Thinking of getting GT6 - can you drive and not race?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cormack12
  • 10 comments
  • 969 views
Messages
2
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
VersatilityToad
I got into GT5 quite late and I enjoyed a lot of it but the extra cars on the track were poor in terms of AI and I always felt it was just a massive slow line of cars to easily undertake on corners before I could start driving properly in front. It felt like they were never going for the win, just trundling round the track.

So a couple of questions:

Is it possible to just do time trials with different cars on different tracks and just ignore the 'racing'?
The early AI in GT5 put me of progressing, does the AI get progressively more difficult as you level up/go in different classes?
Lastly, has the AI driving improved in GT6?
 
Just read some threads around here .. there is plenty of discussion about AI ...

How did you Enjoy GT5 ... GT-Mode ...Arcade? ... Time Trials ... Special Events? ... License tests? Plat even ?
 
Jeah.... in GT6 you can drive and not race! :)
 
Is it possible to just do time trials with different cars on different tracks and just ignore the 'racing'?
Yes but you will never really make any money.
The early AI in GT5 put me of progressing, does the AI get progressively more difficult as you level up/go in different classes?
In my opinion no they just put more in front of you to pass.
Lastly, has the AI driving improved in GT6?
My opinion again, NO.
On a funny side note they do seem to have no problem hitting you even for the lightest tap you give them.
I guess its pay back for using them as walls and brakes.:crazy:
 
Yes you can just drive, but you won't be able to tune anything until you acquire cars, which involves some racing. You can get some cars through the TT's.
 
Is it possible to just do time trials with different cars on different tracks and just ignore the 'racing'?
...does the AI get progressively more difficult as you level up/go in different classes?
Lastly, has the AI driving improved in GT6?

No.
No.
And no.

If anything the AI has got much worse, as they mostly just slow down & let you past now.
 
Yeah, you can just drive around in Arcade Mode. That will allow you to pick any track you want and you select Time Trial so you'll be the only car on the road. Keep in mind, however, that you can only use cars that you own when you do this mode. Actually, GT6 does offer about a dozen, or so, courtesy cars that you could use in this mode. Seeing that you only earn Credits by racing and doing other parts of career mode, you won't be able to purchase any new cars - unless you buy credits through the GT Store.
 
Cheers folks. Still on the fence now ha.

@#1 - I tried career mode on GT5 and did the licenses etc. It seemed like I had to do a lot just to be able to race then when I got in the races, they felt like I was stuck behind a Sunday driver. Just never felt like I was really pushing speed.

I did try the GT Nissan challenge demo and liked how it handled but again I sort of want to be able to race decent AI or be able to just do qualifying laps or time trials without the necessary first slower lap.

Oh well, guess I'll mooch on it a bit loner before committing or not.
 
Yeah, you can also wait till it becomes even cheaper and then make your decision.
 
You can drive and not race, it's doing the opposite that's quite difficult. The AI can be infuriatingly slow sometimes. Generally speaking, offline racing feels more like being a racing driver at a track day - the AI will drive competently and will avoid collisions (at least with me!, some people will say the opposite) but they have a slow, slooow pace. And in faster cars 'tis may be a problem.
 
Just blast through the easy career mode and make money for cars you want to drive, online (if you find a decent room) will give you what you are looking for.
 
Back