Think this would be possible?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 4 comments
  • 778 views
Messages
932
Messages
Chicano3000X
Messages
Chicano3000
I haven't tried Remote Racing yet, but from what I heard, you just read what your car is doing, there is no actual visual feedback.

What if they came up with a phone/computer App that will display, ATLEAST a topdown view of the track, with your car highlighted as a red square, the others are blue.

It would basically be GT5's course map being displayed. That way you know where your car is at.
 
I think this has been asked before but my personal take on this is; this function is REMOTE racing, ie: you're away from your TV/PS3. If you want to watch your races, watch them on your TV/PS3. If however you cannot be at your TV/PS3, this gives you a way to still race and earn credits/XP.
Personally, I think it works and does all it needs to.

You already know where your car is, granted in text format, by watching the Remote Race screen from GT.com.
 
It's a remote race. If you want to watch it then watch it on your TV. This feature would add useless load to the servers.
 
I have to agree that it would be a pretty hefty and unnecessary strain on their servers to provide us with more detail and a more real-time view of race progress.

However, that doesn't mean that it's not a good idea - it is.

Yeah, it's great that we can even do this. (It annoys the wife to no end sometimes when I'm flipping between broadcast TV and the PS3 to check my B-Spec races.) That doesn't mean there shouldn't be a little more feedback than the slow little list we get on our screen.

If I didn't think it would make things worse, I would be all for it myself, but...

Peace...
 
It's possible but I don't see how it would make anything better.
 
Back