There was/is a 60fps mode in GT1...let's take a look at it!

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 9 comments
Germany
Hanover/Germany
alexpkas
So recently I found out about this and tried it for myself. Such a cool feature! Although I prefer my 30fps eyecandy, I must admit to the 60+fps crowd: GT1 plays infinitely better in 60fps (50 in my case=PAL region). I also made a nice comparison between the normal GT1 mode and the 60fps mode on all 3 tracks, on which the high-fi mode is available, with commentary (written) and all that jazz, so check it out if you like!:

Last edited:
I've been itching a ton to play the first Gran Turismo at 60 FPS... or 50 FPS. Sadly, it seems like Emulation is taboo around here, so I can't really talk much about it.

I've been itching a ton to play the first Gran Turismo at 60 FPS... or 50 FPS. Sadly, it seems like Emulation is taboo around here, so I can't really talk much about it.

Just get a used PS2/GT1 ;) If you have a modern HDTV with only HDMI ports, then you'll need an adaptor though. :P

Doesn't the PS3 have a bug that causes Analog to be turned off after every race?
The only time I've ever had issues with it turning off Analog is when the controller is charging. Other than that, I never have had an issue with the controller.

I've had it always (PAL version). Doesn't seem to happen with GT2 if I remember right.
Oh wow I thought I was the only one who had this issue with GT1 (NA Version), does anyone have an audio issue with the game as well? Sometimes when I get into the game there's no audio and I have to reinsert the HDMI in order for it to work again.

Last edited:
Doesn't the PS3 have a bug that causes Analog to be turned off after every race?

It does. What a weird thing to happen though.

Contrary to the common belief, every PS3 plays PS1 games. Probably easier nowadays to get hold of one of them than a PS2.

I've got 2 working PS3s (Slim and Super Slim) and two "fat" PS2s :)

Later in the year I wanna buy the PS2HDMI, IF that one comes this year, or ever...

Latest Posts

Back