Things that make you go, ahhh. Read OP

  • Thread starter Thread starter turismoslayer
  • 18 comments
  • 1,279 views
Messages
550
United States
Newport Beach, CA
Messages
TurismoSlayer
Well, not the greatest title but, I love the little things that have nothing to do with gameplay. I just found, when the pre-race menu is left unattended it will go in to a sort of demo. Haven't confirmed any other tracks or events other than Goodwood though but hey. Cool enough for me to share.

Like the quick menu jump tricks from GT4, what have you noticed in GT6?

Edit: just to add, if you try to enter a race with tires fitted that don't meet regulations, the game will automatically change them for you just so long as you own then.

Confirmed: pre-race menu in regular career mode race went in to demo mode. So cool being my TV is a plasma as to not encourage burn in, save for the track logo in the corner.
 
Last edited:
Ahhh, the motion blur. I don't have GT6 yet, but the motion blur make the game look so immersive. Really looking forward to it.
 
Well, not the greatest title but, I love the little things that have nothing to do with gameplay. I just found, when the pre-race menu is left unattended it will go in to a sort of demo. Haven't confirmed any other tracks or events other than Goodwood though but hey. Cool enough for me to share.

Like the quick menu jump tricks from GT4, what have you noticed in GT6?
Had a nice demo experience myself with the NASCAR cars at Daytona... Considering the cars start in that awful single file rolling start spread far apart from one another, I was impressed that within about a minute all 10 were bunched together 2x2. Even saw some sparks fly up when one of them got into another slightly on the back straight. Was pretty cool to watch for as long as the demo lasted (which wasn't very).
 
The Mt. Panorama day/night cycle is amazing. Just raced that track for about 5 hours straight online, it's the best track in the game by far.

I thought it had only day time hours?


Had a nice demo experience myself with the NASCAR cars at Daytona... Considering the cars start in that awful single file rolling start spread far apart from one another, I was impressed that within about a minute all 10 were bunched together 2x2. Even saw some sparks fly up when one of them got into another slightly on the back straight. Was pretty cool to watch for as long as the demo lasted (which wasn't very).

What demo? :drool:
 
I thought it had only day time hours?




What demo? :drool:
The automatic demo that kicks in after 3 minutes of sitting idle on the home screen. That time can be changed in the settings too.
 


This. Very reminiscent of the "East City" music in Gran Turismo 2, which was my first and only Gran Turismo game until now. I'm not gonna play GT6 until two weeks from now though, but for sure this will make me go, "Ahhh..."

Yes, I know it's also in Gran Turismo 4 and that the original version was the Toyota dealership theme for the Japanese release of the first game.
 
Last edited:
The Mt. Panorama day/night cycle is amazing. Just raced that track for about 5 hours straight online, it's the best track in the game by far.
Have yet to try that. Only raced on that track on Real Racing 3 which I must say has really freaking good versions of real life tracks. Almost as good as GT.
 
The automatic demo that kicks in after 3 minutes of sitting idle on the home screen. That time can be changed in the settings too.
There's that too like in GT5 but I'm talking about the pre-race screen demo. Basically the menu drops out after about a minute or so and it just shows the track with the cars.

Sorry double post.
 
Something I noticed that I feel is a nice touch is that the time shown on the in-car clocks is just slightly "wrong" compared to the track time indicated by the HUD.
 
I thought it was pretty cool how if you leave the game at the main menu for a while, it lets you know that a demo is about to start (like sample replay views). So obviously if you don't want it to start, you have a good 10 seconds or so to move the cursor and cancel it before it loads.
 
Are the powerful RWD cars easy to drift though corners? Some are probably more difficult but anyways. In GT5 I thought there was too much grip, which led to spinning rather than sliding.
 
Last edited:
Only a very few hours in the game, so still a lot to discover but Spa at dusk is :eek: :drool:
 
Had a nice demo experience myself with the NASCAR cars at Daytona... Considering the cars start in that awful single file rolling start spread far apart from one another, I was impressed that within about a minute all 10 were bunched together 2x2. Even saw some sparks fly up when one of them got into another slightly on the back straight. Was pretty cool to watch for as long as the demo lasted (which wasn't very).

Try it, it's actually pretty fun, if not slightly nerve-wracking.
 
The moon and the astronomy in general. Speaking of stars, I like the gratifying feeling of starry explosions after I win a race. It reminds me of beating a stage in Super Mario 64.
 
Hitting Apricot Hill at night in the license test with the Mazda for the first time.

Didn't care for this track in previous GT's, but sliding the car around the curves under the floodlights was pretty epic. The difference between the floodlit sections and the partially lit sections is a real 'ahhh' moment, with a bit of 'ooooo' thrown in....
 
Sunset at just about any track looks gorgeous!
 
Just the cars, standard or premium. I don't know how to describe it. They aren't even breath taking, but somehow GT6 makes each car, even standards, feel special. Maybe it's the lighting? Lack of used cars (UCD)? But you actually want to spend time with each car, get to know it, take photos of it, instead of burning through 1200 cars as fast as possible making each seem like just another card in the deck. That alone makes me go aaahhhhhhh.
 
Back