Things I've Made.

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 11 comments
United States
Texas
I made these things, some are original, some are not, feel free to laugh and ridicule when comparing these to anyone else.

So I'm not creative, and not good with complicated matters, and generally useless altogether, however my PS4 hasn't exploded yet so these can't be too terrible I guess. I've been breaking out of my 'old FIA guideline' rut and stopped using matte gray with nothing else. Ideas aren't quick but here's what I have right now.....

Traditional white or 'Silver Arrow'?

full

Bleu de France, British Racing Green*, and Rosso Corsa

full

* This is close to the BRG formula given on Wikipedia. This, lighter or darker, is what I consider BRG, not what's in the game.

US (option 2) and Japan

full

US (option 1)

full

I am considering keeping up with the old FIA guidelines, however I'm looking at changing my approach as doing this for every car is gonna be a slog, and I don't care enough for it. I'm up for trying to replicate other nations that had a guideline but no one really knows about it, like Austria, or even create one for those that don't have one at all, like South Korea...

...which is why two of these exist.

full

Now the overview of the rest:

Botching my first in-game car.

full

At one point, my Gr.3 rotation.

full

Finally, the one that still has any dignity.

full

I do still like this one a lot. Here's the Link. There is another without the contingencies, but people called for them on it so here we are.

I've been working on liveries for the Ford racers...mainly because I made the mistake of signing with them AND the Mustang seems to be the only vehicle I can safely use the head cam with. Regardless, I need to get some photos in action or in a location because the upload picture doesn't work that great.

Last edited:
Ford Gr._ cars are ready to be shown:

Modern cars, 90's looks.
full

My Manufacturer's efforts.
full

Same car, three looks, three approaches to Parabolica.

full

One of these three is the idiot of the group. Take a guess?​

Umm...I think I crossed the line of what's reasonable.

15431854035693547150162632093064.jpg

...And yet, I'm compelled to keep going and see what comes of it.

LATER: I've got 43 of these damn things. Now to figure out how to show them.

Last edited:
43. 43 cars with FIA Liveries made to a set of guidelines abandoned after 1977. I keep claiming idiocy, why doesn't anyone stop me from wasting time on this? Regardless, it's now out of my head and into a physical form...ish. I'm not gonna post any titles or descriptions. If anything, I want to make a small game out of this.

Without searching at all, how many of these old FIA compliant liveries can you name the nation of?

full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

One more thing before I put the FIA cars to pasture, I have not posted any of these to the world, but will do so at request.

Made these for the LECs.

LEC 19: Assymetrical. My entry, a Mustang Gr.3 I've dubbed 'Warlequin'.
8502804964106600980_0.jpg 8503367919965602324_0.jpg 8368264320466847252_0.jpg

LEC 20: Vintage Road Racers. My entry is this C3 Corvette, which I'll probably start using when I can.
8368334700487411220_0.jpg 8359327501366886932_0.jpg 5125176713381150720_0.jpg

43. 43 cars with FIA Liveries made to a set of guidelines abandoned after 1977. I keep claiming idiocy, why doesn't anyone stop me from wasting time on this? Regardless, it's now out of my head and into a physical form...ish. I'm not gonna post any titles or descriptions. If anything, I want to make a small game out of this.

Without searching at all, how many of these old FIA compliant liveries can you name the nation of?

full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
Great project!!! I've spent lots of time looking at the national racing colors Wikipedia page, but never thought to recreate all of them.

Great project!!! I've spent lots of time looking at the national racing colors Wikipedia page, but never thought to recreate all of them.
Thank you. After looking so long but never seeing consistent and concrete info I went with what I could find...which was effectively all the source links on said Wikipedia page.

I thought about contacting the FIA even, see if they might have something archived. Unfortunately I kept hitting dead ends with contact links.

The last LEC I entered...and I still maintain it's 🤬
full
full
full

More to the point why I'm updating this though...
full

Finally got it in the roulette. Dumb as it may look, I'm still fond of it. It ran in @rallymorten 's GTR2 seriess's'sess'.

Back