Things that should be added to GT4

• Thread starter Paradox
  • 7 comments
I just wanted to see what everyone's take on some of these ideas were.

Here is a few things that I think should be added to GT4, wether they were at one point removed from the series or are completely new. Please tell me you comments.

#1. Reinstate the "Racing Modification" on production cars. I know that other than looks it really didn't do a whole hell of a lot, but the ability to take a production car and turn it into a full-fledged race car was just cool.

#2. Add in a couple of new tracks. Something like Sears Point and possibly Atlanta Motor Speedway. Now I know that Atlanta is just a tri-oval track and there already is a full oval and an egg-shape in there, but the reasons are purely asthetic. Check out my next idea why.

#3. Bring in a few new cars and makers. Namely bring pontiac into the mix with the Firebird and especially the grand-prix. Put the Ford Taurus SHO back in. Put in a Chevy Monte Carlo, and a Dodge Avenger. Now you take those, fix them all up and put the racing modification on them and voila, NASCARS! Most of you should remember the Taurus SHO from GT2 and with the racing mod it was a NASCAR.

I know there are plenty of other NASCAR racing games on the market to deal with this urge, but I think it would be cool to have these in and then run a "NASCAR-only" race in one of the leagues.

Now my next item is pretty tame. GT3 already allows you to save in the middle of a series race which is damn cool, but the other is the ability to change your oil in the middle would be a helpful addition. Normal races in real-life allow you to do FAR more than that in between races, so why not here?

I think that's about it. I was mainly just putting this up here because I wanted to hear all of your feed-backs regarding this.

Especially the Racing Modification. Thats what I miss the most. Of course I would love to see MANY more cars and tracks.

The downloadable cars idea is good but it wouldnt really do 56K'ers any good. Well as long as the cars arent that big in size.

Originally posted by viper_maniac
The downloadable cars idea is good but it wouldnt really do 56K'ers any good. Well as long as the cars arent that big in size.

its my understanding that the network adapter is strictly broadband, so you would need a broadband connection.

I'll have to agree on most of your points, except for the NASCARS.
Nascar isn't road racing. I don't know about you, but I NEVER drive on the speedway or the test track if I can avoid it. Two reasons mainly, 1: It requires NO driving skill. 2: IT'S REALLY REALLY BORING!!! I never realized 3 laps could last so long!!! Even at 240 M.P.H. it's an eternity. Plus you throw in the fact that, besides their colors, NASCARS all look the same, a big TIC-TAC on wheels. You were correct however,
I know there are plenty of other NASCAR racing games on the market to deal with this urge,
So why waste space in GT with that? Driving around an oval really wastes the excellent physics engine in Gran Turismo, because you really don't need it.
Enough complaining, on to the good points:
RACING MODIFICATION, YES YES YES!!!! That was definitly one of THE coolest parts of the game! It was also more useful for performance than you indicated. Check the stats for your car before and after. Not only is the downforce front and rear adjustable, but more importantly, the weight of the car drops further than Stage 3 weight reduction. This improves all aspects of performance, acceleration,handling, braking, etc....
More tracks is always better! Sears Point is an excellent tight road course with many grade changes which makes it more interesting. NO MORE OVALS PLEASE!!!! But how about MID-OHIO, they hold the SCCA road racing Run-offs there.
Somebody mentioned downloadable cars. That is an excellent idea.
Actually, I think changing oil in the middle of a series is a pretty good idea. Since they've made it have an effect on performance, they should allow a longer pit stop to change it, especially in the Endurance races.
NO MORE OVALS PLEASE!!!!

C'mon, let's RACE!!!

Back