These Forums are great!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Praetorian
  • 12 comments
  • 615 views
Messages
78
Sorry to make a thread for this, but i couldn't gind one quite suited to what I wanted to say.

first off, there is no end to the info i've found here (both useful and otherwise), quite simply too much for my diminished brain cells to absorb at once.

I've been a fan of GT ever since the first one came out here in the States, and I'll probably be playing GT27 with my grandkids one day :dunce:

I enjoy immensely a lot of the stories, write-ups, articles, & race reports I've been reading here! most recently (but not exclusively) were the faux "Road & Trek" article comparing Euro-sedans as if they were real cars with a real test team, an article I read concerning the evolution of the Europa / Esprit Chassis, there was a Short story started (to be continued I hope) of a guy getting his car geared up to smoke some choobs at the Sunday cup with his uber-vehicle... and many many more excellent posts of people sharing their love of their favourite cars & tracks that inspire me to take second looks at cars i had previously dismissed.

Sorry I cant remember the names of the authors of some of the afore-mentioned articles, but I'm still new here.

Actually the only name I can remember easily so far is 'Old Geezer' :odd:
I really get a kick out of his old school 'do it the hard way, do it the right way' train of thought that is reflected in almost all of his posts

Old Geezer
Back in my day we didn't have ABS! We just jammed sticks into the spokes of our motor-carriages until we either stopped or the wheel popped off, and we liked it that way!

anyway, I just wanted to take a moment to share the love! :cheers: keep them posts coming!
 
New user myself here and I'd like to second what was said above, been to several forums before and searched the GT4 sections but never have I found the kind of helpful info that I have here. Let's not forget james' successful attempt of the Motor Carriage (sp?) round the Ring, gotta try that one myself.
 
Welcome to GT planet both of you!! 👍
EDIT: But yoda is right, this should be in the rumble strip.
 
This should go under The Rumble Strip, I'll go see if a mod can move it for ya!

any ways, Welcome to GTP both of ya.
 
Ooops sorry :dunce:

I don't think I've been to the rumble strip, or i'd have known that was the better place for this... will have to look for it. I just couldn't contain myself :D
 
No prob man, I'm glad to see you love the forums so much:tup:

NOTE: NEVER CHECK THE GT5 CAR LIST BEFORE U GET THE GAME!!! I made that fault when I joined the forums...:banghead:
 
Welcome to GTP

if you want you cant try some online race series
 
Master_Yoda
This should go under The Rumble Strip, I'll go see if a mod can move it for ya!
Why? It seems to be about GT4 to me.
 
unsanctified
Seems like it belongs in Site Feedback more than anything.
Yeah i agree.
But i only thought about the rumble strip cause hes mainly talkin about the forums, and thats it.
 
Welcome to GTP you guys, hope you enjoy your stay. I agree that informations has no end at all, and probably never will until the new Gran Turismo (for PS3) comes out. And even when it'll come out, I'm sure GT4 will still be a big attraction. :)

Welcome again, and have fun :)
 
Regardless of where the thread belongs, welcome to GTP, you'll find everythin you need to know about GT on this site. And yeah, Old Geexer is great, he's one of the best member's when it comes to proving something can be done, like winning the GT world championship in JGTC cars.
 
Old Geezer could win the World Championship in a Daihatsu Copen...the man is absolutely in-believable...
 
Back