Themed Photo Shoot by =drifting24/7= [The All-American V8!!]

Skygrasper550

Back and forth between gaming and Gunpla
Premium
Philippines
Philippines
skygrasper_550--
Hello and welcome!!

This thread is made to feature all the different kinds of cars that are included in Gran Turismo 6. What I do is organize photo shoot lobbies along with the help of GTPlanet users and other GT6 players in PSN. I will periodically post pictures here featuring cars that incorporate the theme used in the replay. So if you think you're interested and want to join in, or have some suggestion for the next theme to be used, let me know by posting in this thread.

Enough of the introductions. Have a look at the gallery below, and enjoy!!

Theme #1: The All-American V8
[Part 1] [Part 2] [Part 3]

Theme #2: *Coming Soon!!*

Last edited:
Theme #1: The All-American V8

Throughout the pages of automotive history, no engine has been arguably more popular than the V8 engine. Although it wasn't the Americans that invented a gasoline engine that consisted of 8 cylinders arranged in a V configuration (it was the French who did it), it was partly thanks to them that the engine became a popular choice for automobiles of the modern age. Ever since the 1960s when the Ford Mustang started the "pony car" trend and up until today wherein classic muscle cars are given a modern makeover, we have seen many kinds of V8s: all shapes, all sizes, and all configurations. And so, to honor them as pioneers in using the engine type for their mainstream cars, we are going to dedicate this first themed photo shoot to them. This photo shoot features American cars that come with V8 engines as standard. Enjoy!!

Note: We would like to apologize for the inconsistencies and some shortcomings in this photo shoot. Most of what we did was on the spot, we didn't manage to meet the target number of participants (the plan was 8, but we only had 7), and even then some of the participants either disconnected from the lobby or went afk. But nonetheless, we were able to finish the replay and I was able to get some pretty good shots. :D

Special Thanks to the following people for making this first photo shoot possible:

SVPSkins
(GTPlanet profile)
bran-DON10
llama_alpaka
Green_Reaper_60
stifixer
Alex_mclarenMP44

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_58_zpsqeoxenhh.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_57_zpsyztfapka.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_56_zps73p56cv2.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_55_zpsl3gnwgaa.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_54_zpsktyp7zao.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_59_zpss27ixzvi.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_53_zpsmhvhx5dh.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_52_zpsmgrmdelp.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_51_zpsbsqgpfox.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_50_zpsepwkzjed.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_49_zpsmzsdgf9u.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_48_zpssfmyjyzc.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_47_zpsmtqw1qsd.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_46_zpsmwf58qej.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_45_zpsqqlxrdjw.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_44_zpsqxxoqpl3.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_43_zpsazvfjiah.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_42_zpsfv3xkvup.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_41_zpsdxw8lzet.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_40_zpsc6ywbidb.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic pictures. Glad i could of been part of it with my Camaro =)

Love those wheels on it!

I'd actually like to take part in this... I'm good at taking and giving instructions.

A small example is given below from an all Corvette shoot I did some time back.

Mid-Field Raceway_2 (4).jpg

Love those wheels on it!

I'd actually like to take part in this... I'm good at taking and giving instructions.

A small example is given below from an all Corvette shoot I did some time back.

View attachment 400376

You want to join in? Cool :) though it will be quite some time before we get to do the next photo shoot, I still have to decide what theme to use. But I will inform you once I've organized some of the stuff to be used. And yeah, I was really planning on a fully-organized shoot, but sadly most of those that joined are random people, and I didn't want to keep them waiting so most of what we all did was on-the-spot. Still, how the shoot came out isn't really all too bad. I'm just glad we did it :)

You want to join in? Cool :) :)

A lot of it would depend on the time difference though, as I'm in Australia, but I tend to race at night to early morning...

How about Ferrari's for you next shoot? They are a rather iconic car after all!

A lot of it would depend on the time difference though, as I'm in Australia, but I tend to race at night to early morning...

Yeah I know, what I do is set a time that would allow all those who want to join to be included. I'm fairly free on weekends, unless I have to go to work. What's your GMT time zone?

How about Ferrari's for you next shoot? They are a rather iconic car after all!

I do have Ferraris in mind, but not for the next shoot. I want to do something special with them before I seriously consider using them as a theme. :P

Yeah I know, what I do is set a time that would allow all those who want to join to be included. I'm fairly free on weekends, unless I have to go to work. What's your GMT time zone?

+7:30 hours from where you are (or thereabouts)

I do have Ferraris in mind, but not for the next shoot. I want to do something special with them before I seriously consider using them as a theme. :P

Ferrari was just an idea. I have 409 cars (6 Pontiac Firebird's, 3 NASCAR's and 2 of most of the old-school muscle for cat and mouse purposes), so whatever you call for, I'll be in it!

Ferrari was just an idea. I have 409 cars (6 Pontiac Firebird's, 3 NASCAR's and 2 of most of the old-school muscle for cat and mouse purposes), so whatever you call for, I'll be in it!

+7:30? I'm at +8. I guess that won't be a problem XD only thing we need to worry now is your internet compatibility. I hope we can do a replay session with no real problems.

Same, I have about 400 cars but some of them are in the Stockyard. Alright then, I'll keep you posted :cheers:

Back