Them there Brazilians

• Thread starter Mooch55
  • 9 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
ok, so I honestly don’t care where your from. I have online friends all over the world. But after some time in Sport mode why does it seem like in general the really dirty racer and rammers seem to be from Brazil? Is it their bad connections? The Canadians and the Americans have some rough ones too, but 9 Times out of 10 the rammer is a Brazilian. I just had a race at Blue Moon Speedway and this guy was honestly unbelievable. After the first few laps we all kinda knew to stay away from him, and I kept giving him all sorts of room but I could swear on purpose he was going out of his way to ram. Too bad they couldn’t add in like a report feature or something.

Really nice, generalizating like this. I’m Brazilian, but I race under a Canadian flag. I feel really bad when I read topics like this. Just the other day I read one of a guy complaining about an <insert adjective> Arab.

Some people assume that the flag is that person’s nationality. Even if the flag matches the player’s nationality, why are you so certain that every one with a Brazilian flag is out to get you? Maybe your diference in internet speed makes them see you in a slightly different place.
I prefer to think that’s the case, as I remember my time trying to play with Americans when I was living there.

A sweeping generalisation somewhere on this one.
Maybe if PD turned the flags off, the rammers are not exclusive by geography, also the famous Brazilian who said 'go for the gap' meant, go for the 'actual' gap, rammers go for the back of (or any part ) of the opposition's car.

In Europe I have noticed a correlation between some nationalities and the propensity to drive dirty, but that doesn't mean that others aren't capable of being idiots either.

We don't tend to have that many races with Brazilians, so I can't comment on what the OP says, but there does appear to be a different definition of 'Clean Racer' depending on which country you are from. I'm not out to name and shame which countries I have found to be worse than others, but there is definitely a correlation.

I disagree that it's as high as 9/10 of <insert nationality> being dirty, but I am more wary around said 'flags' on GT Sport.

Really nice, generalizating like this. I’m Brazilian, but I race under a Canadian flag. I feel really bad when I read topics like this. Just the other day I read one of a guy complaining about an <insert adjective> Arab.

Some people assume that the flag is that person’s nationality. Even if the flag matches the player’s nationality, why are you so certain that every one with a Brazilian flag is out to get you? Maybe your diference in internet speed makes them see you in a slightly different place.
I prefer to think that’s the case, as I remember my time trying to play with Americans when I was living there.

Agreed. I've raced with Brazilians before and had no more issues than people from any other nation.
It's quite depressing how slapping on the origin of someone's IP seems to give people the idea that xenophobia is welcome and meaningful.

I think it would be a pretty pathetic indictment on the GT community if they had to remove flags because people couldn't help themselves from being xenophobic.

Im brazilian and I had the opinion, originated from other games (specially r6 siege) that brazilian were more toxic than others...
Since Ive started playing GT Sport It has changed my PERCEPTION, the flags helped to identify that people that was dirty in my races were from everywhere, even canada (that some guys say that has more clean drivers).
And I dont play only with NA, lots of times I join lobbies from EU, and see dirty races from every country there.
People must understand that personal testimony does not make a good estatistical analysis, its an anedoctal evidence.

"OK, so I honestly don’t care where you're from. I have online friends all over the world. But after some time on GTPlanet why does it seem like in general the really bad posters and stupid people seem to be from the USA? Is it their bad education system? The Brits and the Australians have some rough ones too, but 9 times out of 10 the idiot is an American. I just read a thread in the GT Sport forum and this guy was honestly unbelievable. After the first few words we all kinda knew to stay away from him, and I kept giving him all sorts of room but I could swear on purpose he was going out of his way to be stupid. Too bad they couldn’t add in like a report feature or something."

I trust you see how that works. And now that you do, don't do it again.

And GT Sport does have a report system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back