• Thread starter kolio
  • 8 comments

kolio

I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas
Premium
United States
the bottom of my heart.
kolio123
This thread is going to be about GT5 and GT6's good ole days. How short, but amazing they were. The things you used to be able to do, and see.

There used to be a time when...
  • I could find a lobby that I wanted to join. And if I couldn't, somebody would surely join mine.
  • league races were full of drivers.
  • NASCAR lobbies would fill up so quickly people would race them at High Speed Ring rather than the more common Indy and Daytona.
  • you could find a few different kart rooms, tuned or one-make.
  • Canadians would name name their lobbies "QC and Canada ONLY."
  • SSR7 was the hottest spot to drag race in a tunnel.
I could do a bullet point for each track in the game. I will only do a few...

Indianapolis Motor Speedway
  • HThere used to always be a room open for Formula Gran Turismos that were raced like Indy Cars.
  • Occasionally there would be a room or two for NASCARS. That kind of came in spurts. Indy would be be popular for a couple weeks and then it would go back to Daytona for the majority. But not all. Some people really liked Indy NASCAR a lot better. Especially later in the game's lifetime. (This is mainly about GT5)
  • You could find a room for racing Rockets as if they were Vintage Indy Cars.
  • As for the road course, you could always find a drag racing room. As a matter of fact, you still can. But you probably won't be able to find a clasic muscle car drag room. Now, you just have to join a non-specific room and race GT-R's and Veyrons. It. Sucks.
Grand Valley Speedway
  • Spec racing heaven. Not anymore. Heck, you can't even find spec room nowadays.
  • You can't find people drifting the section anymore either.
Nurburgring
  • Ah. Just what most of you were probably waiting for. Guess what, you can no longer join a 505pp room. Nobody to host them I guess.
  • Track Days and Hangout rooms are still valid though, if that is your thing.
Twin Ring Motegi
  • MAXXSTER21 will still host his room of a certain PP limit and any car. But I feel bad for him because he is the only one in there when I see the room open.
  • No more NASCAR racing is held here.
  • Ocassionally you will see Japanese players running the road course with anything and everything.
It is just amazing how quick the online community bails out.

There are just so many things that made the open lobibies unique, that are now gone...
  • As of typing, there is only 2 drift rooms on Tsukuba right now. There used to be 15 of them. Most of them having over 10 people in them.
  • Kart Space, London, Autumn Ring, Madrid, Toscana, Rome... all of these places have no rooms open as of typing this.
  • Drag WARZ are not on my lobby list today. Even though I hate those rooms, I like seeing them open and active for the sake of the community.
  • No JDM rooms on SSR7 lately.
  • Only a handful of cruise rooms are open at any givin' time. They use to be endless.

Do you have any thing that you miss?

It blows my mind that I use to play these games every single day after school. I could always find my 3 favorite things with no worries that I wouldn't have somebody to play with. Karts, NASCAR and drag rooms were my homes. Not anymore.

I guess this thread was mostly made to vent my reminisence of the game.

Please, go on amd reminisce yourself. Feel free to say what you used to be apart of, and what lobbies you used to always see. Or anything else about the good ole days.

I guess this thread was mostly made to vent my reminisence of the game.

Please, go on amd reminisce yourself. Feel free to say what you used to be apart of, and what lobbies you used to always see. Or anything else about the good ole days.
I don't recall clicking the epic crying and whining thread…

Games are what you make of them. Make it happen.
Good call, clifford. 👍

I kind of miss GT5 ( hybrid that I made with Hex Editor ) wangan battle lobbies, AMS GTR, Devil Z, turbo 512BB, turbo Miura etc, tunnel to tunnel battle or just tunnel pull drag ( start from 80/100 kmh to top speed by the end of the tunnel ), then I often joined cruise room, and do odd 1 vs 1 battle. Now, in GT6, I hosts no assists track day/test room, rarely I will see another driver spent more than 3 laps :( Ford GT40 MkI on CH limit was my last test lobby car, everyone who joined, left in seconds.

I kind of miss GT5 ( hybrid that I made with Hex Editor ) wangan battle lobbies, AMS GTR, Devil Z, turbo 512BB, turbo Miura etc, tunnel to tunnel battle or just tunnel pull drag ( start from 80/100 kmh to top speed by the end of the tunnel ), then I often joined cruise room, and do odd 1 vs 1 battle. Now, in GT6, I hosts no assists track day/test room, rarely I will see another driver spent more than 3 laps :( Ford GT40 MkI on CH limit was my last test lobby car, everyone who joined, left in seconds.

Yeah, I remember those days. I had a F20C MR2 once before, and I still do hybrids in GT5, but it seems not fun without showing them off anymore. I would join your room, because I do no assistance as well, I find it more natural to drive because of my wheel usage.

I miss regular updates and more frequent Seasonals but this late into the game what we're getting is expected.

For me good online lobbies were always hit or miss or few and far between. Don't expect much different in GTS so it's really no loss.

I still can find some good lobbies in Gran Turismo 6. Some days ago, I made a lobby to race only with Alfa Romeo's and some people joined and didn't left so quickly. It was a fun afternoon.

But yes, I miss some things. Some GT5 things like the used car dealer, but also GT6 things. I miss when there were updates that bring new cars and tracks (Vision GT, etc.), and when there were more seasonal events every week. Basically, I miss when PD was focused on GT6. This game has a lot of potential, but I feel that is not complete.

@kolio

The problem with GT6 community is, apart from course maker hackers and Duel of the week thing, its basically DOA with majority on remorse as far as i can see. I used to have lots of communities circling around GT. Nowadays its basically all dead. Its like Blockbuster stores on US.

Its on sudden downward starting as early 2016. GTSport might come to play but people probably lost interest in the first place. Not that I really bothers though, apart from losing the fair weather friends.

The same can be told to GTPlanet. But I'd rather let you know exactly why.

Back