Things that should have been fixed before

  • Thread starter Thread starter Renn Sport
  • 13 comments
  • 1,247 views
Messages
20
Brazil
São Paulo, BRA
Let's get to the point, all those updates, and many things remain unchanged

First, the menu orders, every time you start the game, you need to change your preferences in the garage order, item order, even in GT2 your preferences were saved, why not do it in GT5

Another simple thing, the camera angle, every single time the game is started, the camera is in the bumper, it irritates, again I remember previous GT editions to point that your favourite angle was saved

Also the paint system should be improved, making the paint colours permanent, instead of the actual mode, and insert a "return to original colour" option, similar to the one available in the wheel shop

And it should be offered the option of buying original wheel models from the manufacturer of the car, for example, allowing the 599 to be fitted with the F430 wheels, not to mention the wheel change for standard models

I am aware there are many posts pledging the same, this is just a shout out from someone who plays the game for some months and is feeling ignored by PD, just like many of you


Thanks, best regards
 
Last edited:
I think it would be kool if they add a paint store offering all the paints and new textures (carbon fiber, chrome ect.) for like 10,000 each, which is a realistic price for expensive paint jobs.
 
Be nice for PD to recognise the G27.

Maybe patch 1.46. Eh.
 
Let's get to the point, all those updates, and many things remain unchanged

First, the menu orders, every time you start the game, you need to change your preferences in the garage order, item order, even in GT2 your preferences were saved, why not do it in GT5

I get the complaint, but your memory has lapsed; the only way to sort your garage in GT2 was to press Select to bump a car to the top of the list. You couldn't sort by make/model/etc. like you could in GT4/5.

Another simple thing, the camera angle, every single time the game is started, the camera is in the bumper, it irritates, again I remember previous GT editions to point that your favourite angle was saved

A minor annoyance, sure, but not really that big of a deal.

Also the paint system should be improved, making the paint colours permanent, instead of the actual mode, and insert a "return to original colour" option, similar to the one available in the wheel shop

As one of the few proponents of the paint chip system, I actually agree that once you earn a color there shouldn't be a quantity attached to it. Though I do prefer it how it is to simply a RGB color editor - this way you can use actual brands' colors.


And it should be offered the option of buying original wheel models from the manufacturer of the car, for example, allowing the 599 to be fitted with the F430 wheels, not to mention the wheel change for standard models

Agreed.


I am aware there are many posts pledging the same, this is just a shout out from someone who plays the game for some months and is feeling ignored by PD, just like many of you

Thanks, best regards

I find it hard to feel ignored when there have been continual improvements/additions to the game, not to mention the Seasonal Events. I can't remember the last time any game provided so many changes since release for free.
 
Be nice for PD to recognise the G27.

Maybe patch 1.46. Eh.

Full support for G27 would be very nice...

Also the mentioned 'paint store' would be nice.
 
GT5 is a huge game with tons of content. Minor details will be missed - the same goes for any game. That's why there have been 10 patches already. There's no point to play "coulda shoulda woulda" in regards to nit-picky details in the development process. Come on, the game has been out since November 2010, give it a rest.
 
I don't really like the way that the tracks are layed out. I think it would look neater as well as be more user-friendly if the track menu was like the premium car dealerships.

For instance if you want a Focus ST, you click on the Ford logo and then you'll see all the Ford cars.
So, if you'd like to race on the Nurburgring, instead of scrolling through the menu looking for your favourite layout, you'd simply click on the Nurburgring logo and then select one of the track layouts. Same thing with Circuit de la Sarthe, Monza, Indy, etc. I think they do something similar to this in Forza if I'm not mistaken. Go on Youtube and type in "Forza 3 tracks" incase you're confused lol.
I have no idea if ANY of that made sense at all, I'm horrendous at explaining even the simplest of concepts but hopefully you'll all get it. :)
 
I get the complaint, but your memory has lapsed; the only way to sort your garage in GT2 was to press Select to bump a car to the top of the list. You couldn't sort by make/model/etc. like you could in GT4/5.

What I was trying to say in this case, was regarding the saving of the preferences, in GT2 the car positions were saved, for example, I used to drive more the TT LM Edition and the GT One, so I moved them up, and then they were there until I played GT2 in 2003 or so, in GT5, you couldn't save your preferences

Another points that should be improved are the option to buy better brakes, sports and racing, also the whole turbo system could be brought back to what it was in GT2, where you could buy up to 4 stages and better intercoolers, and enable more cars to have turbo kits installed, and improve the hp gain, there are many cars where the turbo kit gives less than 50 hp of improvement
 
Last edited:
A little thing that is annoying me is my car stats not going up :-( I take part in a seasonal and restart it after I win. My overall race wins goes up by the amount of races I do but my car stats only show 1 race win :-( only a little thing but something I hope they fix. I'd like to know how many times I have won the Ferrari seasonals in my SP1.
 
I myself would love to be able to toggle between racers' names and the car names while racing in A-spec. It is possible in B-spec so I don't understand why it's not in A.
 
I myself would love to be able to toggle between racers' names and the car names while racing in A-spec. It is possible in B-spec so I don't understand why it's not in A.

How would you race if you switch to another car?? While in A-spec I like to race.
 
Last edited:
Let's get to the point, all those updates, and many things remain unchanged

First, the menu orders, every time you start the game, you need to change your preferences in the garage order, item order, even in GT2 your preferences were saved, why not do it in GT5

Another simple thing, the camera angle, every single time the game is started, the camera is in the bumper, it irritates, again I remember previous GT editions to point that your favourite angle was saved

Also the paint system should be improved, making the paint colours permanent, instead of the actual mode, and insert a "return to original colour" option, similar to the one available in the wheel shop

And it should be offered the option of buying original wheel models from the manufacturer of the car, for example, allowing the 599 to be fitted with the F430 wheels, not to mention the wheel change for standard models

I am aware there are many posts pledging the same, this is just a shout out from someone who plays the game for some months and is feeling ignored by PD, just like many of you


Thanks, best regards

I do and don't care about the wheel stuff but I agree regarding having the game saving all your preferences. I play a lot of Arcade TT and prefer the REAL setting for wet track and grass etc. and HEAVY damage (yes, real heavy). I wish I don't have to choose those two options every time.
 
Back