Thing you may never knew about this game.

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 28 comments
Indonesia
Paint booth
FMecha_EXE
Did you know...

...that Gran Turismo once had it's own trading cards, the Hint Cards? ;)

Some of them look like this:
4053693310_e591829771.jpg

(courtesy of DogusTurkay - I think he posts at Assemblergames)

...that Tomica made 1/64 (IIRC?) scale of GT1 cars (and also for GT2)?

6600708595_d9376d7210_z.jpg

6266781640_138639f49a_z.jpg

(courtesy of GT-R_54, at Assemblergames - if you post here, please show up)

There maybe other merchandise-like things out there. Feedbacks please! :D

Whoa! Trading cards? NICE! Wish I had know about that. I would have collected them just for the nostalgia. GT 1&2 were and still are such beautiful games. Very well made.

Trading cards!!! 1/64 Scales??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Do want!!! :( My kingdom for those!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you know...

There maybe other merchandise-like things out there. Feedbacks please! :D

Yes, there's lots of GT related merchandise out there. Never seen these cars before, though - wow. Wonder if there are still sets out there.

Thanks for sharing. 👍

Do want trading cards. I think I've found something to collect! Any idea where I can get some?

That's absolutly amazing! :eek:

Guess that I will have to start selling some stuff if I want to get those epic 1/64 Gran Turismo cars. :bowdown:

Wow, that's really cool ... but I don't get why the miniature cars are so expensive. Are they limited?

This might be known already, and it's not merchandise, but did you know that many tracks on the GT1 OST are instrumentals from songs with vocals? I didn't know that before, at least for the Cubanate songs. Always thought that would be the original ... but I knew that some of the Feeder tracks were instrumentals.
If you want to check it, just search for these songs on YouTube.

haha, the picture of the hint cards in first post belongs to me.
Here i have another shoot of full set.
dscf0702o.jpg

The entire hint cards consist of 4 special cards, 12 silver (metalic) cards and 180 regular cards and they are released in 1998.

You can see all cards on the following link
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=hint+cards&w=32770500@N02&z=e

By the way i am not sure about the price of Tomy Cars, but it seems they are overpriced.

Last edited:
dscf0702o.jpg

The entire hint cards consist of 4 special cards, 12 silver (metalic) cards and 180 regular cards and they are released in 1998.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=hint+cards&w=32770500@N02&z=e

By the way i am not sure about the price of Tomy Cars, but it seems they are overpriced.

i also got this

dscf0702o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=hint cards&w=32770500@N02&z=e

How did you obtain these cards, just out of curiosity?

dscf0702o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=hint cards&w=32770500@N02&z=e

Pfft. That's nothing! I bought the GT6 Paint Chip Trading Cards! Look!:
paint_swatch1.gif

:D well, i hope there is something i can found around here. because peoples over here always try to become "modernish" and forget about the classics :banghead: , which means no GT1-GT3 things around here :ouch: and looking around ebay is useless 'cause of crap economy.

Wh...what? When I was 5 or 6 I would have KILLED for a 1/64 Castrol Tom's Supra!!! I wanted a Hot Wheels of that car more than anything in the world (and I still kinda do). And now I find, 15 years later, that it exists? I feel like my childhood could have been so much better...

Those trading cards are the mutt's nuts. Love them. I wish I knew they were around. I lived for GT1, and it got me started on computer gaming, after my childhood had been Atari 2600. But GT1 was the greatest thing I'd ever played. Probably to this day it remains my all-time favourite game even if it has long been surpassed.

I only collected the game guides for each game (don't have one for GT5 or 6 though) because that's all I knew was out there.

Those trading cards.....

Back