we were basicly side by side after entering the big straight, but some odd reason he braked and letted me go. Lucky win I'd say.

Last edited:
My issue with this race is the penalties! I was making good progress then braked a little too late into the last hairpin and hit the barrier. This ‘crash’ lost me 3 or 4 places anyway plus the game gave me another 5s penalty to the one I was already carrying from glancing a wall earlier in the lap!!

This race was intimidating at first till you find a car that works and its pretty much any AWD car.

-You don't need some fancy top speed customisation.

-You don't need to worry about fuel usage, pit once and go flat out.

-AWD will help with handling, stick with sports hards.

- first lap, on straight.. rush up the far left and you can reach the leaders by the end of lap 1.

The car i used was the Audi R8, i didnt change any settings to the car like suspension, gearing.. you barely need to change **** like this to win races in this game.
Upgrade the car and add some aero dynamic parts, leave the tyres on hards, and drive flat out without hitting walls. You'll win with up to a 30sec lead, more if the Ai have a rough race.

Last edited:
Never tried, for me is Tomahawk when I'm in a hurry to grind or just go to Sardegna or Le Mans, but many people is fo d to use the Huracán Gr.4 because of the 4wd and much better fuel economy than IA road cars.
Don't have the Huracán and neither the Atenza to try and the Alfa Romeo 155, despite the 4wd, as to be too much nerfed to have competitive top speed

Does anyone feel that the Alfa Romeo 8C Competition fully tuned with a setup would be viable for this race after the PP issue is fixed.

I have one fully tuned/setup which seems to do well in the early part of the race on racing hard tyres but then my fuel strategy is about as efficient as Gallo's and I have to pit on the second last lap for a splash n dash which usually costs the race win.

Also have the Corvette C7 fully setup too but I find that car such a struggle to handle well in the 1st corner braking zone so any tune tips would be welcomed!

I’ve had a couple goes with the F430 (not completed the race yet though - see my previous post 😂. I think this car has loads of potential to win with a half decent tune as it’s very stable and on FM1 seems to have a good 10 laps in it!

Does anyone feel that the Alfa Romeo 8C Competition fully tuned with a setup would be viable for this race after the PP issue is fixed.

I have one fully tuned/setup which seems to do well in the early part of the race on racing hard tyres but then my fuel strategy is about as efficient as Gallo's and I have to pit on the second last lap for a splash n dash which usually costs the race win.

Also have the Corvette C7 fully setup too but I find that car such a struggle to handle well in the 1st corner braking zone so any tune tips would be welcomed!
My advice, try Sports hards and throw rest on power. Im fairly sure this race is too wet for slicks.
Unless im remembering wrong 🤔 havent done this race in a while.

Last edited:

For the Corvette, put all the aero components on, wide rims and sport mediums (though you need to fiddle with aero a bit to go below 600 pp), this is the setup I've used and it works really fine. As for my braking point for the first corner I usually use a puddle right before the 200 meters board if I am without slipstream.

Last edited:
I haven't bothered to buy the Tomahawk so my go to is my R34 GTR. It's a challenging race and you need to run with barely any mistakes, good fun though. Got a full race on youtube showing how a no stop strategy can win, also done like a tutorial vid on the same topic as I've seen people talking about it so much.

You can try some of the tunes in @praiano63 tuning garage. there a some specific setups for that race which are really really good.
My personal favorite is the GTR-17:

That engine sounds so amazing. Feels like you wake up every inhabitant of Tokyo when roaring through these streets in the early morning :-)

Thinking strategically is the key for this race. Most of the track can be taken flatout, so a high horsepower car will get an advantage at first. It is a 12 lap race, pit stops can change the course of the race, most stock street cars can be driven in fuel mixture 1 and will take only a single pit stop to complete the race, if the tires can endure. Using sport hard tires seems to be the best option, since they can handle wet surfaces and last more than 6 laps. After a few runs at this event we can see that this is what the AI fails to manage, they are usually on sport soft or sport medium tires, making this a 2 or even a 3 pit stop race.

Personally, I don't care about the whole Tomahawk griding thing, if I don't have enough credits to buy something, I'll just not buy it. I'd rather have fun doing other races, playing other games, than repeating the same event over and over again. But I see the point, the game economics is definitely broken. I did this race a few times with different cars (Corvette C6 Zr1, SLR McLaren, and the Subaru WRX sti are examples), had enough of it and moved on.

Last edited:
There are two WTC 600 rounds in Tokyo. Which one are you referring to? I assume you mean the one with the higher credit payout - the 12-lap one at the East course, with tire/fuel use enabled.

Appreciate the flattery, because I can win this race easily, but I'm not sure I agree. Clubman Cup Plus 550 at Tsukuba is much harder IMO if you do it with Sport Hard tires.

- What I also see is, that the AI is pre-programmed for you to actually win. Gallo will pit twice, and so do Kokubun and Suswillo (on Lap 11, when you set a great distance from them).
Gallo pits twice, but the others used not to before 1.13.

Last edited:
The 12-lap race is a breeze for me now. I know most of the tricks to beat it. 4WD, 50:50 torque distribution, stock brakes, modest downforce.

My R35 GT-R build eats everything within the first few laps on hard difficulty anymore. It can reach over 190 mph on the long straight and I can do 2:08-2:09 laps with it on a pad when the track is dry enough. I have beaten it with several other 4WD cars as well: Lancer VI, WRX STI, Audi TT, Celica, Murcielago, etc.

As mentioned earlier, the Clubman Cup Plus and Gr.1 Prototype Series events are among the hardest events. I did manage to beat the Tsukuba CC+ race on the final lap in a maxed-out Cappuccino though. Nitrous works wonders.

Last edited:
I almost only drive this track because I like the dynamic on it and because 600PP to me feels like the best point at which to decide how to tune a car instead of simply slapping everything and giving it a try.
Got my fastest time with Lancia Stratos (below 27.00 minutes), have seen someone be faster with a Mitsubishi GTO and didnt yet beat that.
Gallo will always pit twice and, Kokubun often pits twice but depending on how the race goes he may as well pass with a single pit, havent seen Suswillo pit twice, always only a single time. Sometimes also Fraga is on top 3.

The event will give you problems as long as you are not used to driving on wet and changing tracks, or when your car seriously lacks in power and has its PP only by grip, but otherwise most cars on PP600 can beat it, some of them faster, some of them slower (with a huge difference there)

the Tsukuba Clubman Plus was harder for me.

I hear that being said and I don't really understand why. The only thing that's needed to beat that race is to set the clutch to 200kmh and you're done. Did it with the WRX road car. Ran a lap or two on what I initially thought was ok gearbox but it was too long. So I set it to 200 and won easy first try. I didn't even tune the car beyond the gearbox.

this Tokyo 600 is my bread and butter, i've tuned all my cars for this race.

Yes, i have tomahawk and managed sub 16min with it, but haven't used it for quite some time since i've figured it out how to win it.

my exploit GTR goes ~24:30 and non exploit is ~27:40.

my fastest non-exploit car is F50 at ~27:19.

now i'm doing classic muscle cars but no success yet.

No exploits.

The DP-100 destroys the competition.

IMG_20220525_164623.jpg

I won this race when it came out and never touched it again because it was so hard at the time. Yesterday I tried praiano gtr17 tune and it was such an easy win. I did the le mans 800pp 30 mins instead of this one for months. I feel so stupid right now...

Back