Geoguessr

• Thread starter TB
  • 181 comments

TB

Space Lord
United States
NoDak
Cy-Fi
I was watching Tekzilla this weekend and they mentioned a site called GeoGuessr. Ends up it's pretty fun and you might actually learn something, too.

Go to geoguessr.com and try to figure out where you've randomly been dropped. Feel free to pan around, of course but NO MOVING FROM YOUR STARTING POINT. That makes it too easy as eventually you'll come across something you can search for.

Also. NO SEARCHING. That takes the fun out of being way off!

My latest, but not greatest, score - 8740. :dunce:

Last edited:
I like that game.

Got 11153. Got the right countries but always around 1000miles off :lol:

9k739h.jpg

Messed up the last one in Australia as I thought I was done

Last edited:
Looks good. I'll have a proper go later.

Does anyone remember Geosense? It's quite similar and we all had a few battles on it. It's in a thread somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.

I managed to get 1990 points for my first location, the environment was clearly Australian though. In fact, I've been very close to the road I was placed on just a few years ago. :crazy: Let's see how I do for the rest of this game though!

Edit: Well, I didn't do so well for the rest...

Last edited:
I got 12820 on my third try. Though I was lucky as it gave me an image with a 'Hamburg Wasser' advertisement so that was a giveaway.
I'm not a fan of the pictures with only a road and forest. They're just a bit vague :dunce:

That's a very fun game! I'm pretty terrible at it, though. I think I got just under 7000 on my second try.

You really need luck my first attempt was under 3000 as i got 2 straight stretches of road with not one sign or car.

And that could be anywhere.

Lol, I was juuuust 1,429 kilometers off :lol: I gotta pay more attention to cars, I was sure that thing was a Lada :crazy:

This thing is awesome.

EDIT: Incredibly, I keep getting worse :lol: now I'm 6k+ km appart

I love the ones that put you on a 2 lane road in the middle of nowhere. No cars or buildings. I always guess Nebraska or something, only to learn it's actually South Africa or Australia.

EDIT: Just got one at night with snow on the ground. Wtf.

Last edited:
the lines on roads are a give away on most parts, different colours used by countries, spacing, wide....

but that's just limit it down....

the lines on roads are a give away on most parts, different colours used by countries, spacing, wide....

but that's just limit it down....

Europe and Australia use white for some stupid reason.
US and Canada use yellow.

But still open desert road with no signs or any other form of clue is next to impossible to guess correctly.

I thought someone hacked TB's account for a second.:lol:

I did alright the first time, just over 11,000. This was the first one on my second try.

wtfib.png

Apparently it's a road by Lake Winnipeg in Manitoba(The lake was visible at first), I guessed a random location in Ontario, at least I was in the right country.

My best not moving around is around 11,000. However, when I do explore around, I got 25,000. Got one 500m off.

I keep hovering around the 10,000 mark.

I've learned that if in doubt, it's always Australia.

Edit: I'm particularly proud of this one.

ScreenShot2013-05-28at162755_zpsf8614853.png

One of them I did was a giveaway because there was a flag of the country, hence the close guess.

TB
I was watching Tekzilla this weekend and they mentioned a site called GeoGuessr. Ends up it's pretty fun and you might actually learn something, too.

Go to geoguessr.com and try to figure out where you've randomly been dropped. Feel free to pan around, of course but NO MOVING FROM YOUR STARTING POINT. That makes it too easy as eventually you'll come across something you can search for.

Also. NO SEARCHING. That takes the fun out of being way off!

My latest, but not greatest, score - 8740. :dunce:
You can make it more challenging by doing it my way.

Not only NO MOVING from the start point and NO SEARCHING, but NO ZOOMING IN THE WORLD MAP - put your pin on it as it is :D

I managed to narrow my 4th one down to a specific intersection in a tourist trap town in Colorado (because it started me off at a building that said what town it was).

In response, it dumped me on a dirt road in a forest in Canada where the street view just stopped even when I attempted to follow it.

:lol:

Last edited:
I thought someone hacked TB's account for a second.:lol:
Maybe I have.

Err...
Just curious, are we allowed to read road signs?
You can pan around all you like and if there is a sign/distinguishing feature in view without moving down the road, have at it. 👍
You can make it more challenging by doing it my way.

Not only NO MOVING from the start point and NO SEARCHING, but NO ZOOMING IN THE WORLD MAP - put your pin on it as it is :D
I like, purely for the deviousness. :D

Back